James and Carys #9 flogging ITS collection being misleading shh James is now breastfeeding

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I had good intentions to exercise while pregnant but really cba. I'm planning to start post partum and it's partly because I want my body back and partly because I enjoyed it before but it's been exhausting being pregnant.
I didn't exercise as much as I wanted to. I'm 10 weeks post partum and haven't started again yet, but I'm waiting until I'm more comfortable. Unlike Carys, I'm going to slowly ease into it, and have been from giving birth, by doing core exercises to help that repair before going into normal exercises (just double check about diastasis recti before doing some). I'd highly recommend these, and following fittestcore on insta who shows progressions to full moves post partum. Good luck on your journey, pregnancy can be exhausting but I assume your job/life is a bit more stressful and harder than filming yourself walking around your house 😂

Reactions: 5
Her latest story - do people not feed their 6 week babies on demand any more? So if she’s asleep why would you wake her for a feed just because it’s been 3 hours? (Unless advised by a healthcare professional due to weight gain issues etc of course)

Reactions: 13
Her latest story - do people not feed their 6 week babies on demand any more? So if she’s asleep why would you wake her for a feed just because it’s been 3 hours? (Unless advised by a healthcare professional due to weight gain issues etc of course)
Fair enough if there are weight gain issues but i would have to be delusional to wake my baby up to feed him 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 9
when my son was older we used to dream feed about 11pm or so but this was like 12+ weeks and not as young as 6w. 6 week olds don’t have bedtimes!

Reactions: 8
Fair enough if there are weight gain issues but i would have to be delusional to wake my baby up to feed him 😂
I was always told never wake a sleeping baby 😬😬😬 but I know some are advised to if they’re not gaining. They haven’t suggested Amber isn’t gaining as she should so why wake - unless their sleep course has told them to? 🙄

Reactions: 4
I've posted and said before I got told to feed every three I can't remember how long they said to do that for though as I gave up after my health visitor told me to at 2weeks

Reactions: 1
I will give her that the midwives will tell you to do something but they won’t always say when to stop. Perhaps they just haven’t realised if they can stop the 3 hr feeds. I had to for the first 2 weeks and was only told I could stop when I specifically asked. Same with blowing her little face or tickling her ear if she fell asleep in the boob. I was shown to do it various times in the hospital and did it when seeing the feeding team about 3-4 weeks old, “oh you only need to do that for the first few days” they said 🤦🏼‍♀️

Reactions: 3
I think it’s more likely she wants to do the feed at 10pm to top her up so Amber then sleeps a longer stretch over night. Not that she’s feeding every 3 hours. I mean she might be trying to do the 3 hour thing as part of her routine but from her stories it doesn’t look like Amber is in any pattern for eating atm.. and at this point she should still be feeding on demand

Reactions: 6
I swear she said in a recent vlog she was feeding on demand. So you wouldn't wake amber for a feed if you were. Also if "mama knows best" why are you asking 😂

honestly don't think she's feeding on demand. most sleep courses have you stick to a feeding, awake, nap pattern throughout the day, so that's probably why she got so stressed while they were out shopping again and amber needed feeding soon after a feed 😂 she's trying so hard to be relatable now haha

Reactions: 13
Here comes the day of ‘activities’ and ‘sessions’. They’re like personal trainers to that poor kid

• Haha
Reactions: 15
I personally think routines for babies is way too stressful, especially with your first. You don’t need a routine even more so that they are both at home all day, they would find it so much easier just being baby led. I go with the flow and don’t find it stressful like omg im 5 minutes past the nap session!! 😂

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
I personally think routines for babies is way too stressful, especially with your first. You don’t need a routine even more so that they are both at home all day, they would find it so much easier just being baby led. I go with the flow and don’t find it stressful like omg im 5 minutes past the nap session!! 😂
Absolutely, they should follow baby’s lead, get to know her first

Reactions: 4
I gotta defend them on this one actually, it just seems like they're new parents trying to work out the right thing to do / what works for them. Maybe routines or waking every 3 hours for feeds isn't "the right" thing to do (although who really knows what is really "right"), but it's hardly harming Amber. They'll figure it out.

Okay, I'm ready to be sent me off the rave threads now!!! 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Absolutely, they should follow baby’s lead, get to know her first
I 100% get this, but let’s not forget Carys has been open about struggling with anxiety, I was soooo anxious postpartum and consequently ended up becoming obsessed with the idea of my baby needing to follow a routine, she had other ideas obvs cos she’s a newborn baby and not a robot, so she didn’t fall into any sort of routine until she was weaning. Everyone at the time told me not to worry about routines and go with the flow etc. But it’s really hard to go with the flow when you’re incredibly anxious.
Not saying this to jump to her defence or anything, just providing another perspective

Reactions: 7
I gotta defend them on this one actually, it just seems like they're new parents trying to work out the right thing to do / what works for them. Maybe routines or waking every 3 hours for feeds isn't "the right" thing to do (although who really knows what is really "right"), but it's hardly harming Amber. They'll figure it out.

It’s easy to see it from both sides I think. I can
Remember the push for routine because everyone said it would be easier but also in hindsight I knew following his lead was much easier. The longer you get into parenting the more you settle and it really does take time like you said. I think perhaps if you’re an anxious person then babies can be harder than you think too. I don’t suffer with it, so I don’t know but I can imagine it would be rough.

Reactions: 2

Thing is though that you simply can’t make a baby stick to a routine at 6 weeks so they’re trying the impossible. As a result they will be stressed when it doesn’t work, Amber will be stressed off the back of that so instead of going with the flow where they totally can (no job to get to, no older child to tend to) they are creating stress where it’s not needed.
And worse still, if anyone tries to tell them this they don’t want to hear it. If they weren’t so arrogant and listened they’d realise this isn’t ‘figuring out what works’ but ignoring all that’s known about how babies work and trying to force their baby into something that’s not going to happen.
Most of parenting is ‘do what works for you, Mama knows best’ but this isn’t one of those things.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.