James and Carys #13 Interaction, Amber & Mummy. Put clothes on Carys, bored of tummy

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think she is secretly trying to lose weight very quickly to get some sort if big deal with fitness it's so obvious

Reactions: 13
I agree. I'm home alone during the day for usually around 10 hours, sometimes more if partner is away on site in a different city, and we don't own a baby seat or jumperoo. I honestly don't see the need for them developmentally, so feel like they are a waste of money (especially with how expensive they are), but I can understand people using them if they desperately need to get something done. I've had family members moan that I've not bought her a jumperoo, and while she might enjoy it, she has enough toys, and just wants to be on the move. She's been rolling for ages, and trying to crawl around now, so why would I dump her in something that will hold her upright and in place 🤣🤣
In fairness, once your baby is properly mobile it can be a welcome break being able to contain them for short periods of time. I insisted I would never get one but was then given one for my youngest and used to stick him in it while we ate dinner!

Guarantee once Amber is crawling and walking, she will be in it way more than advised. You need eyes in the back of your head with toddlers and Carys will be too busy rearranging eucalyptus to notice

• Haha
I hate them shorts.
I feel more familiar with her vajayjay area than I do my own at this point

• Haha
Reactions: 15
I hate them shorts.
I feel more familiar with her vajayjay area than I do my own at this point
😂😂😂
Don’t get me wrong, if I’m just chilling round the house with my kids or doing cleaning/ironing etc I live in a scruffy T-shirt and cycling shorts. Comfort level is through the rough when you’re chasing after kids and it doesn’t matter if i get snot/food/milk/poo on them! But I wouldn’t even walk the dog in them 😂 as soon as I need to leave the house I change, even if it’s into a pair of leggings and a longer length too - they just don’t feel acceptable to wear outside for a size 14 like me and Carys 😜 I’ve got a size 8 friend who looks amazing in them and wears them everywhere. I dislike her 🙄

• Haha
  • Sad
Sooo much low key mumshaming going on here. Good for you if you had a baby that was perfectly happy not being upright but if you have a reflux baby sometimes you need something else to entertain them where they can be upright. Or an easily entertained baby that would just lay on a mat or whatever some babies are mega demanding and you have to find other ways to entertain them when you need to cook dinner/go for a poo/ scream into the abyss 🤷🏼‍♀️🤷🏼‍♀️

Reactions: 12
Man these posts of hers are really making me dislike her. If it’s true, then you lied to me over and over as a fan who watched your old videos where you said you didn’t restrict, you enjoyed treats, the gym was your therapy, etc. I have no trust in her anymore. That’s great if you do love your body now more than ever, even if I doubt it like many here do, but then you were presenting such a lie to your viewers before who got you to where you are now.
Ive thought this as well. And to the people who bought her fitness guides and aspired to be and look like her. If she was happy having people aspire to be like her and buy into her when she knew wasn’t as healthy as she was claiming to be to her following and customers back then that’s shocking and nothing to be praised about now. It just comes across now as she was quite happy portraying a certain image when it was building her social media following, her brand and her bank balance.

Unless of course she’s just talking utter BS to try and justify and validate her body now by practically demonising her “old” body.

Reactions: 17
I follow some actual body positive women / models and they don’t even post that tit so often. The way she goes on about image and body size so much is actually having the opposite effect it feels like it’s all that matters since it’s all she talks about which isn’t actually what body positivity is all about but yes it does get the likes and the shared but Jesus Christ it’s all the time with her.

