James and Carys #9 flogging ITS collection being misleading shh James is now breastfeeding

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sorry another stupid question from a non mum here... is breastfeeding in public legal? Like in terms of having boobs out. Isn’t that indecent exposure? Or does it not count if it’s for feeding. I know some women put a thin blanket over themselves when they do it. Also I’ve heard of cafes asking feeding mothers to leave. Just not sure what’s actually accepted! Please don’t feel in making a judgement, I genuinely just don’t know - most mums I know bottle feed.
Quite the opposite actually in the UK, breastfeeding in public is entirely legal, you do not have to cover up because breast aren’t viewed as “genitals”. It is also against the law for any business etc to ask a woman who is breastfeeding to leave or to cover up.

I am very disappointed how on this thread there are people shaming Carys for breastfeeding in public. I get she does love to whack her boobs out despite knowing there’s a twisted Reddit thread about her HOWEVER breastfeeding in public is an entirely different issue. Breastfeeding is natural, breasts aren’t disgusting or sexual when used in this way, they are the ways in which a woman’s body provides for the baby. A woman has the right to breastfeed without covering up as she is not doing anything wrong, it’s not not modest to feed your baby as breasts aren’t genitals and she is not using them in any way that is sexual at all in this situation. Also in regards to covering up the baby with a Muslin etc, would you like to eat with a blanket covering your head? Or eat in the toilet as some people say the mother should go if she needs to feed?

Society is what has sexualised breasts and the act of breastfeeding, and I am entirely disappointed to see that coming out on this thread.I actually Applaud Carys for having the guts to do it knowing society’s judgement. If you view a mother breastfeeding as something sexual, then you’re part of the problem. We should empower women to breastfeed wherever they want, instead of shaming them.

• Heart
Reactions: 93
I think it's great she posts about BFing, no mum should feel they have to cover up, it's natural.

Reactions: 33
Quite the opposite actually in the UK, breastfeeding in public is entirely legal, you do not have to cover up because breast aren’t viewed as “genitals”. It is also against the law for any business etc to ask a woman who is breastfeeding to leave or to cover up.

I am very disappointed how on this thread there are people shaming Carys for breastfeeding in public. I get she does love to whack her boobs out despite knowing there’s a twisted Reddit thread about her HOWEVER breastfeeding in public is an entirely different issue. Breastfeeding is natural, breasts aren’t disgusting or sexual when used in this way, they are the ways in which a woman’s body provides for the baby. A woman has the right to breastfeed without covering up as she is not doing anything wrong, it’s not not modest to feed your baby as breasts aren’t genitals and she is not using them in any way that is sexual at all in this situation. Also in regards to covering up the baby with a Muslin etc, would you like to eat with a blanket covering your head? Or eat in the toilet as some people say the mother should go if she needs to feed?

Society is what has sexualised breasts and the act of breastfeeding, and I am entirely disappointed to see that coming out on this thread.I actually Applaud Carys for having the guts to do it knowing society’s judgement. If you view a mother breastfeeding as something sexual, then you’re part of the problem. We should empower women to breastfeed wherever they want, instead of shaming them.
Agree with everything above, well said. I think the point the tattler was trying to make was why does she need to post a photo every time she breastfeeds?

Reactions: 15
Agree with everything above, well said. I think the point the tattler was trying to make was why does she need to post a photo every time she breastfeeds?
The tattler said that Carys is the type of influencer to whip her nips out whenever she gets the chance and said why not find a more private spot to do it. Then carried on saying about modesty so I don’t think we’re talking about the same person here. Also the photos everytime she breastfeeds is a lot I can admit but when it comes to shaming her for feeding in public trying to indicate that it’s not modest to do so, no I can’t sit here and say nothing about that because that’s wrong. Breastfeeding in public shouldn’t be shamed and women shouldn’t have to cover up when feeding their babies! Whether it’s Carys or anyone else!

