Jack Monroe #99 Great Eggspectations

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I hate it's okay not to be okay. Yes, we all have difficult feelings (not feels, Jack you bleep - further proof that she only exists on the internet), but we really shouldn't indulge them and spend all day unwashed and in bed.

Anyone who's suffered depression knows it can be a vicious circle: you don't want to do anything, so you don't do the things that normally make you feel better, and you feel worse.

Looking after your mental health doesn't mean going "I feel like tit, and that's okay! No more showers for me!" It means going "I feel like tit, I don't like feeling like tit, how can I stop feeling like tit? Maybe eat a depressipe?"

duck off Jack.
Yeah, it's definitely really *not* okay not to be okay, it's bleeping tit. You've described that so well! Also, just imagine turning to one of Jack's recipes as first port of call 😕

Talking of 'not okay' (albeit in an entirely different sense) do any tech savvy Frauen know how long on average it would take to Photoshop a picture like Jack does? I'd be absolutely fascinated to know how much time out of her 90 hour weeks she spends doing that, but I've never opened Photoshop in my life and I'm entirely clueless.

• Heart
Reactions: 44
the tldr is something along the lines of

- she had a surprisingly drama free Halloween/full moon

- she's resurrected #letdownlarder. the top answer is still "bung it in a curry"

- the portrait in the attic is aging terribly what with all the filters

- she stood on her dining room table to photograph her asda shop

- continues to send out contradictory messages re lockdown

- had The Fam for dinner. misty-eyed that she may not see daddy wearing his medals for the queens speech on xmas day

- is starting to tick stuff off my List

£15 a week lunches
£20 shops as a whole
35 recipes from a £20 shop, pick your fave
advent calendar
aged chicken thigh bone stock
BLM video monetization donation
Camp Kitchen from the shed
chicken livers
Christmas recipes for some reason
comic filter security
David Walliams book reviews
dauphinoise pie apparently
depressipes
detailed blog on nutrition
devilled eggs recipe - completed it, mate
gailymail
handing over her platform to poc
healthy on a bootstrap
history of York road market
kombucha whisky
lever arch files of fan mail
links to small businesses
lockdown larder
militant boiled eggs
onion chopping song
ouchy mouth recipes
patreon update
pistachio milk
postcards, postcards, postcards
poverty memoir
puttanesca soup
recipes for small people
red ephemera soup recipe
running around in heels with a Tall Man
sausage and kale slop
Secret Ingredient
setting her teenage musings to music
shopping trolley
sideboard photos
sleep hygiene routine
some kind of timetable for SB in lockdown
super secret shopping trip hack
supper nanny
thrifty shades of beige
tomato soup water content
translation of a Greek Cypriot cookbook
vegan crackling

/SPOILER]
Current state of the portrait in the attic.....
1FFAFF54-8D08-4C1D-92C8-88279EC10E29.jpeg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 41
Can’t be arsed writing words, you lot can do the round up

Thread title by shirker @Pocahontas probably wasn’t meant to be one so soz

😂🤣 tattle via the medium of mine fab!

i wanted to comment on the previous thread but it’s closed! 😁

what’s a gong bath?

my only disappointment is @Alansbigplate hasnt mackified the lounging sloth ☹

new collaborative cookbook from a mental health charity - guess who hasn't been invited to contribute...
Why would they ask her? She can’t cook and with regard mental health she is-no help in that department at all, as she is so triggering.
but she does provide us with lots of content to amuse ourselves so I guess she does provide some sort of service 🤔

Last edited:
Reactions: 19
😂🤣 tattle via the medium of mine fab!

i wanted to comment on the previous thread but it’s closed! 😁

what’s a gong bath?

my only disappointment is @Alansbigplate hasnt mackified the lounging sloth ☹

Why would they ask her? She can’t cook and with regard mental health she is-no help in that department at all, as she is so triggering.
but she does provide us with lots of content to amuse ourselves so I guess she does provide some sort of service 🤔
I'm a yoga wanker and I've been to several gong baths. Let me enlighten you. In a gong bath, you lie on a yoga mat on a wooden floor in the dark with your eyes closed while the teacher bangs a huge gong. Sometimes quietly, sometimes really loud. Often there is a build up. The sound and vibrations make me feel all wonderful, though Mr H hate it when I dragged him along. No bathtub is involved in the process.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 47
Thanks for doing the do Alan. I wonder if Jack will do a special chaos to mark her imminent entry into the 100 threads on Tattle hall of fame?

Or maybe she will surprise us all and suddenly send out those 'weekly' postcards to people whose benefits she took almost a month ago 🤔

Hahahaha! Just kidding. She won't do that. She's got the money now and that's all that matters to her.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 43
It's OK to not be ok, it's not OK to do nothing about it though (I speak from experience)

• Heart
Reactions: 30
Even the ads on Jack’s website are taking the piss now.

