James and Carys #26 Baby #2 and still no ducking clue

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Stock numbers left as of 10.10am :

187 Foliage Print
180 Rug Print
94 Black Frame
75 Oak Frame
34 Stone Candle Holder
29 Antique Jug
24 Stone Canister & Lid
23 Black Candle Holder
16 Terracotta Vase
13 Pair of Baskets
11 Rustic Stone Vase
10 Rattan Linen Basket with Jute Liner
How do you know this?! 😂

Reactions: 2
Does Cary’s really think they need such a big box to pack a small candle?!? You use a box relative to the size of the item you are shipping 🤷🏼‍♀️

Reactions: 14

187 Foliage Print
180 Rug Print
94 Black Frame
75 Oak Frame
34 Stone Candle Holder
29 Antique Jug
24 Stone Canister & Lid
23 Black Candle Holder
16 Terracotta Vase
13 Pair of Baskets
11 Rustic Stone Vase
10 Rattan Linen Basket with Jute Liner
Thought I'd add in what you counted yesterday and posted at 6:10pm

187 Foliage Print
180 Rug Print (180 left yesterday @ 6pm)
94 Black Frame
75 Oak Frame
34 Stone Candle Holder
29 Antique Jug (25 left yesterday @ 6pm)
24 Stone Canister & Lid (28 left yesterday @ 6pm)
23 Black Candle Holder
16 Terracotta Vase (25 left yesterday @ 6pm)
13 Pair of Baskets (15 left yesterday @ 6pm)
11 Rustic Stone Vase (10 left yesterday @ 6pm)
10 Rattan Linen Basket with Jute Liner (15 left yesterday @ 6pm)

They've managed to sell out of -

39 Small candles

• Heart
Reactions: 14
How do you know this?! 😂
You can only add to basket what they have in stock ;). So, for example I added 200 of the foliage print to my basket and it comes up with 'whoops' ....so, tried adding 190 to still get the same error message.....until I got to 187 and it let me add them to the basket.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Does Cary’s really think they need such a big box to pack a small candle?!? You use a box relative to the size of the item you are shipping 🤷🏼‍♀️
People are literally paying for their poor planning in terms of packaging materials. I would be so annoyed if I ordered something Royal Mail small parcel size and a massive box like that arrived after paying £6 delivery

It's the same reason I don't order from Wilko online anymore. Ordered a load of stuff that came in two large boxes (the boxes were big enough to come up to mid thigh when put on the floor). One box was full of stuff but the other hand one single (small) photo frame in it...

You can only add to basket what they have in stock ;). So, for example I added 200 of the foliage print to my basket and it comes up with 'whoops' ....so, tried adding 190 to still get the same error message.....until I got to 187 and it let me add them to the basket.
Even quicker way, add one of everything to the basket. Then go to the checkout page and try to.change the quantities to 1000 for every item. It will correct the quantity in your basket to the exact number they have in stock 😉

• Heart
Reactions: 22
I'm sorry but having eczema ON YOUR EYE doesn't mean you can't TOUCH things ffs she's not going to contaminate products don't be so ignorant.

Edit to add: even if it was on her hands - so bleeping what? Sorry if my reaction is over the top but as someone who has had eczema all their life and struggles to keep on top of it your words have confirmed something to me that I've always worried about my whole life - that people think I'm "gross" and don't want me to touch them/their stuff, thanks 👍🏻
I have chronic eczema too. I’m not gonna get into a fight with you about how differently we do stuff. I caveated the statement with the fact I know it’s not contagious etc.

When I have my flair ups on my hands and arms I wear gloves when preparing food, bathing by baby and other things. Not only does this mean no dry skin ends up transferring that can cause irritability on sensitive skin and just be a mess to clean up, but most importantly my steroid cream doesn’t end up in food that I’m preparing for my family and the cream lasts longer cause I’m not constantly washing my hands.

It’s not like she’s not gonna touch eye in the whole time she’s in the warehouse and then clean her hands before handling people’s orders again. Where in that unit could she go to quickly wash her hands, even between orders, that’s what I’d do in the time after covid with how quickly germs can spread.

She always looks pretty greasy and unwashed at the best of times, when sick it’s even more important to maintain good hygiene. Someone else’s dry flakey skin stuck on the little bags or in the jute boxes that I paid over the odds for? No thanks.

And if she didn’t share so much stuff about herself as a ‘business owner’ in the first place no one would be any the wiser if she had her lair up or not. The issue is her telling fans about it and saying she’s gonna go to the warehouse - change in environments can have a have impact on eczema. She should be monitoring the situation and not going there if it’s making things worse, a cold, dry environment like a storage unit it just the place to cause issues.

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: 10
I have chronic eczema too. I’m not gonna get into a fight with you about how differently we do stuff. I caveated the statement with the fact I know it’s not contagious etc.

When I have my flair ups on my hands and arms I wear gloves when preparing food, bathing by baby and other things. Not only does this mean no dry skin ends up transferring that can cause irritability on sensitive skin and just be a mess to clean up, but most importantly my steroid cream doesn’t end up in food that I’m preparing for my family and the cream lasts longer cause I’m not constantly washing my hands.

It’s not like she’s not gonna touch eye in the whole time she’s in the warehouse and then clean her hands before handling people’s orders again. Where in that unit could she go to quickly wash her hands, even between orders, that’s what I’d do in the time after covid with how quickly germs can spread.

