Jacob The Carpetbagger

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So latest video he explains that he is autistic and doesn't want to talk about it, but then talks about it!!

Reactions: 2
Apparently JTC is having car problems. He went live and idiots are throwing Superchats at him to help repair his car.

A59C998F-806B-4693-BC79-65F0ADF75B31.jpeg

Apparently JTC is having car problems. He went live and idiots are throwing Superchats at him to help repair his car.

View attachment 1875765
I saw his "stranded in Cleveland" video... should have know that it wouldn't be long before he'd have his hand out. Just in that one frame, I see he pulled in $174.98. That's not bad money if you have no sense of shame.

Reactions: 1
Apparently now Carpetbagger got into an accident. Did not watch the video to see how bad of an accident (nor the one about him being stranded). I can't even hate watch him. So I am relying on you guys to take one for the team to see what his car did to get him stranded and now how bad the car accident is.

Apparently now Carpetbagger got into an accident. Did not watch the video to see how bad of an accident (nor the one about him being stranded). I can't even hate watch him. So I am relying on you guys to take one for the team to see what his car did to get him stranded and now how bad the car accident is.
I had unsubscribed from his channel and taken a break from watching his videos but popped back in and caught these latest videos.

In the "stranded" video, he received a warning light on the dashboard and took his car in to a dealership in Cleveland, OH to have it checked out. He says it was a fault with the turbocharger and was given an estimate of $2700 to fix it. Luckily for him, the shop said they could fix it by the next day, so he stayed in Cleveland an extra night so it could be repaired.

He says he was rear-ended while stopped at a stop sign in the accident video in or near Columbus, OH. He shows the damage to the car (the rear liftgate opening kind of janky), but it must be towed away because a piece of the bodywork is bent and rubbing on the rear tire, rendering the car undriveable (he says that as the car was being loaded onto the flatbed trailer, his luggage all fell out of the back, so it sounds like the liftgate is in even rougher shape than it looked). He didn't give an estimate on how long it'd take to complete the repair (the sun was down in the scenes where he's talking about the accident, so it was likely late at night, and the bodyshop will provide a good assessment tomorrow), but he says he was offered a rental car. That proves problematic, though, because he's planning to continue his road trip and will have to backtrack to Columbus to retrieve his car when the repairs are complete.

If I were in his shoes, I'd scrub the idea of the road trip and fly home (Where IS "home" for him these days? Does he have his own place in one of the Carolinas? Or is he shacking up with his girlfriend in New York?), flying back to get the car when it's done. Of course, my job doesn't require me to feed the YouTube algorithm with content, so my priorities may be different than his.

I am relieved that he appears to be uninjured by the accident. I may not be the biggest fan of some of these vloggers, but I don't want to see anybody get hurt.

Reactions: 3
I had unsubscribed from his channel and taken a break from watching his videos but popped back in and caught these latest videos.

In the "stranded" video, he received a warning light on the dashboard and took his car in to a dealership in Cleveland, OH to have it checked out. He says it was a fault with the turbocharger and was given an estimate of $2700 to fix it. Luckily for him, the shop said they could fix it by the next day, so he stayed in Cleveland an extra night so it could be repaired.

He says he was rear-ended while stopped at a stop sign in the accident video in or near Columbus, OH. He shows the damage to the car (the rear liftgate opening kind of janky), but it must be towed away because a piece of the bodywork is bent and rubbing on the rear tire, rendering the car undriveable (he says that as the car was being loaded onto the flatbed trailer, his luggage all fell out of the back, so it sounds like the liftgate is in even rougher shape than it looked). He didn't give an estimate on how long it'd take to complete the repair (the sun was down in the scenes where he's talking about the accident, so it was likely late at night, and the bodyshop will provide a good assessment tomorrow), but he says he was offered a rental car. That proves problematic, though, because he's planning to continue his road trip and will have to backtrack to Columbus to retrieve his car when the repairs are complete.

