Jack Monroe #98 Thoroughly Naff

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I was wondering what the hell 'ambient' food was! I've only ever heard it used in terms of 'ambient music'. It's not a word you'd normally use.
It's a very common one in retail, stuff that doesn'tnreed too be chilled or frozen. It's sometimes in your receipt

Reactions: 12
Four potatoes?

Why would anybody buy a bleeping Aubergine and four potatoes when you could buy a bag of spuds that would cover you for a fortnight for less? (Aubergine - 70p, four baking potatoes split up to imply they weren't - 50p, bag of spuds - 79p).

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
I thought Wilko had been boycotted on the basis of how they treated their staff during the last lockdown? I'm sure I remember our dear heart composing a list of bad retailers to avoid?

Keep up with your lies FFS you stupid woman.

I knew I didn't dream it 😂
They backed down and apologised after people complained, I believe they treated their staff just fine during lockdown

Reactions: 12
I knew someone who used to work with Jack just before her first book was released and can confirm that she is a compulsive liar - she would buy her lunch from M&S everyday while claiming she was feeding herself on £5 a week!

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 98
It's just a sandwich made out of toast. Why lie and say it's a frying pan toastie when you can clearly see it's toasted on the inside and the filling added after the bread was cut?

Furthermore this sounds disgusting, and that's coming from someone who likes bacon and peanut butter in a toastie. :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 41
They backed down and apologised after people complained, I believe they treated their staff just fine during lockdown
Ah that's good news then, shame it takes people complaining for some of these businesses to treat their staff fairly though.

Reactions: 13
My theory about why the really cheap stuff has been disappearing over the past few years is because retailers are trying to decrease their reliance on European suppliers - at the point where the UK voted to leave and the pound plummeted, every single manufacturer of frozen chips supplying to UK supermarkets was in Belgium, which when you consider how many spuds we grow in this country is a bit gobsmacking.

• Wow
Reactions: 44
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.