Jack Monroe #98 Thoroughly Naff

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
One day something worth tweeting about will happen to her... I know it.. it will be soon.. just wait for it.... Keeping hanging on.....

***Tumble weed****

no one in the world....

Her.. Yeah just sub that whole butternut squash for a rack of lamb in the soup. No one will ever know.

• Haha
Reactions: 35
I’m not sure about the policies of her preferred supermarkets (Asda/Waitrose/M&S) but last lockdown, my locals had a restriction of three items per category to stop people from doing exactly what she Tweeted. Happy to be corrected but suspect it does belong on the ‘Things That Never Happened’ list

• Heart
Reactions: 33
just saw a hellmanns ad on telly encouraging using up leftovers! not a letdown larder in sight! 🤣

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 36
Ffs guys - first page of a new book & it’s drawn me back here to Jackie 😫

View attachment 295861

You can't leave us hanging there. Louise's collar has been fiddled with ..... what happened next? We need to know. Were any anchovies involved? A leek?

----------------------------------------------------------------------

I accept that her being a perpetual irritant could cloud my rationality, but is 'joking' about burning human bones a bit off with a pending Covid 2nd wave?

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 24
I thought her preferred chicken stock was made from yellow sticker battery farmed chickens boiled for days with the wilted out of date scrapings from her salad drawer?

Or is that just for her son's meals?

Just wanted to take a moment to appreciate this gem:

IMG_20201101_151146.png

In their defence, they were well off.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 62
I‘m so confused by this tweet. Why is she martyring on about taking a one hour round trip on foot, to a local butchers, to get chicken and sausages for her darling son (but not her because she’s 50% vegan... when she’s asleep that is) like her weekly trips to Asda were a figment of our imaginations?

Local shops are only for lockdown, eh Jack?
"As a disabled person", I am in awe that she can manage all that traipsing to different shops. It doesn't do the rest of us with disabilities any favours. Same as when she's proving it costs a tenner a week to eat. Few disabled people can walk long distances carrying or pulling heavy weights. When we are not in lockdown mode, I drive 2 minutes to the nearest aldi, buy whatever they have in stock, and get home asap, using one of my children to help/pack/carry bags. That's usually my only time to leave the house in the week. In lockdown my husband kindly goes because I can't queue. I have friends who think I should be capable of walking to Aldi and trolleying home, or go the marketplace or magically afford plastic free delivery schemes. And sorry but I can't. Then again, I'm not a "pescatarian bodybuilder who clocks up 25000 steps a day and spends all day dancing on heels" kind of disabled person, just an average one.

• Heart
Reactions: 69
I thought her preferred chicken stock was made from yellow sticker battery farmed chickens boiled for days with the wilted out of date scrapings from her salad drawer?

Or is that just for her son's meals?

Just wanted to take a moment to appreciate this gem:

View attachment 295938

In their defence, they were well off.
Well, that's OK, then. Just make sure those pesky povs only have to fight over the last packet of Smart Price Penne. Can't be having them get ideas above their station, can we?

• Haha
Reactions: 34
I must admit I am disappointed in Jack this weekend. Unless she has noticed us timing her behaviour to the moon cycle and has managed to control herself🤪

• Haha
Reactions: 28
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.