If I were in his shoes, I'd scrub the idea of the road trip and fly home (Where IS "home" for him these days? Does he have his own place in one of the Carolinas? Or is he shacking up with his girlfriend in New York?), flying back to get the car when it's done. Of course, my job doesn't require me to feed the YouTube algorithm with content, so my priorities may be different than his.

I am relieved that he appears to be uninjured by the accident. I may not be the biggest fan of some of these vloggers, but I don't want to see anybody get hurt.

I might be annoyed by JTC, ATW, or The Trackers. But I don't wish ill will on them either. I am glad he is OK.

I was wondering where his home is now. If I was him, I'd be in North Carolina to be near his daughter. But you know how new love is and maybe the pull of new blood might be greater than seeing his kid (even though Anna is what? 17-18 now?, but still).

I watched his Corvette museum video because I've always been curious about that place.

On the one hand, it's refreshing that he's honest about what he knows and doesn't know. On the other hand, it's frustrating that he never seems to bother to try to learn anything by reading any of the placards at all the museums he visits.

Also, why do these vloggers love making us watch them eat so much? Want to show off your food? That's cool. Want to give a review of it after you've tried it? Fine by me. But don't record yourself shoving it in your maw and chewing with your mouth open like a wild animal.

Lastly, I find his intro catchphrase irritating. He is not "coming to you live" unless he's doing one of those Superchat cash grab bore-fests of a live show (and I don't think he even uses that catchphrase when he does those). His videos are recorded in advance -- not live. I'm sure he says it to drive up "engagement" of people commenting to say that it's not live, and that makes me hate it even more.

Also, why do these vloggers love making us watch them eat so much? Want to show off your food? That's cool. Want to give a review of it after you've tried it? Fine by me. But don't record yourself shoving it in your maw and chewing with your mouth open like a wild animal.
This is how RixFlix does his food reviews in his videos. They get it. I wish more vloggers would take notes on this. We don't need to see people shoveling food into their traps at any time. I think most who do show themselves eating are doing it for filler. I'd rather have shorter videos...lol

And Jacob is now on Cameo.
Charging $25 for a video that's no more than a minute-and-a-half long.

I'm actually surprised that more vloggers aren't using Cameo. It would be pretty lucrative for them if they have an army of fans who are thirsty for some level of connection.

Let's be generous and assume that it takes him 5 minutes to create and upload each of these low-effort 90 second videos and assume that Cameo takes half. That still works out to $150/hr. That's easy money.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
And Jacob is now on Cameo.
Charging $25 for a video that's no more than a minute-and-a-half long.

I'm actually surprised that more vloggers aren't using Cameo. It would be pretty lucrative for them if they have an army of fans who are thirsty for some level of connection.

Let's be generous and assume that it takes him 5 minutes to create and upload each of these low-effort 90 second videos and assume that Cameo takes half. That still works out to $150/hr. That's easy money.
I thought Cameo was super cringe e-begging, especially since they lampooned Rudy Giuliani for his stupid ass cameo videos. So much wheedling for dollars these days in the general economy makes me want to zipper up my wallet even tighter. I can see why Jacob wants to do it, his daily views are not pushing above 20K and his channel looks like it lost some forward momentum. Family friendly stuff is ultimately lame. Dude needs to spice up his tit and hang with meth head bikers and go to titty bars once he rolls into Las Vegas. Then he can go viral with his hilarious "Hangover" series of videos. Then, once he sobers up he can be contrite and apologize--think of the DRAMA! His fans who'd pay for a Cameo would be more than willing to forgive him for his human foibles.

