Jack Monroe #98 Thoroughly Naff

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
240BACF1-3ECB-49FB-BC82-4A36BE6D348C.png

It’s ok not to do zoom calls every day when you don’t have to work for a living.
and not that she would know, sometimes keeping in contact, although tedious at times can really help mentally with remote working.

ETA: she has no idea how privileged she is, does she?

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 73
Don’t know if this will sound insensitive but it’s not ok to do the things she says are ok. People need to recognise that regularly doing nothing, not cleaning, washing or tidying are signs of bigger problems. I don’t like the “it’s ok to...” side of “self-care”.

What we should be saying is “hey, if you’re starting to feel like that, reach out to someone, anyone and see if you can nip it in the bud before it becomes a bigger issue”. It’s like a warning light on a dashboard but obviously if you’re the person it can be hard to realise- particularly if some prat on the internet is acting like that’s normal behaviour.

• Heart
Reactions: 75
I’ve got considerably more teeth and bigger grapes THAN YOW.

• Haha
Reactions: 41
A fiver’s worth of grapes with two different sized bunches. A quarter of her weekly budget.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 38
Maybe all the slop has messed with her ability to bite solids which is causing the ouchy mouth?
It does sound like she’s forgotten how to chew. I’ve never known such a drama to be made out of eating grapes. It’s absolutely riveting.

• Haha
Reactions: 30
I’d quite like to sit in my pyjamas eating crisps and avoid zoom meetings but unfortunately have to work to pay my bills. Sadly I don’t have 300+ patreons to subsidise my lifestyle.

Reactions: 53
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.