Reactions: 23
yeah I think that's what they were trying to say and I agree. I think it's great she's breastfeeding and making awareness of it. But again, why does she need to post a photo every time she does it? Last week the concensus on here was that her posting about breastfeeding all the time could trigger negative feelings in followers that haven't been able to breastfeed and now suddenly that's changed 😂 I'm all for her raising awareness with the odd pic here and there, but don't need boomerangs of her breastfeeding, or photos constantly

Reactions: 13
yeah I think that's what they were trying to say and I agree. I think it's great she's breastfeeding and making awareness of it. But again, why does she need to post a photo every time she does it? Last week the concensus on here was that her posting about breastfeeding all the time could trigger negative feelings in followers that haven't been able to breastfeed and now suddenly that's changed 😂 I'm all for her raising awareness with the odd pic here and there, but don't need boomerangs of her breastfeeding, or photos constantly
Yes I agree, my issue wasn’t regarding the comments made about her posting pictures breastfeeding. My comment was made regarding what was said earlier in the thread about the fact Carys is breastfeeding in public. I do think Carys brags about being able to breastfeed which is in turn extremely triggering for some, my views haven’t changed there but we can’t allow women to be shamed for trying to feed their babies in public because that’s not right. It’s a women’s basic right to feed their baby in public and that should not be taken away or shamed because some people can’t stand the sight of boobs, that’s their problem not the breastfeeding mothers problem.

Edit: I have read the thread again and saw that the tattler said later on that it is more that she is posting pictures about it, but the first comment made was completely aimed towards breastfeeding in public, nothing about the pictures Carys was taking- hence lots of disagreement in the thread regarding that original comment.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
Yes I agree, my issue wasn’t regarding the comments made about her posting pictures breastfeeding. My comment was made regarding what was said earlier in the thread about the fact Carys is breastfeeding in public. I do think Carys brags about being able to breastfeed which is in turn extremely triggering for some, my views haven’t changed there but we can’t allow women to be shamed for trying to feed their babies in public because that’s not right. It’s a women’s basic right to feed their baby in public and that should not be taken away or shamed because some people can’t stand the sight of boobs, that’s their problem not the breastfeeding mothers problem
oh yeah, shaming just for breastfeeding isn't acceptable. like I said earlier I'd personally cover up, but that's just my way, and I have nothing against people that don't cover up when in public. do hate that breastfeeding is somehow seen as sexual to many people when it is just a natural act

Reactions: 4
Awkwardness around discussing infant feeding is a tale as old as time. Whenever breastfeeding is discussed/posted about there is always the whatabouttery around FFing. No woman should feel silenced or like they cannot post about how they feed, all choices/circumstances should be respected so that however women feed there's no 'guilt'. Formula feeding is amazing, I did it for various reasons and yes it did affect me and took me a while to come to terms with, but breastfeeding is also amazing. If she had posted with a bottle would she be seen to be braggy? Or would it just be ah she's feeding her daughter- why can't can't both be normalised and respected? We have one of the lowest rates in the world, which is fine if its genuine choice not to; but often its that there's not the support, or it's something someone has considered because it's not often spoken about. I don't think she is bragging about it, just posting about it. I suppose you could say anything someone posts about is braggy I guess.

Anyway, let's celebrate all women, however they feed, and not police their bodies.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Awkwardness around discussing infant feeding is a tale as old as time. Whenever breastfeeding is discussed/posted about there is always the whatabouttery around FFing. No woman should feel silenced or like they cannot post about how they feed, all choices/circumstances should be respected so that however women feed there's no 'guilt'. Formula feeding is amazing, I did it for various reasons and yes it did affect me and took me a while to come to terms with, but breastfeeding is also amazing. If she had posted with a bottle would she be seen to be braggy? Or would it just be ah she's feeding her daughter- why can't can't both be normalised and respected? We have one of the lowest rates in the world, which is fine if its genuine choice not to; but often its that there's not the support, or it's something someone has considered because it's not often spoken about. I don't think she is bragging about it, just posting about it. I suppose you could say anything someone posts about is braggy I guess.

Anyway, let's celebrate all women, however they feed, and not police their bodies.
Agreed I just see BF photos the same as a bottle fed photo. Same as someone eating a meal themselves really. It’s all just food! Is it necessary to post the photos in any of these scenarios? Probs not but if people are going to criticise one they should have the same energy for all of these things but typically people are only mad about the BF one. Which speaks volumes.

