Jacob The Carpetbagger

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I just realized he loves the Laffing Sal animatronic figure so much that he's dating a girl who looks just like her.

Screenshot 2023-05-28 08.47.59.png

Screenshot 2023-05-28 08.52.20.png

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Laffin’ Jen annoys the crap out of me. When she’s in a video I immediately turn it off. She’s definitely not helping his channel.

• Wow
Reactions: 7
I'm going to give Mr Bagger some props. Watched Superenthused go to Meow Wolf in Vegas recently and her video was garbage compared to Carpetbagger's. No good sense of what the attractions is all about or what you can expect to experience while there. Her video didn't make me want to visit, but his Meow Wolf videos did.

Reactions: 2
Laffin’ Jen annoys the crap out of me. When she’s in a video I immediately turn it off. She’s definitely not helping his channel.
Agreed. I don't watch him all the the time but I don't mind Jacob too much (except for his whiny monologue videos). But my God, she is nails-on-chalkboard annoying.

Reactions: 3
Agreed. I don't watch him all the the time but I don't mind Jacob too much (except for his whiny monologue videos). But my God, she is nails-on-chalkboard annoying.
I tried to give her a chance; I really did. They clearly make each other very happy, and happy people are fun to watch, but wow, she is annoying. The constant interrupting and giggling is just obnoxious, and I, too, switch off any of his videos where she makes an appearance.

Jacob's views are never as robust as Adam the Woo or Paging Mr. Morrow, yet I get the impression that he works really hard for his content, more so than either of the first two mentioned. He also seems the most hungry hustler of the three, with merch and Patreon and Cameo, but over the last year he fell out of his fan's spotlight by apparently no longer doing live streams, at least on YouTube. He hasn't posted with the "olds" on Facebook in over a year, I don't know about IG or elsewhere. He used to pull in some shameless real cash on some of the YT live streams, especially when he went into pity mode. Maybe he's become independently wealthy or maybe he learned to dial the TMI-sharing back a notch.

The guy certainly has a recurring troll problem if someone called the FAA to narc on him about his stupid drone not having an advanced license since he's profiting from the footage. He must have done some folks some ill will to engender such prolonged harassment, or, there just rando psychos out there who get a twisted kick out of trolling people they see online. The world can be scary.

Jacob the Carpetbagger has become a drag. His fixations make his content repetitive: amusement parks, museums, haunt season, oddities. No real editing magic, no in depth analysis of what he covers, just reactions and rambling musings. (He might go into some depth about inconsequential things, but I usually flip past that part). I guess he figures he found his niche and isn't going to try to change it up. Honestly, what could he do to grow any real audience that would get him 100k min. per view?? The only thing I can think of is if he gets a knockout 18 year old girlfriend and puts her big boobied hijinks in his videos, especially on the thumbnails! It could be lots of summer time splash pool fun and her scripted witticism, his firm embrace and boob cupping as they go through the dark rides. I'm sure the shock value of "how did she end up with him" would draw curious views.

Today Jacob stayed at the old kitschy and culturally offensive Wigwam motel. Culturally appropriated roadside places and amusements were like crude tokens gathered by an expanding American empire, an empire insensitive to cultural diversity, uncaring to history and motivated only by profit. Of course the hotel was only presented as a relic of the past without much attendant knowledge of any controversy. Here's a clip from the internet:
David “Thundering Eagle” Fallis, Principal Chief of the Southern Cherokee Nation of Kentucky. Fallis once said, “Though the Southern Cherokee Nation of Kentucky would be extremely pleased for anything that brings attention to the history and ongoing plight of Native Americans everywhere, we do not welcome such things as ‘Wigwam Village.’ It is an absolute absurdity to portray Native Americans of this area as ‘wigwam’ dwellers.” Meanwhile, Helen Danser, chair of the Kentucky Native American Commission and member of the Native American Intertribal Alliance in Kentucky said “I’m not opposed to [the Wigwam Village] being there if it’s done in an appropriate manner because it would be a wonderful teaching tool.” And I agree. The follies of the past must become teaching tools for the present and the future. So I beg of you, if you do stay at one of the remaining Wigwams and want to Instagram or write about your experience, take a moment to acknowledge the issues around it. It is important to keep both the history of the first people of America alive, along with unique roadside Americana.
Then again, Jacob isn't a teacher or deep thinker in his online persona, he's more like a pratfall clown playing to an audience of derpy adults, stupid kids and geezers. He wants to keep his content at the 5th grade level and controversy free. That's fine, but a narcissist rambling about his childhood grows really old over a short time.

I wonder if he actually has a actual pair of shoes with him when he travels. But then again i don't think so. He loves those crocs, i actually wonder when was the last time he wore laced up shoes. Seems pretty lazy but then again alot of his content is lazy. I can see wearing crocs at your home, but a grown man traveling across the us in just crocs is silly.

We just watched his last 4 videos. Not one mention of his lovey gf Jen. Hmmm what’s going on?

I don't understand why someone would wanna be with someone who is on the road 300 days a year. But yeah its like she tries to hard to be likeable but it just comes off annoying.

I don't understand why someone would wanna be with someone who is on the road 300 days a year. But yeah its like she tries to hard to be likeable but it just comes off annoying.
She is supposed to be moving in with him in NC once his kid goes off to college and the ex-wife moves out. I suspect she will be vlogging full time with him. I hope he’s prepared to lose a lot of subscribers If that happens.

Reactions: 4
She is supposed to be moving in with him in NC once his kid goes off to college and the ex-wife moves out. I suspect she will be vlogging full time with him. I hope he’s prepared to lose a lot of subscribers If that happens.
Omg that would def be the end for me!

Reactions: 1
Ugh i can just see it now, when jacob does his randomly solo awkward photo ops were he poses infront of the camera. Well now we have to deal with her being in those with her cheesy smile. Making it 4 times as awkward as when jacob does it solo himself.

• Haha
I just love watching jacob ride and freak out on roller coasters. I dunno its just kind of like puts me at ease, kind of like popping bubble wrap. But yeah it makes myself and my gf laugh so hard its too funny.

Reactions: 1
I just love watching jacob ride and freak out on roller coasters. I dunno its just kind of like puts me at ease, kind of like popping bubble wrap. But yeah it makes myself and my gf laugh so hard its too funny.
I'm sure it's a bit that he does for the channel, like the way he always acts so scared in haunted attractions, and I can't decide if it's funny or annoying.

Honestly, my favorite Carpetbagger content was the eating challenges he did way back when.