Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Pawpaw365

VIP Member
I’ve just been watching their latest video. They talk about following the lullaby trust but..... in the last video James talked about putting Amber upstairs with the monitor on. Which she is way way to young for and SIDS risk. Carys has just filmed in their bedroom and there’s the video monitor over the bedside crib. I’m really shocked they’re putting her upstairs on her own already when it is so advised against. She is so young.
I think you've missed about five pages of chat here where everyone has said it's not save previous to 6 months of age.

but do we still need at least one photo a day of her breastfeeding?
I agree with what you said that it could help some mums feel more comfortable feeding in public, that's a valid point, but also we don't need a post every day that's she's feeding, regardless of if it is at home or out and about.

On another note, she had those expensive elvie pumps, is she actually going to use them for day trips (presumably after the 6-8 weeks of establishing breastfeeding), and bottle feed when they aren't at home etc, or were they a waste of a (gifted?) product, as she is clearly comfortable with feeding in public
It wasn’t gifted Carys made it clear in a video that they bought it.

according to carys in her latest video...she just naturally knows ambers temperature...shes know if shes too hot or too cold and exactly how to dress her for the weather! natural instinct apparently
I mean there are ways to check for a babies temperature like back of neck and ears etc by touch if they feel hot or cold so she may mean that (I don’t mean temperature as in like sickness I mean if they are too cold or hot)

but when they are young they can’t regulate it as well and the general rule is one more layer than you are wearing and they haven’t necessarily been doing that lately (or if u are a naturally cold person then the partner that has a normal body temp lol)

littlepup

VIP Member
can someone fill me in on what leaps are? ive had 2 children and never heard of this!
Google ‘wonder weeks’ - it’s basically a theory that all babies go through periods of development or ‘leaps’ at the same weeks old age so you can predict how their moods might change and what new skills they will develop.
The skills predictions have been pretty accurate for my baby but it’s not at all to say it’s all happened in that one week that the theory claims, that’s how it’s become so popular I think though. With the moods there’s a placebo effect of putting any mood changes down to the leap that’s helpful, it becomes very unhelpful when parents look out for it and believe it’s a leap rather than something that needs investigating or stick to it so stringently they worry if the child hasn’t ‘leapt’.

yes, I couldn't remember which one it was for the pumps, thank you 😂 makes it seem more like a waste if they don't get used then, but that amount of money probably doesn't mean anything to them. Think for both it is around £500 😱, I'd hate to spend that much to potentially not use them
depends on the advice been given by the midwife sometimes they don’t like you pump and use bottles straight away so baby doesn’t get confused and instead introduce pumping a few weeks or month into Feeding

mklanch

VIP Member
seems she is being a bit more honest now, with the latest story saying amber only wants to sleep on either one of them tonight. glad she is maybe finally embracing that parenting isn't and doesn't have to be perfect, especially with a newborn, but that is what makes it parenting, it has its ups and downs but at the end of the day you wouldn't change it for the world
i knew this problem would occur soon. babies always prefer being held!

plwcm

VIP Member
Do other parents actually feel crap if an influencer portrays their baby as perfect? My baby has been so fussy tonight and only just gone down but I’d never feel down because someone’s baby online sleeps like an angel. Because I know all babies will play up at some point 😂
I don't because I know that it's most likely all fake on social media 😂 but some people will most likely struggle with it

Misspurpleberry

Chatty Member
I'd understand this if she kept up exercising throughout pregnancy 😂 but she stopped working out as soon as she got that positive. I think it's very clear she doesn't like her body now, she looks like she will cry in the vlogs when she talks about her post partum body and trying to convince herself to be positive about it. It's the only time I've felt sorry for her, just want to tell her it's completely normal to feel that way and you shouldn't have to rush into exercising. But I knew she would exercise as soon as she could, with the bullshit of "I exercise for reasons other than changing my body", which could have truthful aspects, but again if she worked out for health and mental health, why stop just because you got pregnant?
I had good intentions to exercise while pregnant but really cba. I'm planning to start post partum and it's partly because I want my body back and partly because I enjoyed it before but it's been exhausting being pregnant.