Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

mklanch

VIP Member
also, is it typical to still sound so out of breath 3+ weeks after birth? she was pretty breathless throughout a lot (not just the end) of pregnancy, I luckily only got a little breathless at the end, so curious if it's normal to stick around for so long?
i also was going to comment this!!! shes breathless

Reactions: 1

HolymolyMeohmy

No no no no no for fucks sake, I don’t understand why people insist on putting their babies in those Turban hats, no offence to anyone who likes them, I just hate them so much and they are just so stupid and pointless and ugly!!
I've got to say I love the turban hats!!! Babies often have a hat on anyways in relation to temperature regulation so I wouldn't call them completely pointless.... Given Carys previous history of not bother to put enough warm clothes on amber I would say it's a step up!

They swaddle her waaaaay too much!! Is that not just proper effort swaddling everytime she has a nap? Just cuddle her or put her down with a blanket on 🙈
The thing is surely is a rod for own backs as if she gets used to being swaddled for pretty much every nap she won’t be able to sleep without it and she won’t fit in those swaddle bags forever! And if we have a hot summer I can’t see it being safe to keep a baby swaddled

plwcm

VIP Member
everything can constantly be put on James. i think shes not as innocent and shes makes out.
yeah I'm sick of everything being twisted back to James like he is the only issue in their relationship 😂
she probably just doesn't want to talk about stuff because of the judgement she feels she might get. like if she was struggling with breastfeeding, people might judge her as not good enough, and she might have internally be doing the same thing. probably just took her a while to come to terms with it and do her best to fix whatever problem she had. just would be nice for her to not say oh breastfeeding is perfect, she has such a good latch blah blah blah if that's not the case. might have been why James was checking the latch too, in between her consulations with professionals 🤷‍♀️. she could say I'm struggling with parts of it, but it is something I'll talk about at a later date when I've fully come to terms with it and accepted it. that would be fully understandable, but to be saying everything's fine for weeks to then suddenly post that, it's just a bit odd to her followers

mklanch

VIP Member
its gone downhill since Carys' pregnancy days to say the least 😂

Her new vlog "week in our life with a newborn"- they were talking about how they've had a rougher night with Amber and that she wouldn't settle for 2 hours but then went on to say how they are so lucky nonetheless because she's such a good baby. Its like they don't want to admit its hard. Everything is just oh Amber didn't sleep BUT we're so grateful and she's so perfect. Yes in a way its lovely they're positive but blimey its like they don't want to admit that parenthood is hard?
they actually seem to have a very chill baby, but then again they wouldnt admit if she was super fussy

Scapier88

VIP Member
I've posted and said before I got told to feed every three I can't remember how long they said to do that for though as I gave up after my health visitor told me to at 2weeks

K A Y L E I G H

Chatty Member
I do think it’s done her the world of good having that time away from James at the start, I think her confidence is starting to come through with BABY Amber Without James always in her face.
It’s a shame that will be literally the only time alone she’ll have with baby Amber, apart from when James takes Mila on a dog walk but I bet he literally rushes home

Saralouise100

Only just started watching Carys and James and these threads are interesting but wish there was a wiki page to catch up!

Yogarow

i think they are pretty clueless when it comes to clothes and babies as in the nursery tour they were saying about having only 7 white sleepsuits or something, like thats enough when all babies do is eat and shit, and vomit, like imagine is amber was a refluxy baby and vomited all the time, 7 sleepsuits isn't enough! then the sizing issue, everything she wears absolutely swallows her, you can get snowsuits in prem, newborn, 0-3 and so on, they just didn't have a clue!

edit- How much help do you think they got from their families, as her parents are GPS they would understand the severity of cot death and they leave amber in that huge blanket! theyve also had 4 kids so they would know about sizing and clothes but they just didnt seem to have a clue! maybe they asked before hand for no un solicited advise or simply just didnt listen
I have 2 parents who are GPs and I had a baby with my husband at 21, I suppose they/mum mentioned abit of advice, but they defo didnt give day to day advice about routines and sizing etc. So maybe her parents are like mine! And she just isnt asking them?

plwcm

VIP Member
LOL ikr that was underwhelming, only thing was if the baby had been asleep outside i swear when carys speaks condensation comes out of her mouth because its so cold. like whuuut, but other people did say they dont believe they stayed in the garden, like it was just for show and they acc hung out inside etc
oh yeah they 100% passed the baby around and didn't stay outside😂 Carys was fine to let strangers look into her pram on a walk to stare at amber so you'd think she would let elle hold her 😂

Ggibabe

Not sure why she would need two snuzpods and a Moses basket but if she does have two snuzpods one upstairs and one downstairs surely this is better than her leaving Amber upstairs for a nap/night time sleep? Or using that awful sleepyhead on the dining table.. Unsure what the issue is here 🤔

That swaddle she is using forces Ambers arms to be up by her head too.. unless laying down I can’t see how this is comfortable for Amber? I can’t imagine being comfortable going round having my arms next to my head. So so strange
I think because the babies are pretty restricted in the uterus they feel kind of safe and comfortable in a swaddle.

plwcm

VIP Member
also, is it typical to still sound so out of breath 3+ weeks after birth? she was pretty breathless throughout a lot (not just the end) of pregnancy, I luckily only got a little breathless at the end, so curious if it's normal to stick around for so long?

Nelly!!

Hi, random but does anyone know where the fleece lined personalised Peter rabbit blanket is from! Can’t seem to find it anywhere🥴