James and Carys #13 Interaction, Amber & Mummy. Put clothes on Carys, bored of tummy

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
yeah that's my opinion on them really. I don't want to use them but don't care if other people do (my mum has had 6 kids and we all used jumperoos/walkers, you name it). My original comment was the fact that they were adamant they only used products like the sleepyhead things as recommended and to the guidelines, yet have a jumperoo with cushions under (presumably because they are using it early and amber is too short), and using sit me up chairs that aren't recommended until baby can sit unaided first themselves, putting amber forward facing in the carrier early.

Wasn't hate for her using these products, more just to the fact she's using them incorrectly when previously would be passive aggressive that they follow the guidelines and wouldn't use a product in the wrong way🤣

also saying my baby isn't at that stage yet, when my baby is older than Carys' and she's using these products is bleeping funny to me 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 bang on about mum shaming but some of you get so arsy when you think you're being "shamed" and make accusations that I must have a perfect baby that will just lay wherever and she must not be at the moves around stage etc, when she is far from that. I guess if I told you she's been rolling since 3 months and trying to crawl and pull herself up at 5 months would just be me bragging though🙄😴 some people get so touchy about things on here sometimes
At the end of the day this is a gossip thread about Carys to discuss what she does, so I completely get your point about her saying she only uses products to the guidelines even though she doesn’t - I completely get that and I agree with you! But I think your comment could have ended there, and I think other people take offence/feel mum shamed when you then started to project your opinion about those things onto everyone else, and the language you used, for example saying you think they should only be used if a parent “needs” to do something (heaven forbid you put a baby in one for their own entertainment), or using the word ‘dump’ (implies anyone who has used one just shoved their baby in it and left them/doesn’t bother to parent properly). I don’t want to go on and on about it just wanted to explain why your post may have offended some people :)

Reactions: 6
She Put on that she tried to change the colour of her picture to match but I’m 100% it’s because she’s photo shopped her now pic

If people get offended on a gossip site by stranger's opinions on the Internet, then maybe Tattle isn't for you. ✌💋

• Heart
Reactions: 26
swear majority of the people that complain it turns to mumsnet are the ones that derail it the most claiming there's mumshaming. I'm not here crying at everyone calling Carys fat/overweight/massive and unhealthy whilst being overweight, fat and a size 14 myself. you're on a gossip site, people will have varying opinions, raising babies has varying opinions and routes, but for some reason it's mumshaming to think a product is a bit pointless (in my personal opinion, if I'm allowed one of those in this thread😬🤪 I know others will have opposite opinions). as I've said my original point was pointing out the hypocrisy of them saying they follow guidelines and then really not following the guidelines. I don't care that she's using the products, most of the time I see babies loving them and having fun (I apologise if words such as plonk offended, that's just my go to dialect and way I articulate, sorry🙈). There's a vast difference between saying that I don't see the point of a product and wouldn't use one myself, to "ew, Carys is using a jumperoo, what a tit mum". If someone said that I could see why there would be a tirade of accusations they are a mum shamer. cba with this anymore now as people seem to only read the part they don't agree with and nothing else🙃🤣

this thread is the most up and down on here that I've read. sometimes it's okay to say things, the next day it's not 🙃

• Heart
Reactions: 9
This tit pisses me off

'not an ad'
Literally in the next story 'all gifted'

Like I know technically there's a difference between an ad and a gift but let's be honest you wouldn't of gone and bought all that tack if you had to out your hand in your pocket
literally. they might not have asked you to do an ad on your stories, but she knows she will get gifted more stuff if she does🤣. Do we think we will ever see Carys story about a product she has actually paid for, and hasn't been asked to promote🤔

