Jack Monroe (bootstrapcook)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Very petty I know but her continual use of '!!!'s is seriously bleeping me off.
I like Nigella very much but why on earth does she deserve #bekind when Jamie Oliver doesn't?

Brilliant 👏 👏 👏
Jack is like the bully at school that goes after the easy target (Jamie) but wouldn't dare take on certain people (Nigella). She's a disgusting bully.

Reactions: 8
I watched some of Jamie’s recent programmes this week and think he did a fine job. Gave me quite a few ideas. A cake without eggs, and the padded out tomato sauce were just two.

Reactions: 9
I watched some of Jamie’s recent programmes this week and think he did a fine job. Gave me quite a few ideas. A cake without eggs, and the padded out tomato sauce were just two.
He's a consummate professional, the only time Jack is a professional anything is when she's playing the victim, which seems to be every minute of the day. She should be called Hack Monroe

• Haha
Reactions: 13
So is she vegan or is she not? Because she just posted about sardines on Instagram

Reactions: 2
She has been given a column in metro.co.uk starting today, she should be pleased but no, first thing she does is have a dig at Jamie Oliver for using capers in his television show, then goes on to use them herself in her 'recipe' (mashed up sardines on toast). She really comes across as spiteful and unpleasant, why is any media outlet giving her airtime?

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 25
She has been given a column in metro.co.uk starting today, she should be pleased but no, first thing she does is have a dig at Jamie Oliver for using capers in his television show, then goes on to use them herself in her 'recipe' (mashed up sardines on toast). She really comes across as spiteful and unpleasant, why is any media outlet giving her airtime?
She's beyond parody

• Haha
Reactions: 5
The padded out tomato sauce was such a good idea. I kept thinking 'well I do that already' but I don't actually - it was just so utterly sensible I thought I did (if that makes sense).

(For anyone that didn't see it he roasted any elderly veg he had lying around - peppers, onions, garlic etc even Jack's dead celery would do - then tipped in a tin of tomatoes and seasoned it and cooked for a few more minutes. Then mashed it up lightly or used a hand blender, or could just use it as it was which I will do. When cool then divide up into freezer bags for portion size and freeze, or I suppose you could use jars and put in the fridge. Add then to stews, pasta or anything really. Also did that thing of rinsing the tin with a bit of water to get every last bit and pad out the sauce further).

As you said he was just quite an inspiration. Jack's stuff just all looks vaguely depressing and food to keep you alive rather than be actually enjoyable. Sort of like my Mum would say - 'if it tastes horrible it's doing you good' (She could use that for her new book title).

Reactions: 23
Link please I must see this

So is she vegan or is she not? Because she just posted about sardines on Instagram
I think she stopped pretending to be vegan once the promotion for her vegan cook book ended.

The book from the budget poverty cook with the £5 vegan sausages😆. But if anyone steps on the huge segment of budget cooking jack considers her market there will be hell to pay (if they're an easy target).

Reactions: 10
She’s happy to drag DMG Media until they put cash in her pocket, I see.

Huh, I think she’s going to go full Munchie. We’ve already had the severe arthritis and walking stick, but the allergies are taking her into Jameela Jamil territory.

Let me know if she claims chronic fatigue syndrome, or Ehler Dankos syndrome, or POTS, or fibromyalgia, or lupus, or Lyme disease. Munchies love those 😆
She said a year or so ago she has Ehlers Danlos. It caught my eye as I have a related condition

A whole column just for this "recipe", mindblowing as usual jack 😐
  • 2 cans of sardines, in brine or oil
  • 2 tbsp capers
  • 1 tbsp oil or butter
  • 1 tsp lemon juice or vinegar
  • Plenty of black pepper
Why would you even need to add vinegar if you're using capers? I'm sure she's using the cheap ones that are in vinegar not the ones in rock salt. I do Lidl sell them. Using the jar juice should be right up jack's street! Also why butter or oil for an oily fish in oil? Remember when she said the first thing with a recipe she cuts out anything unnecessary when she "adapts" recipes to pass of as her own. Not nearly smart enough to lie as much as she does.

She's had several commissions this week, if she had any integrity she'd run as a registered charity and have trustees. But she's a money hungry fraud.

Reactions: 10
Ah wow. Although she's saying 'people laughed at Jamie for using capers but I actually like them' sort of justifying her also using them it's such a backhanded dig. "oh how we laughed at Jamie" - remember to laugh at him people! I'm much more credible please like me! Really pathetic.
Exactly. If she doesn't see that as encouraging bullying then she is a bigger twit than I thought. And she actually had the nerve to cite #be kind earlier.
Her obsession with him now is bordering on very creepy.

Reactions: 9
Ah wow. Although she's saying 'people laughed at Jamie for using capers but I actually like them' sort of justifying her also using them it's such a backhanded dig. "oh how we laughed at Jamie" - remember to laugh at him people! I'm much more credible please like me! Really pathetic.
Do the newspapers who commission her 'recipes' feel ok about her spitefully slagging off another chef/food writer (not that she could be described as either)? Can't remember any other food writer doing this, it's so unpleasant.
And have they really paid someone to write a 'column' which is no more than 'empty contents of 2 tins into a bowl, tip in some capers and oil, mash then put them on toast'? What do they imagine we have been doing with tins of sardines before being shown the light by Ms Monroe? Staring at them in horror, puzzled about how to eat them?

• Haha
Reactions: 13
All of the ‘other articles you might like’ at the bottom of her tinned fish on toast ‘recipe’ were 1,000 x more interesting - how to bake bread without yeast, how to make meringue if you don’t have eggs, how to recreate a Greggs sausage and bean melt at home. Nothing groundbreaking but practical and useful. None by Jack!

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.