Jack Monroe (bootstrapcook)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don't think she even wanted the t.v. show shes just pissed off she wasn't first choice. And also probably wants an excuse to create more drama. If she genuinely wanted a show surely she would have made more effort on YT? And how can she expect to have a show if she can't leave the house as she's at risk, and also works 20 hours a day.

I think she needs to get off Twitter. She is clearly so encouraged by all the people acting like she's keeping half of the country alive and fed and has gone a bit insane on her own hype..

Reactions: 10
I don't think she even wanted the t.v. show shes just pissed off she wasn't first choice. And also probably wants an excuse to create more drama. If she genuinely wanted a show surely she would have made more effort on YT? And how can she expect to have a show if she can't leave the house as she's at risk, and also works 20 hours a day.

I think she needs to get off Twitter. She is clearly so encouraged by all the people acting like she's keeping half of the country alive and fed and has gone a bit insane on her own hype..
She wanted the oppurtunity to say
'i was first choice to present because I am the pioneer of cooking with tins, but I couldn't because i'm immunocompromised and my mental health is suffering.
Jamie has stolen my job off me and took my income.
I've lost so much income due to being immunocompromised so now I'm starving too. Please donate to my paypal.'

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 23
Just realised that the vegan banana bread from A Girl Called Jack (published 2014) that she shared on Twitter yesterday is almost exactly the same as the recipe that was posted on BBC Good Food in 2012

• Wow
Reactions: 15
Just realised that the vegan banana bread from A Girl Called Jack (published 2014) that she shared on Twitter yesterday is almost exactly the same as the recipe that was posted on BBC Good Food in 2012
You're right, they're very similar!

Reactions: 2
She wanted the oppurtunity to say
'i was first choice to present because I am the pioneer of cooking with tins, but I couldn't because i'm immunocompromised and my mental health is suffering.
Jamie has stolen my job off me and took my income.
I've lost so much income due to being immunocompromised so now I'm starving too. Please donate to my paypal.'
Surely if she really cared about the healthy eating on a budget cause she would be happy people will be getting affordable recipes whoever demonstrates them? Maybe a little privately disappointed but glad for the greater good. She's such a charlatan.

Reactions: 11
FFs, can’t you just put the hoops on some toast and be happy. Why chickpeas only everything?
I can't be the only one who bleeping hates chickpeas. Not one tin of little bastards has crossed my threshold in the entire of this pandemic :ROFLMAO:

Surely if she really cared about the healthy eating on a budget cause she would be happy people will be getting affordable recipes whoever demonstrates them? Maybe a little privately disappointed but glad for the greater good. She's such a charlatan.
I honestly believe than after she got an outpouring of sympathy after publishing 'hunger hurts' she became addicted to being a victim and the attention it got her.
So now it is the only thing that truely motivates her.
She can't do ANYTHING without it affecting her health, income or mental wellbeing.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 11
Oh I'd never checked out her instagram before. This made me laugh her going on and on about what's probably just frozen bananas and blackcurrants blended. She makes it sound as if her job as as hard as neuroscience.

Banana nicecream was a big thing 5+ years ago, it's been done to death.
View attachment 100389
Lol I had a Tots TV annual in the early 90s that had this recipe in. Must have copied.

• Haha
She's literally asking for credit and recognition for doing the bare minimum. The type of thing usually practiced by that 'mediocre e white male' stereotype. Give me a break jack, this is a time for heroes and you aren't one of them.
It’s always has to be about Jack, me, me,me...

Reactions: 5
Did she really just tell someone to use marscapone as a base for a risotto? The base for risotto is risotto rice and stock - not sure why you'd need marscapone in there

• Sick
Reactions: 14
Sabrina Ghayour is doing 3 ingredient store cupboard recipes on her Insta. Filmed on her phone, in her kitchen, completely unedited, short enough to get under the Insta time limit. Where there's a will...

Reactions: 16
I can't be the only one who bleeping hates chickpeas. Not one tin of little bastards has crossed my threshold in the entire of this pandemic :ROFLMAO:

I honestly believe than after she got an outpouring of sympathy after publishing 'hunger hurts' she became addicted to being a victim and the attention it got her.
So now it is the only thing that truely motivates her.
She can't do ANYTHING without it affecting her health, income or mental wellbeing.
The tit will really have to go down before I buy chickpeas 🤮

• Sick
  • Haha
Sharing heating a banana up and adding chocolate. Innovative, original stuff that noooobody has ever thought of doing before.

Reactions: 6
Exactly! Aren't we all in this together? She is verging on profiteering.

Don't forget the mouldy stalk of celery - that will make all the difference!

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.