Jacob The Carpetbagger

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I was kinda shocked by how out of touch he was with his divorce proceedings, so basically letting his ex take care of all the details.

Summary: divorce is final. Ex is moving out of their shared home when daughter goes off to college and is getting her own home. Jacob and girlfriend will move back in to their marital home in Carolinas. Rochester NY not conducive to travel vlogging. Girlfriend will stay home while Jacob carpetbags, visiting him on the road sometimes. Shorter trips.
Sounds like a weird dynamic, living in the same small town with your girlfriend and ex wife.

Today Jacob bought some candy in New York and then crossed the border into Canada to buy some similar candy to compare it. We are treated to lots more eating on camera and disgusting poor-mannered open-mouthed chewing. He even puts the toy capsules from the candies in his mouth and repeatedly spits them out.

I was hoping for at least a little explanation of the various laws. Why is the Australian Yowie candy he found, which contains a toy fully enclosed within chocolate, legal to sell in America but the very similar Kinder Surprise not? No answers here. Researching that is too much work for a simple vlogger. He'd rather just eat candy in his car and babble to the camera.

If you're interested in someone who explains the law without stuffing his face in the process, check out LegalEagle. Still no details on the legality of Jacob's NY Yowie, but it's still a pretty fun watch.

• Haha
Reactions: 2
The new clout chasing girlfriend is super annoying and she’s been in his last two videos. She giggles. She cackles. She talks over him. She dramatically falls on the ground and spills her Easter basket. I actually enjoy some of Jacob’s content but won’t be watching if she’s part of the channel now.

Reactions: 6
witch boy just released a vlog where he spends 48 minutes sitting in his car whining about all the haters. I got through maybe 8 minutes and was done with his moaning and complaining.

• Sick
Reactions: 3
witch boy just released a vlog where he spends 48 minutes sitting in his car whining about all the haters. I got through maybe 8 minutes and was done with his moaning and complaining.
I haven’t watched him in a couple of weeks since the girlfriend joined him on the road.

Reactions: 1

It seems he learned the hard way that being a celebrity isn't always as glamorous as it seems. Just being well-known and recognized will bring with it some adulation but also detractors as well. He talked about how he handled the criticism and how his method of engaging was fruitless or even exacerbated the issue (Some online trolls just want to see that negative reaction out of their targets) and how he eventually changed his tactic to ignoring them.

Either end of the stan/troll spectrum can become toxic, and it's wise to be incredibly diligent with regard to the personal information that you make public. He has made available his full real name, talked about the town he lives in, mentioned family member names, shown the car he drives, and given away more personally identifiable information that could be used for nefarious purposes. That certainly doesn't excuse people sending threatening letters to him and his family or calling and harassing his place of work, but his making that information available made it much easier to do so. I totally understand, for example, his daughter's decision to stop appearing in videos. It's not that she's bored of Ripley's -- it's that she's aware of the weirdos that are out there and wants to minimize her exposure to them.

Anyone who wants to get into a creative field should understand that no everyone will like what you do, and those who don't can range from annoying to downright dangerous.

It's a numbers game really. Even if only 1% of people know about you, that's still millions of people.
Even if you're so well-loved that 99% of people who've heard of you really like you, that still leaves thousands who don't.
And of that fraction who doesn't like you, even if only 1% are crazy enough (a BIG underestimate considering a Google search told me that 1 in 5 Americans will experience a mental health issue in a given year) to do something like stalking or harassment, that works out to hundreds of people.
That kind of math makes me want to double check all the privacy settings on my social media accounts and to reaffirm my decision to never pursue becoming famous.

Exactly! If you have decided to take the leap into being a full time YouTuber then you are going to have to deal with the consequences. If one decides to go that route it would probably be in their best interest to keep the actual content at the forefront and not divulge any personal information or at least keep it to a minimum.

• Haha
I watched the video (rolling my eyes throughout most). This guy is truly his own worst enemy.

