Jack Monroe #98 Thoroughly Naff

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
View attachment 295569

"this is my momeeent" she's been waiting for this second lockdown for weeks so she can bring back lockdown larder. and good job it's a nice short hashtag for people to type out 🙄
I don’t know why...but I have images of her doing a Vic Reeves-esque rubbing of her legs in delight at the news of another lockdown was announced. I’m alright Jack right enough...

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 41
I don’t know why...but I have images of her doing a Vic Reeves-esque rubbing of her legs in delight at the news of another lockdown was announced. I’m alright Jack right enough...
She definitely seems to be on something of a high.

• Angry
Reactions: 33
Is she in the queue for the butchers with one of those plastic raincover hair things, clutching her triangle paper ticket in one hand and her iPhone in the other. She’s probably sitting on her ‘nan’ trolley to complete this Elsie Tanner cosplay.

• Haha
Reactions: 49
This is a new low for conversation starters.

Why doesn't she use very basic social media strategy and match her inane conversation starters to her archive posts of slop of the day?

What was your favourite recipe for banana bread last lockdown? Why not try my spiced vegan version?

PS I find it very weird when she posts chummily about her brother, who she is estranged from? I have no relationship with a sibling, we haven't spoken in over a decade, and I would never mention them in social media posts, because it would be deeply uncomfortable.

• Heart
Reactions: 48
radiators is it? she's had her morning grunk here along with the rest of us. 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 24
That’s not exactly what happened with York Road Market!
It was always a little shabby, they had to get rid of some of it but refurbed other places. It then still wasn’t bringing in enough custom so had to go. Traders were very aware of what was happening. Some of the traders moved in to the high street and still have their shops there, for example Frame It, a framing shop that started in York Road market and is now just off the other end of the High Street instead.

From one article about it “Traders at York Road Market, who were finding it difficult to attract customers despite a revamp last April, have been told by Southend Council it will close, pending a review, because of lack of custom.”

York Road had a bad reputation. A lot of people didn’t feel safe shopping around there which resulted in a lack of income to the market. It would have been lovely if it was moved to a nicer place but physical shops had started to decline and as I’ve said, a lot moved or just weren’t really sustainable anymore. Whether the market had stayed there or not.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 60
View attachment 295600

DON'T CALL IT A STORY, IT'S MY LIFE
Sorry, I needed to come back to this.

This tweet basically sums up why I have come to despise JM.

JM: Enthusiastically flogs books on Amazon. Enthusiastically buys eyelid sausages week after week, writes and publishes recipes on them, flooding social media with how cheap and tasty they are.

She has no morals or principles whatsoever when it comes to benefiting herself.

And now the same person has the bleeping gall to write this, positioning herself as some sort of die hard #shoplocal #locavore market stall champion? Part of her "origin story", no-one in the history of humanity has ever been such an ethical user of the local butcher / greengrocer / market before the EVIL TORIES ™ shut all of it down purely to plunge our plucky heroine into the depths of poverty and desperation for a week or two.

FFS, she's in an ideal position to actually support local business. She's supposedly a food writer, and has time to shop during the day as she is self employed and her son is at school / his dad's.

But don't worry Jack, I'm sure you need the money hoard more than struggling local businesses heading to the wall.

• Heart
Reactions: 49
'It's one of the few areas of my life I'm measured and controlled in' lied Jack, surrounded by 20 pieces of Cotswold Co furniture.

She stared into her £300 mirror with no emotion.

'Fear does that to a person'

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 59
She is awful making the York Road market about her. @Toffee finger has said what happened. Bloody Jack has to make everything about her.
Also, what honestly quite tempted to drive to shoebury Asda earlier to bump into her. I cba though. I’ll keep an eye out for her next time I’m over there. In Waitrose though! 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 29
"It's awful what happened to this market because it was ~my~ origins story." Naff off you narcissistic, snivelling rat.

Bold of her to say about her brother not contributing to chores when she's openly calling her adult dwelling 'crappy' because she doesn't keep it tidy (which tbf the overflowing stagnant bin can attest to).

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 52
Just to say the spiced banana bread is the only thing I have made by Jack that actually worked! No peaches, no eyelid sausages, no slop, an actual edible bread! Praise the Lord. Now duck off.
That would be because she got it off the BBC good food website, where it has been for over a decade, and gave it a few minor tweaks.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 41
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.