James and Carys #9 flogging ITS collection being misleading shh James is now breastfeeding

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Where do you draw the line though? There are people who can’t afford to buy a house, should they not post house renovation stuff? People who have lost a dog, should they not post Mila?
When have I said they shouldn’t post?😴😴😴 I’m saying as influencers I feel like they do have more responsibility over the average person to account for peoples feelings over what they post. E.g when posting pictures of breastfeeding be mindful that there may be women who are triggered by that.

Reactions: 3
I can't stand some of their content but they shouldn't hide their feeding choice, no one would feel triggered by or even comment on bottles in the background. This feels like stigmatisation of breastfeeding.

• Angry
Reactions: 22
I can't stand some of their content but they shouldn't hide their feeding choice, no one would feel triggered by or even comment on bottles in the background. This feels like stigmatisation of breastfeeding.
No one said she shouldn't post? This thread is getting ridiculous:rolleyes:. Literally becoming one of the worst on tattle because its just always people trying to undermine someone elses opinion- some people don't have to like what Carys posts you know, and there is nothing wrong with that, just like how they can be upset over what she posts. You can't dictate how people feel or what they're triggered by.

Also, there is stigmatisation of bottle feeding and to say there is not is extremely misinformed. Mothers who bottle feed are made to feel like they are doing wrong by their baby as "breast is best". So there are people who would comment on bottles in the background. All I'm saying about Carys posting a lot of pictures of her leaking through her tops and always reminding us of how she can breastfeed could be triggering towards people who can't breastfeed, the same as what was said when she posted that TTC video when for her it took about 5 months and for others it takes years. Its hardly stigmatisation of breastfeeding to say that influencers should be more mindful of how their content comes across.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
I think if she spoke about her breastfeeding journey alongside the odd pic it wouldn't be as bad. But just a daily boomerang or filtered pic is just boring and lazy content imo, the same with her daily bump pics 😂 she sugar coats everything though as we know from her birth vlog, but also she used a whole bottle of nipple cream (where with that cream you don't need to use a lot to soothe) in 2-3 days but said it wasn't a struggle? even if she isn't struggling now, she's not said one thing about how it was hard trying to establish the feeding as milk came in, or cluster feeding is hard. But it's always this look how magical this is, and nothing real and relatable

Reactions: 14
Sorry my opinion winds you up :rolleyes: 😂 . this is what I mean, if you can't stand someone elses opinions then maybe a site like this isn't the place for you because people are free to write what they want ☺
Goes both ways, I’m allowed to express my opinion too that it’s annoying.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Goes both ways, I’m allowed to express my opinion too that it’s annoying.
You saying my opinion is annoying is offensive, unnecessary and destroys the purpose of the thread which is discussion of James and Carys, not other people's opinions on the thread.

Don't know what has happened to this thread recently but genuinely disappointing to see, it was a really different place before. :rolleyes:

• Haha
Reactions: 11
with the job title of “influencer” where their literal job is to attempt to influence others then in my
Opinion they do hold responsibility to cater for people’s triggers, as they have chosen their job to be posting things to influence others thoughts and have tons of followers. So therefore they should expect to be actually thinking about what they post knowing that their audience that they are trying to “influence” may be triggered over certain topics.

Also it’s just about being a decent human being. knowing you have a large following which could include women who can’t breastfeed and women who could get hurt over the posts why would you then choose to plaster it all over social media? Yes it does swing both ways so people are allowed to think negatively of what she posts and how often. If it does help new mums that’s great but people are also allowed to be upset over what she posts and the frequency without others attempting to say it’s invalid because that’s not what she was doing
no sorry you’re being ridiculous, she’s a mother, she can breast feed and she can show it. just because others can’t, and just because she’s an influencer doesn’t mean she shouldn’t show herself doing something which others may not be able to. if everyone lived like this we would have very very boring, strange lives

• Heart
Reactions: 18
think this is going to be a case of you can't have a slightly negative opinion on this thread anymore because some members on here think since Carys gave birth the sun shines out of her arse 😂 edit to add, unless of course your negative opinion is of James, then its always welcomed on here🙄😂

as you've said your opinion is she can post breastfeeding all she wants. Anon hasn't said she can't post, but maybe should post less and not so much in a "braggy" fashion of how much how boobs leak etc. I've nothing against Carys posting the stuff, just wish it wasn't as frequent because I'm not interested in pics of her breastfeeding everyday (I do hate the "breastfeeding boobs" and pics of leaked through tops and bras though) but at the end of the day it's Carys' page and she will do what she wants. everyone has different opinions about the matter, but yet again I think it should just stop being discussed before people keep getting shut down for just having an opinion 🙄😴

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Moving swiftly on from the drama...

