Jack Monroe (bootstrapcook)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What is she trying to prove? The amount she bangs on about how long she works is so odd, and unbelievable.
No-one's holding her to ransom or forcing her to do 'blogging' and yet she still complains despite the advantages and leg-up she's had. Why doesn't she actually go out and get a proper job like the rest of us??

With an unbelievably massive ego, she's a total fame-bleep type who cant't take the digs she dishes out and loves to play the victim for attention.

Reactions: 8
That post is anxiety inducing
if she does do that amount of work and yet doesn't earn enough not ot have to beg from her fans surely she must realise maybe she is not working efficiently?

She's so in your face and aggressive, just what we don't need. I'd imagine on her own show she'd start each recipe with an anecdote like the time a pimp spat in her mouth and she got hepatitis, or other stories she's picked up from the telly.
and her "struggling" to walk around the kitchen because of her arthiritis

Reactions: 6
Does she still use said walking stick are was there a miracle cure? I mean I might leave Ireland for Southend all my hip problems could be miraculously cured.
I live in the Southend area. Can confirm it is truly miraculous here 👌😂

Reactions: 5
Is she home educating her child at all amongst this? Surely that should be her top priority by far?

Reactions: 12
Is she home educating her child at all amongst this? Surely that should be her top priority by far?
Could be the other half seeing to that but don't forget, she also has a personal assistant on her payroll 🤷‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 5
What's the story with her pronouns? Did she just quietly go back to using she?

Reactions: 6
And this from the standard that has obviously been through her agent to rewrite what she's done and blunt her vicious edges. Sure Hun cooking with basic ingredients was your idea 🤣 and television cook?

----

Anti-poverty campaigner, author and television cook Jack Monroe has told The Londoner that although she felt “hurt” by the decision by Channel 4 to use Jamie Oliver to front a new show she feels is based on her idea “the door would be open to working with them”.

Keep Cooking and Carry On, which began yesterday, is based on using store-cupboard ingredients to help people cook through the coronavirus lockdown. “I was hurt not because I think I have a right to have my own show, but because it was my niche. I’m this gobby little Essex girl who ended up on television making cheap stuff out of tins.”

Monroe rose to fame writing a blog (now called Cooking on a Bootstrap) sharing cheap recipes as a cash-strapped single mother on the poverty line. She told us: “This is my thing. I’ve been doing it for years. I’ve been sneered at and fought hard to teach people you can use long-grain rice for a cheap risotto.

“I’m so used to doing it and now it’s useful to everyone, not just food bank mums.” But she doesn’t blame Oliver and Channel 4.

“It’s not his fault. They probably just wanted a jolly, safe pair of hands. But I would have been able to help, and I would be happy to co-host. My door is open. The more of us helping out in this crisis, the better.”

She has set up a daily digital food surgery — #JackMonroesLockdownLarder — to help people make meals while inside. While many were sympathetic to Monroe online, Oliver also drew huge support for the first episode where he showed viewers how to rustle up a quick chilli with fans praising him as a “national treasure”. The Londoner would love to see these two kitchen heroes join forces.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 9
She told us: “This is my thing. I’ve been doing it for years. I’ve been sneered at and fought hard to teach people you can use long-grain rice for a cheap risotto.

This reads exactly like Sali Hughes would say, just replace long-grain rice with red lipstick :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 23
fought hard to teach people you can use long-grain rice for a cheap risotto
This is my favourite quote, of course you can use any old rice for a risotto. It just won't be as starchy and creamy 🤷‍♀️ no fighting is required.

Reactions: 18
“It’s not his fault. They probably just wanted a jolly, safe pair of hands. But I would have been able to help, and I would be happy to co-host. My door is open. The more of us helping out in this crisis, the better.”
Fair enough, how could Jamie refuse the offer to co-host? Who doesn't want to work alongside someone who encouraged a pile on towards him, refers to him as 'that man', and was slagging him for using capers yesterday.

• Haha
Reactions: 25
She told us: “This is my thing. I’ve been doing it for years. I’ve been sneered at and fought hard to teach people you can use long-grain rice for a cheap risotto.

This reads exactly like Sali Hughes would say, just replace long-grain rice with red lipstick :ROFLMAO:
Has anyone ever seen Sali Hughes and Jack Monroe in a room together at the same time?
Just asking ..... :unsure:

• Haha
Reactions: 24
She's so in your face and aggressive, just what we don't need. I'd imagine on her own show she'd start each recipe with an anecdote like the time a pimp spat in her mouth and she got hepatitis, or other stories she's picked up from the telly.
If she's claiming to be crippled with arthritis and needs a stick...
Seems odd that on International Women's Day she shared a photo of her public speaking, giving a speech stood on tiptoes throughout. Boasted that she has done it this way for years as can do it for 12 minutes... Strange that 🤔
Good liars need good memories and she constantly forgets the lies she's told so contradicts herself all the time.

Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.