Reactions: 2
Agreed I just see BF photos the same as a bottle fed photo. Same as someone eating a meal themselves really. It’s all just food! Is it necessary to post the photos in any of these scenarios? Probs not but if people are going to criticise one they should have the same energy for all of these things but typically people are only mad about the BF one. Which speaks volumes.
I don’t believe it is the same though, because we’re not looking at the feelings behind it here. It is facts that many women feel completely insecure and like a failure for not being able to breastfeed, there’s literally tons of pressure around being able to do it and therefore through influencers posting constant pictures about how they can do it and how they soak their tops through how much they leak can be extremely triggering for those women who haven’t been able to do it, and therefore, for example have developed PND or have a low sense of self because they weren’t able to breastfeed. When they take on the job role of an influencer like Carys, then they surely have to accept that with a following that big, they need to be more responsible over what they’re posting and think more than others how their posts come across to people who can’t do the same thing as them.

also many women and parents in general don’t post pictures bottle feeding because that comes with judgements of its own- e.g “breast is best” (which scientifically it is but that still doesn’t take away the hurt when a formula feeding mother hears that statement), or how can you give that baby formula, it’s dangerous for them. That sort of thing.

i think lots can be said for both scenarios. I don’t believe we should be able to tell people what they can and can’t post on their Instagrams but I do think with influencers there’s an element of frustration and annoyance that is validly held when they don’t seem to be considering their followers possible feelings in what they post because surely being an influencer they need to accept all parts of the job, which is ultimately what they post will be being observed by people who haven’t done the same thing as them and therefore can be extremely hurt by what they’re seeing on their page if it is constant pictures of breastfeeding for example like Carys does. As much as I don’t think we should be allowed to say Carys should never post pictures of breastfeeding, I also don’t think we should be allowed to question why others get annoyed by these photos and hurt, because we’re all humans with our own struggles and therefore are allowed our own opinions on what she posts. It is just a shame that society doesn't always respect both choices, e.g- you get judgement for formula feeding, and judgement for breastfeeding. After all, on the surface they are just ways to feed a baby but it does deeply affect people!

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 3
i know my comments may have come across as harsh and judgy which was not my intention.
i just feel like lately there has been a constant rush of influencers who post a picture every time they breastfeed and its not that i have a problem with them breastfeeding, its more the fact that they are posting a picture online for the world to see and they don't think about being a little more covered about it? whose to know who is looking at the pictures and why.
i watch many youtubers that have babies and breastfeed and its only the influencers that act like this and feel the need to gain attention every 2 seconds from breastfeeding.

i know my comments may have come across as harsh and judgy which was not my intention.
i just feel like lately there has been a constant rush of influencers who post a picture every time they breastfeed and its not that i have a problem with them breastfeeding, its more the fact that they are posting a picture online for the world to see and they don't think about being a little more covered about it? whose to know who is looking at the pictures and why.
i watch many youtubers that have babies and breastfeed and its only the influencers that act like this and feel the need to gain attention every 2 seconds from breastfeeding.
I completely agree. Of course breast feeding is natural and normal, but so is going to the toilet and I don't want to see pictures of people doing that either.

Probably unpopular opinion but I hate influencers posting pictures of their babies breastfeeding and them shouting NORMALISE BREASTFEEDING. Of course it's normal, doesn't mean everyone needs to see it.

• Angry
Reactions: 11
I doubt she's posting a picture every time she feeds, you spend most of your day feeding in those early days!
I really can't say anything negative about the photos because she has a platform to encourage others in a country with low breastfeeding rates so good for her.
Also no woman should ever have to cover up but she was covered up in the photo as far as I can see?