And distant from friends? I don’t agree but she acts like all this is pregnancy she forgets she couldn’t even do her wedding dress up that she wanted to wear for their anniversary so she was packing on the pounds way before amber

Reactions: 19
Sooo much low key mumshaming going on here. Good for you if you had a baby that was perfectly happy not being upright but if you have a reflux baby sometimes you need something else to entertain them where they can be upright. Or an easily entertained baby that would just lay on a mat or whatever some babies are mega demanding and you have to find other ways to entertain them when you need to cook dinner/go for a poo/ scream into the abyss 🤷🏼‍♀️🤷🏼‍♀️
Yes and also easy to say if your baby is still in that cute phase where they don’t trash your house 73847480 times a day 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Yes and also easy to say if your baby is still in that cute phase where they don’t trash your house 73847480 times a day 😂
surely when my kid is at the age to trash my house, she will be too big for a jumperoo and baby seat 🙃. like I said, I can understand people using them if they are solo parenting for the day while partner is at work as it is quite hard to get things done, no shame in that as long as not overused. It's my preference to not use things that will just hold my baby in place, and there have been times where I've considered buying a jumperoo but haven't for development reasons and the ridiculous price🤣. my baby is not "perfect", she has had spells of reflux, going through sleep regression like crazy, she wants to be moving around but gets so upset that she can't so cries when she's trying, so I don't have a child that will just happily lay on her back. I have to try entertain her while I cook etc if she's not happy playing on her mat with toys. I just don't want to use those types of products, but I can understand why some have to at times.

to bring it back to Carys, amber is an angel child though, and her husband is at home all day so she surely has no need to put amber in a jumperoo/seat to get things done 🤣 I don't see how saying I don't see the need for such items is mum shaming tbh though🙄

• Heart
Reactions: 9
surely when my kid is at the age to trash my house, she will be too big for a jumperoo and baby seat 🙃. like I said, I can understand people using them if they are solo parenting for the day while partner is at work as it is quite hard to get things done, no shame in that as long as not overused. It's my preference to not use things that will just hold my baby in place, and there have been times where I've considered buying a jumperoo but haven't for development reasons and the ridiculous price🤣. my baby is not "perfect", she has had spells of reflux, going through sleep regression like crazy, she wants to be moving around but gets so upset that she can't so cries when she's trying, so I don't have a child that will just happily lay on her back. I have to try entertain her while I cook etc if she's not happy playing on her mat with toys. I just don't want to use those types of products, but I can understand why some have to at times.

to bring it back to Carys, amber is an angel child though, and her husband is at home all day so she surely has no need to put amber in a jumperoo/seat to get things done 🤣 I don't see how saying I don't see the need for such items is mum shaming tbh though🙄
Exactly this!! We even stated understandable if solo parenting these influencers have a very different life to us “normal” people they have the most time, more money, constant help yet so many of them seem the laziest! and want to dump children in things to confine them as if they are an inconvenience some influencer children only get interacted with for content. I’m no perfect parent mine has a tablet when I need to do some house work but if my husband was home she would be interacting and playing with him I can’t imagine two parents at home and just leaving a baby to it but each to their own!

• Heart
Reactions: 7
re: Plus Sized Instagrammers that keep it real....

Live It Like Lauren is a good one for accepting your body after a change in size and shape, being genuine and honest about it. She lost a lot of weight a few years ago, had a tummy tuck and had her channel called Lose It Like Lauren. But in the last few years she's gained some weight, but has been open and honest and has re-branded herself as Live It Like Lauren. But she makes her content a lot more inclusive, and honest.

Reactions: 1

Well, not necessarily, when they are crawling they can make a lot of mess! I just don’t see why you’d only think it acceptable for someone to use something like a jumperoo if they are solo parenting, as parents we don’t have to be martyrs, we are allowed a break now and again! Fair enough if you don’t want to use one, I just think it’s a little silly when new parents state they will never use a certain product when your baby is still very very little and not even at that stage yet 🤷🏻‍♀️ come back to me in a few months or years, you may find your views change on certain things you judged other parents for before 🙃

Reactions: 16
yeah right from being a newborn my daughter was only happy being upright and bouncing but would get so annoyed being against someones body as she couldn’t look around so as soon as she was strong enough (around 3 months) she went in the jumperoo/ walkers and she LOVED it. also she was walking by herself at 8 months so all the ‘it stunts their development’ is a load of rubbish 😂 people should just do their own thing, every baby is different 🤷🏻‍♀️ By no means am I a fan of Carys though, she spends more time thinking about her appearance than she does about her own daughter 🙄