She always looks pretty greasy and unwashed at the best of times, when sick it’s even more important to maintain good hygiene. Someone else’s dry flakey skin stuck on the little bags or in the jute boxes that I paid over the odds for? No thanks.

And if she didn’t share so much stuff about herself as a ‘business owner’ in the first place no one would be any the wiser if she had her lair up or not. The issue is her telling fans about it and saying she’s gonna go to the warehouse - change in environments can have a have impact on eczema. She should be monitoring the situation and not going there if it’s making things worse, a cold, dry environment like a storage unit it just the place to cause issues.
She’s going to have to keep posting about her eczema until some company sponsors her though so that’s all she will be thinking about- she wouldn’t have thought about anything you have said at all. I mean, she barely thinks about anything does she 😃

Quite frankly it’s kinda disgusting to think she’s gonna pack all the orders ‘herself’ with nice stickers and tissue paper - her words - and then send them out to people. I know it’s a flare up and she can’t help if, and eczema isn’t contagious but she really shouldn’t be handling products in such a state. People are paying good money for this. It’s just gross. She has to leave the oversharing/friendly chat part of herself behind if she wants to be taken seriously as a business owner. I said what I said.
I’m a nurse. I have eczema on my hands. Does that mean in your mind I shouldn’t be touching my patients?! Like you said it’s not contagious! Even if it was I highly doubt she’ll be rubbing the tissue wrapping paper all over her eyes before packing the item 🙄🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 25
i don't understand how they are going to make much money from this, once they factor in the item cost, packaging and the warehouse/storage locker cost. most likely she isn't going to sell out the more expensive items so then they will have to go on clearance/sale. where is the profit?

Reactions: 11
i don't understand how they are going to make much money from this, once they factor in the item cost, packaging and the warehouse/storage locker cost. most likely she isn't going to sell out the more expensive items so then they will have to go on clearance/sale. where is the profit?
There’s also no repeat purchasing until the next collection. So once someone has ordered, they’re more likely to shop again in a few months. Unless they keep stocking new stuff which is unlikely as they’ll run out of room in the storage unit. They’ll also have to start employing more people when they have two kids which will also add to their costs.

Reactions: 8
Oh God, there’s going to be a pop up shop isn’t there 🙈
Don’t give her ideas!

I’m a nurse. I have eczema on my hands. Does that mean in your mind I shouldn’t be touching my patients?! Like you said it’s not contagious! Even if it was I highly doubt she’ll be rubbing the tissue wrapping paper all over her eyes before packing the item 🙄🙄
I’m sure your a fantastic nurse. I’m here just commenting on what Carys shows/does says and then offering an opinion. Please try not to take what I write personally. She shares too much and doesn’t even take on board the tips her adoring fans send to her to mitigate the flair ups. Oh poor me I’m working so hard to pack orders when my eye is playing up.

I didn’t say she was gonna rub her eyes with the wrapping. I said it’s not like she not gonna not touch her eyes (with her hands) and then handle products. So whatever medication/irritants in her eye will go in the box. From a business owner’s standpoint, I think it’s unprofessional to be advertising health issues at the same time as doing business, unless the product is to do with the condition. As a consumer, ignorance sometimes is bliss - when I get things delivered I don’t get a post from the company that the person who packed my order had diarrhoea - it’s just not relevant. I wouldn’t have want what’s on my hands to be transferred to someone else. I can’t help my eczema and I have every understanding friends and family, but I sure can mitigate the skin and cream that spreads around from me at home and outside the home. But that’s just me 🤷🏽‍♀️

Last edited:
Nothing boosts sales like going radio silent the day after launch. Surely as a lot of the country have just been paid she'd be sensible to be trying to promote tit right now ...

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Do they have an address on the website?

I know basic selling regulations require a clear visible business address and wondered if they would be using the “warehouse” address?

Have they even read the uk selling regulations and consumer law? Do they realise people can even just change their mind on an order.

dunno why i’m shocked at how unprofessional everything is, also the fact that 2 other influencers have produced far better promo reels / displays using their products is ridiculous.

Reactions: 17
Laurahome making her ‘ad’ text on her latest reel about WH tiny to try and hide it. Deserves a form fill to the ASA.

Laurahome making her ‘ad’ text on her latest reel about WH tiny to try and hide it. Deserves a form fill to the ASA.
Because shes bleeping ashamed 😂

I think it's the 'Big Yellow' but, there are numerous other self storage units in Cardiff. They aren't breaking any laws by running a small business from a self storage but, if they have employees working in the unit, then that's illegal
It’s definitely big yellow as you can see the yellow in the background but not sure which one. Tbf I think you could contact the chain in general and they would take notice because they are breaking rules.

Quite frankly it’s kinda disgusting to think she’s gonna pack all the orders ‘herself’ with nice stickers and tissue paper - her words - and then send them out to people. I know it’s a flare up and she can’t help if, and eczema isn’t contagious but she really shouldn’t be handling products in such a state. People are paying good money for this. It’s just gross. She has to leave the oversharing/friendly chat part of herself behind if she wants to be taken seriously as a business owner. I said what I said.
What the actual?! You’ve said yourself it’s not contagious, so what exactly is gross about it? I don’t understand what your issue is with her eczema here?

Oh man I don’t even know where to begin with your comments. I don’t know what you think is going to happen from Carys having eczema on her eye, but from someone who has eczema herself, I’d certainly expect you to be less ignorant about it

I’m judging you for calling it a ‘warehouse’ 😂

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.