Reactions: 14
I think the occasional pic, yeah fair enough, but we normally get one every day she posts, so to me it's just 🙄😴 we get it you can breastfeed. All for her raising awareness, as I've had comments both positive and negative with breastfeeding myself, but I think the way she does it sometimes doesn't come across in the best way, especially when she now refers to her boobs as her "breastfeeding boobs", it could sound insensitive for some people

also people had issues with her getting her boobs out on show before, but now a baby is attached to it, it's fine to see loads of pics of her boobs😂

Reactions: 9
I don’t believe it is the same though, because we’re not looking at the feelings behind it here. It is facts that many women feel completely insecure and like a failure for not being able to breastfeed, there’s literally tons of pressure around being able to do it and therefore through influencers posting constant pictures about how they can do it and how they soak their tops through how much they leak can be extremely triggering for those women who haven’t been able to do it, and therefore, for example have developed PND or have a low sense of self because they weren’t able to breastfeed. When they take on the job role of an influencer like Carys, then they surely have to accept that with a following that big, they need to be more responsible over what they’re posting and think more than others how their posts come across to people who can’t do the same thing as them.

also many women and parents in general don’t post pictures bottle feeding because that comes with judgements of its own- e.g “breast is best” (which scientifically it is but that still doesn’t take away the hurt when a formula feeding mother hears that statement), or how can you give that baby formula, it’s dangerous for them. That sort of thing.

i think lots can be said for both scenarios. I don’t believe we should be able to tell people what they can and can’t post on their Instagrams but I do think with influencers there’s an element of frustration and annoyance that is validly held when they don’t seem to be considering their followers possible feelings in what they post because surely being an influencer they need to accept all parts of the job, which is ultimately what they post will be being observed by people who haven’t done the same thing as them and therefore can be extremely hurt by what they’re seeing on their page if it is constant pictures of breastfeeding for example like Carys does. As much as I don’t think we should be allowed to say Carys should never post pictures of breastfeeding, I also don’t think we should be allowed to question why others get annoyed by these photos and hurt, because we’re all humans with our own struggles and therefore are allowed our own opinions on what she posts. It is just a shame that society doesn't always respect both choices, e.g- you get judgement for formula feeding, and judgement for breastfeeding. After all, on the surface they are just ways to feed a baby but it does deeply affect people!
I agree those concerns are completely valid. I was referring to the sexualisation of BF in the thread rather than the overall BF vs FF sensitivities. Those are completely valid and I wouldn’t dream of being dismissive of those.

also people had issues with her getting her boobs out on show before, but now a baby is attached to it, it's fine to see loads of pics of her boobs😂
Aint that the truth... People were moaning every day here that her boobs were out for the Reddit page. Now there's a baby there it's fine to do it! I didn't want to see them then, I don't really want to see them now although NOW the reason is more justified. Funny that

Reactions: 6
Aint that the truth... People were moaning every day here that her boobs were out for the Reddit page. Now there's a baby there it's fine to do it! I didn't want to see them then, I don't really want to see them now although NOW the reason is more justified. Funny that
It is more justified though like you said. Breastfeeding isn't the same as getting your boobs out for a pervy reddit page. And her boobs aren't even out in that beach pic that started this debate, she's completely covered by the baby and her top.

Reactions: 8
Of course it's more justified now because her boobs need to feed her baby 🙄 and as someone else pointed out the picture where she was breastfeeding you couldn't actually see anything it wasn't like the videos in pregnancy where she was pushing her cleavage out. This thread has really highlighted how taboo bf is as a topic

Reactions: 15
Yes influencers should be more mindful of other people’s feelings towards breastfeeding but at the end of the day it’s not anyone’s responsibility to cater for people’s triggers, this is what’s going wrong with the world, everyone is expected to cater for everyone’s feelings and triggers, if you are triggered by seeing someone do something then unfollow them, I certainly have unfloowes a few people that made me feel tit about stuff etc

I very much doubt she is posting everytime she feeds, like someone else said if that’s the case Jesus it would be more than one or two pics a day

she was documenting her getting used to doing outdoor on the go feeds 🤷🏼‍♀️ Spin it this way, by positing this she is probably helping some new mums realise it’s perfectly normal to have to do this and to not be worried or scared to go out, some new mums are because of the whole feeding in public thing.... it swings both ways. has anyone thought of that?

Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.