• Haha
I thought Cameo was super cringe e-begging, especially since they lampooned Rudy Giuliani for his stupid ass cameo videos. So much wheedling for dollars these days in the general economy makes me want to zipper up my wallet even tighter. I can see why Jacob wants to do it, his daily views are not pushing above 20K and his channel looks like it lost some forward momentum. Family friendly stuff is ultimately lame. Dude needs to spice up his tit and hang with meth head bikers and go to titty bars once he rolls into Las Vegas. Then he can go viral with his hilarious "Hangover" series of videos. Then, once he sobers up he can be contrite and apologize--think of the DRAMA! His fans who'd pay for a Cameo would be more than willing to forgive him for his human foibles.
Cameo seems perfect for our celebrity-obsessed culture. It was everywhere a couple years ago, and I didn't even realize that the company was still around. I think it's marginally better than Patreon since people are at least getting something in return. Is that "something" of value? I guess value is relative.

At first blush, some "edgy" Carpetbagger videos might be an interesting novelty. But really I feel like I'd just cringe and worry for his safety. He, Adam the Woo, and some other chucklehead vlogger went to Tijuana once, and I remember watching the video just waiting for them to get mugged, arrested, scammed, or otherwise taken advantage of.

• Haha
Jacob had recent troubles when he couldn't get to his paid hotel room until the rainy early morning hours, and then he had to use the room in darkness during a power outage. Meh, sounds like tough luck, and upsettingly I felt a bit of sympathy for the middle aged fat schlub. Maybe it was watching him do his laundry and realizing he probably has an overall dull life that made me feel as if I were slipping into that Carpetbagger cult. I don't want to like the guy, but I kind of do. His content isn't too bad. He focuses on a lot of minutia during his travels. He turned himself into a micro celebrity and makes a living, so what's to hate about him? Vloggers like Dewmonic Abyss like to rag on Jacob, but they haven't really come through with the goods on disgracing him or cancelling him. There aren't any strikes against him either, Jacob seems to be open about whatever problems he comes across: trouble with trolls, divorce, accidents, etc... The one thing I don't like about Jacob is his failure to disclose paid promotions. Isn't that a YT rule or something? Nintendo World (he did mention he was "invited") but others like Universal and Deezer Auto he obviously was comped or discounted. Plus, I suspect he bought subscribers because view counts don't match up. Also the rashes of comment spam look like they are linked to those same subscription sellers.

I suspect he bought subscribers because view counts don't match up. Also the rashes of comment spam look like they are linked to those same subscription sellers.
I think he too. For someone who has 464K subs. He is only getting between 20-32K views. He should be getting at least 40K per vlog or even better 46K (10% of subs).

I don't believe he pays for subs. He went viral on Reddit a while back for his job forcing him to choose his job or Youtube. I think a lot of people subbed because they felt sorry for him, but never intended to actually follow or watch his channel.

YouTube subscriptions are funny. Jacob has been making videos for a long time (YouTube says his account was created way back in 2013, so he hits his 10 year anniversary this year). It's certainly possible that many of those are "stale" subs -- people who signed up long ago and are no longer interested in keeping up with his content. Personally I just recently went into my list of subscriptions and found a ton that I had forgotten about. I bet most people don't take the time to "curate" their subs to ensure that they're still things that they're interested in and want to watch.

I don't pretend to understand how the YouTube algorithm works, but I'm not sure I see the benefit of buying subscriptions but not views. In fact, I can't imagine that even buying views would be financially beneficial; there's no way that you can pay less for views than YouTube ad revenue would pay out. But I suppose there's a bigger play for building hype and trying to "go viral".

Don't get me wrong, I do appreciate how open Jacob is about his person issues. However, he rambled for 30 plus minutes just to say he's moving back to NC and Jenn is moving in with him.

Don't get me wrong, I do appreciate how open Jacob is about his person issues. However, he rambled for 30 plus minutes just to say he's moving back to NC and Jenn is moving in with him.
I was kinda shocked by how out of touch he was with his divorce proceedings, so basically letting his ex take care of all the details.

Summary: divorce is final. Ex is moving out of their shared home when daughter goes off to college and is getting her own home. Jacob and girlfriend will move back in to their marital home in Carolinas. Rochester NY not conducive to travel vlogging. Girlfriend will stay home while Jacob carpetbags, visiting him on the road sometimes. Shorter trips.