• Haha
Dealing with Harassment, Trolling, Stalking and Negativity on Youtube

I rubbed my thumb and index finger to play the world's smallest pity violin as Jacob poured his heart out about his bullied past. Of course, this is nothing new for him. His harassment saga was all over Reddit way back when, and that's how he garnered lots of sympathy subs back in the day. Yeah, I think he went a little overboard in the sharing department on his channel overall, and he should have learned the lesson earlier about ignoring trolls.

28.04.2023_17.16.21_REC.png

I watched this puff piece Jacob did with his "loyal" friend Boogie, where Jacob got to give his canned answers about his harassment and autism spectrum woes to Boogie's 4 million subs. Two weeks later and it only has 13K views. This kind of clout whoring and status seeking stuff is always cringy. Jacob is kind of messed up in his logic and thinking at times, for example he can't understand why people he thinks don't like him still watch him. I would venture that some people are just observers, they watch you not hate or like you, but just to study you as an entity of curiosity.

View attachment 2135118
I watched this puff piece Jacob did with his "loyal" friend Boogie, where Jacob got to give his canned answers about his harassment and autism spectrum woes to Boogie's 4 million subs. Two weeks later and it only has 13K views. This kind of clout whoring and status seeking stuff is always cringy. Jacob is kind of messed up in his logic and thinking at times, for example he can't understand why people he thinks don't like him still watch him. I would venture that some people are just observers, they watch you not hate or like you, but just to study you as an entity of curiosity.
This Boogie? I'm not sure someone with that reputation is someone I'd want to associate with, but I guess an opportunity to bleep oneself out in front of 4 million subscribers is hard to pass up.

• Haha
View attachment 2135118

Someone who has 4 Million subs should be getting at least 1Mil views per video. Not 13K give or take. 🤔

Did anybody here watch this one?

1682780427134.png

In one (maybe more) of his previous videos he mentioned that part of the terms of his divorce would have him buying out his ex-wife's stake in their shared home, so while the bubble letters are technically true, I don't imagine there's too much excitement involved in signing some papers in a bank office. I'm curious how he stretched that into a video that's longer than an episode of Law & Order, but I don't want to give him a view for it.

• Sick
Did anybody here watch this one?

View attachment 2136518

In one (maybe more) of his previous videos he mentioned that part of the terms of his divorce would have him buying out his ex-wife's stake in their shared home, so while the bubble letters are technically true, I don't imagine there's too much excitement involved in signing some papers in a bank office. I'm curious how he stretched that into a video that's longer than an episode of Law & Order, but I don't want to give him a view for it.

I actually watched about 5 minutes of it. I never got the to part about buying the house. He spent those 5 minutes talking about his bunker, ie basement.

I started watching it and I literally fell asleep. He said something about the kid is going off to college at the end of the summer so she and his ex will stay in the house until then. After that he and the new GF will move in. But the closing has taken place so it’s technically his house now. That’s when I fell asleep so I have no idea what he said after that. Probably nothing important.

In a recent video, Jacob purchased (or was gifted?) a taxidermy fur-bearing bass from an "oddities" shop. He's shown similar shops and shows before, and while they're not my jam, I always thought that they were mostly harmless. It all just seemed like a lot of stuff that was creepy and weird for the sake of being creepy and weird. I changed my mind, though, when I read this article about an "oddities" Facebook group that allegedly trafficked in human body parts that were originally donated to medical schools.

To be clear, Jacob made no mention of this particular Facebook group, and the personal collection of oddities he showed off was mostly comprised of those animal taxidermy hoax things (e.g., jackelope, fiji mermaid, the aforementioned fur-bearing bass). Still, the whole concept of such a store started to really skeeve me out after seeing that article.

Carpetbagger's brother, sister, and mom were in his latest video and they seem shockingly....normal.

Carpetbagger's brother, sister, and mom were in his latest video and they seem shockingly....normal.
I'm curious, but I just can't bring myself to watch a video with this thumbnail. There's no way I'll enjoy something like that.

1684461254903.png

I'm curious, but I just can't bring myself to watch a video with this thumbnail. There's no way I'll enjoy something like that.

View attachment 2181104
That's his brother next to him. And, yes, if you get annoyed by his screaming on rollercoasters you won't like the video. But his family is also in the first 5 minutes on the gondola ride up to the park if you just want to see them.