Jacob The Carpetbagger

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
25.05.2024_13.46.57_REC.png

Jacob the Carpetbagger, seen here imbibing an overpriced fruity cocktail at a Memphis hotel bar while doing his Mississippi road travel-vlog, is now back at the summer theme park hopping routine, so, yawn. His style of vlogging rarely seems to interact with the real world, he just stays in a glossy bubbled sphere of tourist attractions and roadside ephemera. Cairo, IL isn't a tragedy of socioeconomic catastrophes, nah, it's just another kitschy thing for subculture hipsters to make content with, and the same goes for all the poverty and ruin one encounters between the family friendly tourist hot spots, just stuff to be ignored unless it is photogenic.
31.05.2024_23.01.02_REC.png

And then after the Mississippi trip he drove from Louisiana north a 1000 miles to be in a stupid wrestling video and cover the Rockafire show at some dismal antique mall. He overdrives himself to get around to his places, and I kind of respect his work ethic and his commitment to daily uploads, but none of it leads to compelling content. He's a likable guy and I want to go along with him, but ultimately I can't follow through his 40 minute videos, especially when they cover the same old ground as his earlier videos. He also mentioned he wants Jenn as his video sidekick in future videos, that didn't seem to resonate too well before.

Reactions: 1
I will not watch any of his videos if Jenn is in them…like nails on a blackboard.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Just like his vlogging mentor Adam the Woo, Jacob prefers giving the "confused old man" expression in his video thumbnails.

Also like Adam, he puts on an incredibly smug, punchable expression when he's feeling particularly self-satisfied (top row, second from the left).

1719004046020.png

Reactions: 2