Jack Monroe (bootstrapcook)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Making an eight year old buy food with their own money because it’s not vegan? And then making them handle raw meat to teach them some sort of weird lesson? bleeping hell.
Who would honestly take an 8 year old child to an abattoir? Did this actually happen? Do they do guided tours?

Reactions: 3
Who would honestly take an 8 year old child to an abattoir? Did this actually happen? Do they do guided tours?
Not to the best of my knowledge. A friend of mine is a butcher and he's been on a couple of guided abbatoir tours. With a small group of other butchers.
I don't know any abbatoir that would welcome in an 8 year old child and his nutjob mother.
For health and safety reasons alone, if nothing else.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
And when the angry vegans came for her for talking about eating meat (I mean, considering how much she banged on about veganism, she was asking for it) she blamed the switch on her failing health πŸ˜„

Ding ding ding! Bet it’s 100% self diagnosed too.
Did she say which type of ED she has? There are several different types and the problems can vary in severity.

Shappi Korsandi is another absolute dose. The fact she has the nerve to describe herself as a comedian is the funniest thing she ever said.
I agree that Jack is a bully - especially when for some unfathomable reason she appears to have Nigella, Ricky Gervais partner' Jane Fallon, and the ghastly Allsop all in her pocket. Hopefully Jamie finds it laughable and a bit tragic - but her intention is to undermine and belittle him. If a man was doing this to a woman the blue tick brigade would be up in arms.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Shappi Korsandi is another absolute dose. The fact she has the nerve to describe herself as a comedian is the funniest thing she ever said.
I agree that Jack is a bully - especially when for some unfathomable reason she appears to have Nigella, Ricky Gervais partner' Jane Fallon, and the ghastly Allsop all in her pocket. Hopefully Jamie finds it laughable and a bit tragic - but her intention is to undermine and belittle him. If a man was doing this to a woman the blue tick brigade would be up in arms.
She seems to have so many of the blue tick brigade in her pocket, very strange. Saw a tweet yesterday from Irvine Welsh extolling her virtues and insinuating that she was saving the nation with her nonsensical 'recipes' (my words not his). I can't believe that any of these people actually cook, a glance at the recipes on her blogs shows that she has no understanding of how to cook, I think it's extreme virtue signalling, look at us, we all love Jack, she's teaching the poor how to eat. So patronising.

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
She seems to have so many of the blue tick brigade in her pocket, very strange. Saw a tweet yesterday from Irvine Welsh extolling her virtues and insinuating that she was saving the nation with her nonsensical 'recipes' (my words not his). I can't believe that any of these people actually cook, a glance at the recipes on her blogs shows that she has no understanding of how to cook, I think it's extreme virtue signalling, look at us, we all love Jack, she's teaching the poor how to eat. So patronising.
Ah that's depressing. Irvine Welsh usually has a nose for bullshit but no patience for it. I'm going to guess she has a almost unquestionable get out of jail free card for a lot of people for taking down Katie Hopkins in court. I'm also going to assume most people don't see how awful she (quite ironically) is too and just think any enemy of Hopkins has to be a good person and worth supporting

• Sad
Reactions: 9
Did she say which type of ED she has? There are several different types and the problems can vary in severity.
I've just had a bit of a google and saw she was suspected hEDS, but she also mentioned fibro and RA. She's not mentioned any of these recently I don't think

Someone should tweet that to her.
It's actually quite bad cos as a director you have a number of *legal* responsibilities you have to fulfil and you can get in tit for not doing it.

I'm not au fait with the ins & outs of TV commissioning, maybe it's the wild west, but I know a lot of larger firms won't engage with sub/contractors unless they're all legit and above board and up to date on CH (& audited for larger entities, this'd be N/A for her obvs) and all the other stuff like credit worthiness & KYC type checks for other risks. I can't imagine someone that can't be fucked to file their accounts is going to bag a major prime time TV show??

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.