Jack Monroe #98 Thoroughly Naff

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I found her Christmas article with the Finnish recipes. She certainly didn’t seem to be suggesting at the time that it was the Guardian’s idea that she do a Finland theme.
But then, a few months later she did a “Tanzanian” recipe, following her trip to Tanzania, but using a fish that is apparently not available there (according to the comments). So she’s no stranger to a bit of cultural appropriation when it suits her. It’s like jollof rice all over again!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 44
I'm comparing her answers to the ones on Kitchen Cabinet. Let's just say she doesn't come out favourably.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I think only two people have actually asked questions today. All the other questions are from yesterday when she announced the return of the much beloved hashtag. Hmm, it's almost as though there is zero need for this. Shops are open and well-stocked. Deliveries are available. Despite her fear mongering, people do not seem to be panic buying. I mean, sure, some people (well, one person) has a tin of butterbeans they bought because they like butterbeans but now they don't know what to do with them. I guess Jackie is there to help that person.

1.png
1.png

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 33
I can't even reply 'google it'. You don't need to google it.
Polenta - read the packet instructions, eat.
Beans, bleeping hell, just eat the beans. I mean, how hard can it be. Chilli, side dish, bean salad, minetrone, etc, etc.
Leek - I have no words.

she did scaremongering yesterday, squiggle. keep up View attachment 297162
I'm pretty sure there is no Jack-effect.

CBA to screenshot, but love, just bleeping google it!

#JackMonroesLockdownLarder pumpkin recipies! Specifically American style pumpkin pie?

• Haha
Reactions: 33
It was a part quote from an advert for milk..
recently I proclaimed ‘WHO ARE DEY?!.... exactly’ at MrGroovy who is Scottish, to a very blank face.
Apparently that milk marketing board ad wasn’t shown North of the border.

My flabber was ghasted.

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.