Jack Monroe #98 Thoroughly Naff

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Surely the kind of people who require so much handholding that they'll ask, "What can I do with a tin of beans?" are ALSO the kind of people who require a proper, step-by-step recipe, no?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 41
recently I proclaimed ‘WHO ARE DEY?!.... exactly’ at MrGroovy who is Scottish, to a very blank face.
Apparently that milk marketing board ad wasn’t shown North of the border.

My flabber was ghasted.
Hah. Last year my teen and I were in a Sky Super 6 football league. There was a cup game week and Accrington Stanley were one of the teams. I said 'So, it's so-and-so versus Accrington Stanley', my daughter (who's never seen a milk marketing board ad in her life' said 'ACCRINGTON STANLEY?! Who are they?' and I got to say 'EXACTLY' before collapsing on the floor hooting/clawing etc in amusement. I think she thought I'd gone temporarily insane.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 39
'Pop it in the microwave until it sings'

Much methodical. So forensic.

• Haha
Reactions: 39
The way she keeps replying "good lighting, moisturiser and portrait mode" is the absolute height of cringe. It's that usual Jack tactic of not directly saying it's been modified, but not completely ruling it out so she can say she never denied it when called out. The thing is, portrait mode is renowned for giving a bloody awful pic because it gives a high definition look at every single pore and hair on your face. She has a filter on that's cancelling out every line on her face and it's devastatingly obvious. Jack, this is so embarrassing!

Looks like it has been noticed elsewhere. Ouch!!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 62
Hah. Last year my teen and I were in a Sky Super 6 football league. There was a cup game week and Accrington Stanley were one of the teams. I said 'So, it's so-and-so versus Accrington Stanley', my daughter (who's never seen a milk marketing board ad in her life' said 'ACCRINGTON STANLEY?! Who are they?' and I got to say 'EXACTLY' before collapsing on the floor hooting/clawing etc in amusement. I think she thought I'd gone temporarily insane.
We have to get our comedy kicks somehow, despite our shitey unappreciative audiences.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
I don't know why people bother asking it would honestly be better for peoples time and the environment that they would just compost it at source.

• Haha
Reactions: 24
I went to watch my football team play there in a friendly a few years back and how I HOOTED when I checked in on Facebook with the comment ‘well, they did warn me what would happen when I went vegan’.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.