Reactions: 14
swear majority of the people that complain it turns to mumsnet are the ones that derail it the most claiming there's mumshaming. I'm not here crying at everyone calling Carys fat/overweight/massive and unhealthy whilst being overweight, fat and a size 14 myself. you're on a gossip site, people will have varying opinions, raising babies has varying opinions and routes, but for some reason it's mumshaming to think a product is a bit pointless (in my personal opinion, if I'm allowed one of those in this thread😬🤪 I know others will have opposite opinions). as I've said my original point was pointing out the hypocrisy of them saying they follow guidelines and then really not following the guidelines. I don't care that she's using the products, most of the time I see babies loving them and having fun (I apologise if words such as plonk offended, that's just my go to dialect and way I articulate, sorry🙈). There's a vast difference between saying that I don't see the point of a product and wouldn't use one myself, to "ew, Carys is using a jumperoo, what a tit mum". If someone said that I could see why there would be a tirade of accusations they are a mum shamer. cba with this anymore now as people seem to only read the part they don't agree with and nothing else🙃🤣

this thread is the most up and down on here that I've read. sometimes it's okay to say things, the next day it's not 🙃
The lady doth protest too much methinks 🤪

• Haha
Reactions: 5
6C624294-642A-4A9C-B9F8-48C07D757B0D.jpeg

Poor Amber always looks so alarmed in pictures and stories with Carys. The Season’s scenery and Amber being born are the only difference. Size 12 😂 I’m sorry, but Carys you still look 20 weeks 🤷🏼‍♀️

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 17
Somewhere in an Alternate Universe, there's a James & Carys Thread on Mumsnet that's 100x more interesting than this one 🤦🏼‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 26
View attachment 721861
Poor Amber always looks so alarmed in pictures and stories with Carys. The Season’s scenery and Amber being born are the only difference. Size 12 😂 I’m sorry, but Carys you still look 20 weeks 🤷🏼‍♀️
ooo, watch out, you'll be the next mum shamer 🤣 I agree though, she looks pretty much the same, if not a bit bigger but could be angles

Reactions: 5

I for one was not offended by anything you said, genuinely couldn’t give two fucks whether you judge me for using an iPad, jumperoo, baby seat or whatever else, I’m not a remotely precious parent. I was merely pointing out that when our babies aren’t even crawling yet sometimes we make grand statements about things we will never do and further down the line that can change 🤷🏻‍♀️ but apologies, clearly you are more clued up than I am.

Anyway as Carys would say, you do you and all that, I won’t derail this thread anymore 🙄

Reactions: 4
This is where we talk about the knob head things Carys does - we have A LOT to choose from 😂 Let’s not turn on each other.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I for one was not offended by anything you said, genuinely couldn’t give two fucks whether you judge me for using an iPad, jumperoo, baby seat or whatever else, I’m not a remotely precious parent. I was merely pointing out that when our babies aren’t even crawling yet sometimes we make grand statements about things we will never do and further down the line that can change 🤷🏻‍♀️ but apologies, clearly you are more clued up than I am.

Anyway as Carys would say, you do you and all that, I won’t derail this thread anymore 🙄
I'll admit I got a bit pissy about it, but only because I couldn't see how I was mum shaming (and I'm having a bad day so probably added to my attitude🤣). I couldn't care less how people parent, makes no difference to my life, I was just pointing out her hypocrisy at following guidelines, then agreed with another poster at not seeing the point/wanting to use one myself. I apologise to anyone offended. while I don't want to use a jumperoo, I have considered it for many reasons mentioned by others, but decided not to. Like i said, my mum used them and we are all fine. So sorry if people thought I was saying jumperoo = tit mum because that's not what I meant at all. I might be a FTM but I'm not clueless about things, and I won't be changing my mind when she crawls as she's almost there anyway. I might change my mind if we have a second child though, so you never know 🤣🤣

We can just agree to have differing opinions and leave it there. Sorry if anyone did get offended 😩

Long time lurker, first time poster, anyone else noticed the 'body positive' post was deleted? 👀

• Wow
Reactions: 8
Ouch - someone wrote in the comments they thought Carys was announcing baby number two with that picture in the leggings holding Amber.
What an indirect way of saying she still looks as she did when pregnant 😳 she will be FUMING

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 37
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.