1. The bear OOTD is super cute
2. Wtf about the following boomerang.. her shoulders look like a rugby players
3. I frequented the Reddit page because I'm nosy and it seems estimations of her are going downhill...even if it is from absolute pervs 🤮🤮

Attachments

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 13
no sorry you’re being ridiculous, she’s a mother, she can breast feed and she can show it. just because others can’t, and just because she’s an influencer doesn’t mean she shouldn’t show herself doing something which others may not be able to. if everyone lived like this we would have very very boring, strange lives
For the 1000000th time, I never said that she shouldn’t post her breastfeeding at all, I just said when she is posting it constantly people should expect for it to trigger others and as an influencer she should be mindful of that, not once have I said she shouldn’t post it at all. So why don’t you actually read what I’ve said instead of putting words into my mouth.

think this is going to be a case of you can't have a slightly negative opinion on this thread anymore because some members on here think since Carys gave birth the sun shines out of her arse 😂 edit to add, unless of course your negative opinion is of James, then its always welcomed on here🙄😂

as you've said your opinion is she can post breastfeeding all she wants. Anon hasn't said she can't post, but maybe should post less and not so much in a "braggy" fashion of how much how boobs leak etc. I've nothing against Carys posting the stuff, just wish it wasn't as frequent because I'm not interested in pics of her breastfeeding everyday (I do hate the "breastfeeding boobs" and pics of leaked through tops and bras though) but at the end of the day it's Carys' page and she will do what she wants. everyone has different opinions about the matter, but yet again I think it should just stop being discussed before people keep getting shut down for just having an opinion 🙄😴
thank you! Really appreciate this. Hate the fact I’ve been jumped on when I’ve not even said what people on this thread are jumping on me for saying! I’ve literally just said that she should be mindful of the frequency of posting her breastfeeding and about how much her boobs leak as an influencer because that can really trigger others- not that she shouldn’t post her breastfeeding at all!!! And I agree, it seems to be the same people who are jumping on others as soon as they have a negative opinion of Carys and what she’s doing, it’s become a nasty thread recently when during her pregnancy it was never like this.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
It's just her experience and she happens to share her life online. Should she not mention her birth because people who had forceps or a cesarean may be triggered? To be honest, that would be more understandable given how traumatic birth can be. It only gets mentioned when it comes to breastfeeding.

Reactions: 5
People get passionate about infant feeding, not necessarily anything to do with carys in particular and thinking 'the sun shines out of her arse'.

Much more exciting things to talk about anyway, like the coffee, tea and sugar stickers she has just been gifted.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
It's just her experience and she happens to share her life online. Should she not mention her birth because people who had forceps or a cesarean may be triggered? To be honest, that would be more understandable given how traumatic birth can be. It only gets mentioned when it comes to breastfeeding.
People have been talking about how insensitive she’s been posting some things for ages for example when she made that TTC video because she had only been trying to conceive for 5 months or so and there’s people who try for years and still aren’t successful so no it hasn’t just been mentioned just when she’s been breastfeeding- it’s been a underlying topic on the thread 🤷‍♀️ . No one has ever said she can’t post about it though, just that they think she should be more Mindful about it. I don’t know how many times anyone has to say it😂😬. Also the comment about it being more understandable to be triggered about birth is insensitive. Breastfeeding grief is very real within mothers and can cause postnatal depression. Who are we to judge and scale up what people are triggered by?

anyways, yes moving on to the stickers she’s been gifted 😂😂😂

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
People get passionate about infant feeding, not necessarily anything to do with carys in particular and thinking 'the sun shines out of her arse'.
my comment was more to do with the fact that it seems people can't make any negative criticism about carys since she gave birth. like suddenly people on here seem to absolutely love her or get defensive if you say a bad thing.

but moving on to those stickers 😂 saw that she followed that company and a hot tub company... hopefully she doesn't get a gifted hot tub for summer 🙄😂

Reactions: 3
my comment was more to do with the fact that it seems people can't make any negative criticism about carys since she gave birth. like suddenly people on here seem to absolutely love her or get defensive if you say a bad thing.

but moving on to those stickers 😂 saw that she followed that company and a hot tub company... hopefully she doesn't get a gifted hot tub for summer 🙄😂

thats so cringe when influencers follow people just to get some freebies!!

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.