33ADC34B-F2A5-4663-907C-C8D455EF1C84.jpeg

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 77
I think the thing I hate most about Jack’s utterly performative “it’s ok not to be ok” stream of wank, is that it’s so empty coming from someone who can and does access private healthcare to deal with her multitude of MH problems (although strangely avoiding the glaringly obvious personality disorder).

If you can’t afford to pay, NHS and non-paying support systems literally take months to offer any form of care that isn’t medication. Taking Jack’s route of wallowing in one’s sadness in that situation leads to a huge downwards spiral. Yet again she’s showing her arse because she has no idea what it’s like to go to a doctor and be told that she has to wait 8-12 months to see a qualified person; she just tells the doctor to diagnose her with ADHD and prescribe her some speed and bingo! She’s whizzing off her tits.

But we all know that Jack couldn’t give a diddly duck about anyone’s mental health, she just wants to go viral with this insincere Matt Haig bullshit.

• Heart
Reactions: 72
Another thing I found in my trawl of her Instagram a few nights ago. I must confess I’ve been saving it to provide distraction when she’s in a twattery. I hope to high heavens that that squiggle had just painted it on & isn’t having to laser it off or arrange a cover-up so people think it’s Dot Cotton not Jackie McMonroe. Now duck off!

4F46AD05-2A40-4065-B9D1-DAF0F953A3F0.png

• Wow
  • Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 73
Why is she unable to eat grapes without biting herself? I dont understand.
I wonder why she hasn't cut the grapes into teeny tiny pieces. The fact she does this with veg (buys soffritto from Waitrose), has resulted in her losing the ability to bite. A grape is hardly crunchy therefore requires very little pressure to bite through, why did it result in her biting right through her lip?

She has had her "snaggle tooth" all her life, so she should be used to it by now. I've got teeth like Red Rum, had years of orthodontic treatments and had 8 teeth removed to reduce crowding. Big teeth small jaw, so Jackie hasn't won that one. I still have one oddly aligned tooth. It hardly ever causes me an issue, because it is something that has always been there. If I bite my lip, it hurts for a few minutes and is sore for a day or so. It never results in me ending up with plump full luscious lips that lasts months.

Lip filler top up cover up story? No judgement here, she should just be honest and pay for it herself and not plead poverty. Though she should be careful, she could end up looking like Pete Burns, God rest him.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 50
I think the thing I hate most about Jack’s utterly performative “it’s ok not to be ok” stream of wank, is that it’s so empty coming from someone who can and does access private healthcare to deal with her multitude of MH problems (although strangely avoiding the glaringly obvious personality disorder).

If you can’t afford to pay, NHS and non-paying support systems literally take months to offer any form of care that isn’t medication. Taking Jack’s route of wallowing in one’s sadness in that situation leads to a huge downwards spiral. Yet again she’s showing her arse because she has no idea what it’s like to go to a doctor and be told that she has to wait 8-12 months to see a qualified person; she just tells the doctor to diagnose her with ADHD and prescribe her some speed and bingo! She’s whizzing off her tits.

But we all know that Jack couldn’t give a diddly duck about anyone’s mental health, she just wants to go viral with this insincere Matt Haig bullshit.
Well said, and it really isn't ok to not be ok. We've discussed this here before as many of us have experience of MH stuff. Sure, no one needs to bake banana bread or do gong baths (though I personally like both). No one needs permission from a Z-list cook to not do or like those things. Suggesting that

It’s okay to sit in your pyjamas eating crisps with your unkempt lockdown hair. It’s okay to leave the dishes. It’s okay to burrow into your duvet and let the world spin madly on around you.
is helping no one. Getting changed out of your pjs, brushing your hair, eating normal meals and normal times, keeping your home in a normal state and getting out of bed are more important than ever. Most of us don't have a choice in it anyway, as we are working. And no, I can't do my zooms in pjs in my bed eating crisps. And thank god for that. Anyone who knows anything about mental health knows that a routine and a sense of purpose are so important. If you are getting satisfaction and a sense of purpose by attending zoom gong baths, learning a language or baking, then bleeping go for it. The fact that she says people pretend to enjoy it says it all. It hasn't occurred to her that people may actually enjoy those things. She has zero empathy and she's doing noting useful by telling people it's ok to not be ok.

• Heart
Reactions: 61
I'm a yoga wanker and I've been to several gong baths. Let me enlighten you. In a gong bath, you lie on a yoga mat on a wooden floor in the dark with your eyes closed while the teacher bangs a huge gong. Sometimes quietly, sometimes really loud. Often there is a build up. The sound and vibrations make me feel all wonderful, though Mr H hate it when I dragged him along. No bathtub is involved in the process.
Did she not just misspell long? I don’t know what is a joke any more 😭

• Haha
Reactions: 42
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.