Reactions: 14
Well, not necessarily, when they are crawling they can make a lot of mess! I just don’t see why you’d only think it acceptable for someone to use something like a jumperoo if they are solo parenting, as parents we don’t have to be martyrs, we are allowed a break now and again! Fair enough if you don’t want to use one, I just think it’s a little silly when new parents state they will never use a certain product when your baby is still very very little and not even at that stage yet 🤷🏻‍♀️ come back to me in a few months or years, you may find your views change on certain things you judged other parents for before 🙃
I have to agree. There’s a lot of things other parents do that I’d never do with my kids but I just don’t do them, I don’t feel the need to criticise other parents for doing those things.

If you don’t agree with jumparoos/Seats then that’s fine don’t use one but also just don’t comment on other mums using them either 😂😂😂😂

I have to agree. There’s a lot of things other parents do that I’d never do with my kids but I just don’t do them, I don’t feel the need to criticise other parents for doing those things.

If you don’t agree with jumparoos/Seats then that’s fine don’t use one but also just don’t comment on other mums using them either 😂😂😂😂
yeah that's my opinion on them really. I don't want to use them but don't care if other people do (my mum has had 6 kids and we all used jumperoos/walkers, you name it). My original comment was the fact that they were adamant they only used products like the sleepyhead things as recommended and to the guidelines, yet have a jumperoo with cushions under (presumably because they are using it early and amber is too short), and using sit me up chairs that aren't recommended until baby can sit unaided first themselves, putting amber forward facing in the carrier early.

Wasn't hate for her using these products, more just to the fact she's using them incorrectly when previously would be passive aggressive that they follow the guidelines and wouldn't use a product in the wrong way🤣

also saying my baby isn't at that stage yet, when my baby is older than Carys' and she's using these products is bleeping funny to me 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 bang on about mum shaming but some of you get so arsy when you think you're being "shamed" and make accusations that I must have a perfect baby that will just lay wherever and she must not be at the moves around stage etc, when she is far from that. I guess if I told you she's been rolling since 3 months and trying to crawl and pull herself up at 5 months would just be me bragging though🙄😴 some people get so touchy about things on here sometimes

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
yeah that's my opinion on them really. I don't want to use them but don't care if other people do (my mum has had 6 kids and we all used jumperoos/walkers, you name it). My original comment was the fact that they were adamant they only used products like the sleepyhead things as recommended and to the guidelines, yet have a jumperoo with cushions under (presumably because they are using it early and amber is too short), and using sit me up chairs that aren't recommended until baby can sit unaided first themselves, putting amber forward facing in the carrier early.

Wasn't hate for her using these products, more just to the fact she's using them incorrectly when previously would be passive aggressive that they follow the guidelines and wouldn't use a product in the wrong way🤣

also saying my baby isn't at that stage yet, when my baby is older than Carys' and she's using these products is bleeping funny to me 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 bang on about mum shaming but some of you get so arsy when you think you're being "shamed" and make accusations that I must have a perfect baby that will just lay wherever and she must not be at the moves around stage etc, when she is far from that. I guess if I told you she's been rolling since 3 months and trying to crawl and pull herself up at 5 months would just be me bragging though🙄😴 some people get so touchy about things on here sometimes
In the nicest possible way I don’t think anyone here really cares what your baby is doing (I don’t mean that in an arsey way, btw), and I’m not a remotely touchy parent, I’ve just been a parent for a few years now and know how things can change and for all the things to judge Carys for, the occasional use of a jumperoo or forward-facing carrier isn’t something I can get worked up about.

Hope Carys does something interesting soon so her thread can stop being Mumsnet 2.0 😬🤪

Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.