Jack Monroe (bootstrapcook)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ve always had my doubts about this woman’s back story......the poverty and food bank use, sexual violence survivor, ex sex worker, self harm, eating disorders, bullied, trans for a bit, alcoholism......

I remember quite a few years ago when I followed her, she was asking for advice after spilling something on her Mulberry handbag and then the next minute she’s crying poverty again. Oh and only buys shoes from Russell & Bromley because their shoes are the only ones that fit.

And another tale that made me 🙄 apparently passed the all the selection tests including fitness to become a firefighter. Despite being a premature baby and having Asthma and the endless other ailments.

All very odd yet the blue tickers lap her up

Reactions: 25
Oh god she’s being such a bleep about it I’m sure Jamie now wants nothing to do with her

Reactions: 9
Oh god she’s being such a bleep about it I’m sure Jamie now wants nothing to do with her
The show hasn't even been on her for her to know what is and isn't on it? As yet, we have no idea if it infringes on her brand / her recipes / anything else she has a claim to. It's like when people protest against films or TV shows they haven't seen but have heard will offend them. So much outrage before anyone knows what the deal is.

The show hasn't even been on her for her to know what is and isn't on it? As yet, we have no idea if it infringes on her brand / her recipes / anything else she has a claim to. It's like when people protest against films or TV shows they haven't seen but have heard will offend them. So much outrage before anyone knows what the deal is.
She’s getting to be quite tiresome now.

Reactions: 4
Just watched a few of her YouTube videos. Yep, I can see exactly why JO got the show.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I’ve always had my doubts about this woman’s back story......the poverty and food bank use, sexual violence survivor, ex sex worker, self harm, eating disorders, bullied, trans for a bit, alcoholism......

I remember quite a few years ago when I followed her, she was asking for advice after spilling something on her Mulberry handbag and then the next minute she’s crying poverty again. Oh and only buys shoes from Russell & Bromley because their shoes are the only ones that fit.

And another tale that made me 🙄 apparently passed the all the selection tests including fitness to become a firefighter. Despite being a premature baby and having Asthma and the endless other ailments.

Also the annual bottle of Penhaligon’s she always buys herself. Oh except for just two years. Unbelievable.

Attachments

• Wow
Reactions: 10
The kind of blue tickers that find it revolutionary that lentils, spices and veg make a meal for 40p🤷‍♀️ and credit jack for inventing that.😆

She's not the Messiah..

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
Also the annual bottle of Penhaligon’s she always buys herself. Oh except for just two years. Unbelievable.
In my experience, once you’ve been seriously hard up, you’re forever cautious with money. I earn enough now but after being seriously skint and only just getting by, I would never fritter money away on an expensive bottle of perfume. I know we all need treats from time to time but I view money very differently. Been so close to the edge has left me with a fear of being in the situation of not having enough.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I would absolutely love it if he is ever asked about Jack, Jamie Oliver would look genuinely puzzled and say 'who'?

• Haha
She seems to be behaving rather manically? As in the clinical sense? It's a lot. I'd be worried about her if I was her partner.

Always looking for a fight and to kick up a stink ... it’s not classy is it ?
81 recipes? Why not have about 12 decent ones? Would she not do this stuff as a public service rather than the pathetic one sided competition she has going with Jamie?
As I said I seriously hope he hasn't got a clue who she is.
Her craving and fishing for adoration and approval and pity is a bit sad isn't it? Most of us grow out of that as a teenager.

Always looking for a fight and to kick up a stink ... it’s not classy is it ?
What a saddo.

81 recipes? Why not have about 12 decent ones? Would she not do this stuff as a public service rather than the pathetic one sided competition she has going with Jamie?
As I said I seriously hope he hasn't got a clue who she is.
Her craving and fishing for adoration and approval and pity is a bit sad isn't it? Most of us grow out of that as a teenager.
In reality she doesn't give a rats ass about the public service side of things, it's a pathetic points scoring exercise against an industry heavyweight and an opportunity to get more donations on PayPal and Patreon

Last edited:
Jack is just proving why no one should ever use her for a project. When you have a TV show commissioned it's easily 20-30 people involved in the project and a volatile twit like her could cost everyone their job.

I bet she's ecstatic that Boris Johnson addressing the nation clashes with the first episode of Jamie's show.

• Angry
Reactions: 17
I'm watching That Man now. He's undeniably a bit of a twit but an extremely soothing, confident twit. Just watching a calm, reassuring man make pasta is what I need right now.

Also, he's just making food with stuff you probably do have but not that necessarily cost 50p to make.

Reactions: 21
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.