Jack Monroe #98 Thoroughly Naff

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
'Eggs luxuriating nearby' makes no sense either. Another case of her not knowing the meaning of a big word or how to use it, but using it anyway to try and sound clever.
‘Eggs luxuriating nearby’ - possibly a thread title?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
Two things (also hi everyone)

1. People write their whole life stories and then the actual recipe as they get more ad revenue. I follow a recipe writer and she was really open about it and I admire her for it. She actually makes amazing food so I don’t begrudge her earning as revenue from her website as she gives recipes out for free.

2. Don’t you just lemon juice in a dish when you have over chillied? I feel like that’s one of the most basic things you learn.

Reactions: 17
Screenshot 2020-11-02 at 14.53.57.png

Having turned her back on her Scottish/Irish/Greek/Jewish/Ouchy roots, she is now hitting it with 'Fam' :rolleyes:

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 28
Normally the life story above recipe thing is to include keywords (I write SEO texts) which is why you often see text like:

If you've ever wondered how to make anchoïade, you're not alone. I was looking for a healthy anchoïade recipe and I came up with this. This easy anchoïade recipe uses just 5 ingredients...

In a way, I wouldn't mind Jack doing that...but she's as tit as SEO as she is at cooking/marketing/face tuning/searing political commentary etc etc.

Reactions: 32
These are the ingredients listed for caponata on BBC food. Anyone who has ever had caponata knows this is what goes into it:

For the caponata
It's a height-of-summer dish - when you have super ripe tomatoes and aubergines.

Alternatively, use the ingredients above but add a ton of chilli flakes, coconut milk, over-processed bread, brown sugar and balsamic vinegar.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 35
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.