Jack Monroe #98 Thoroughly Naff

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think one of the most annoying things in the world is looking for a recipe and having to f**king scroll past a life story to find actual ingredients and method. I'm here to make the thing not read about you
Oh my god yes! I hate when you click on a recipe and you're like "ok so what are the ingredients?"

"Well it all began in 2008 when my grandmother was visiting from michigan...*5 pages later*...after her passing in 2013 due to falling into the polar bear enclosure at the zoo, we decided to honour her memory with this recipe...but first here's half a page of affiliate links for everything i used!"

I dont even scroll any more i just click right out of a site if i see waffle (another reason to love bbc good food, its straight to the point.)

People clicking on a recipe are there for...the recipe. Not your life story!

Have a separate writing blog or keep your creative writing in different posts to your recipes i dont want to hear about your crush on a french youtuber.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 57
I have a theory Fraus (and gentlemen- I don’t know any German other than what I’ve picked up from you lot!)

Mrs J is tentatively back on the scene. They have discussed why SHE LEFT and Jack has agreed to 1) stop hoarding and clean the house up and 2) stop doing chaos/rants on twitter. She is trying to prove to Mrs J that she has changed her ways!

As I typed this I realised the Paul Hollywood pile on was only *checks notes* last week? Wow time in Jack Land really is distorted!

• Haha
Reactions: 61
I have a theory Fraus (and gentlemen- I don’t know any German other than what I’ve picked up from you lot!)

Mrs J is tentatively back on the scene. They have discussed why SHE LEFT and Jack has agreed to 1) stop hoarding and clean the house up and 2) stop doing chaos/rants on twitter. She is trying to prove to Mrs J that she has changed her ways!

As I typed this I realised the Paul Hollywood pile on was only *checks notes* last week? Wow time in Jack Land really is distorted!
And the Krishnan thing was only a week and a half ago.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 35
See that? That is bleeping monstrous.
I swear on all that is holy my great, great, great grand people bleeping ate better than that during the famine.
People who were eating grass and seaweed
There are people now, right NOW on this earth who have nothing to eat. Nothing to feed their children and that lying, grifting piece of shite has the absolute cheek to offer THAT up as a recipe?
The bastard.

ETA.. Morning all! I may have woken up 'in one'...

• Haha
Reactions: 32
Oh my god yes! I hate when you click on a recipe and you're like "ok so what are the ingredients?"

"Well it all began in 2008 when my grandmother was visiting from michigan...*5 pages later*...after her passing in 2013 due to falling into the polar bear enclosure at the zoo, we decided to honour her memory with this recipe...but first here's half a page of affiliate links for everything i used!"

I dont even scroll any more i just click right out of a site if i see waffle (another reason to love bbc good food, its straight to the point.)

Have a separate writing blog or keep your creative writing in different posts to your recipes i dont want to hear about your crush on a french youtuber.
Tbf, for most bloggers this is done to improve their standing with the google algorithm and generate engagement. It doesn't take that long to scroll past for you, but a) some people might actually want to read the life story? b) it helps content creators to get more clicks and potentially more revenue.

• Heart
Reactions: 20

And if the recipe is crap it will be revealed in the comments. Also people will have shared if you can change ingredients because theyve tried variations.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I’m in thread early 41ish and she used to be training to dispense in a pharmacy. Have any of you done a job timeline at all?
So far I’ve got
Trainee dispenser
Journalist (short lived)
Call handler for Fire Service
Sex work
Oh mate, brace yourself.

• Haha
Reactions: 58
Tbf, for most bloggers this is done to improve their standing with the google algorithm and generate engagement. It doesn't take that long to scroll past for you, but a) some people might actually want to read the life story? b) it helps content creators to get more clicks and potentially more revenue.
Yeah, I must say a paragraph or two of backstory doesn't bother me as I know it helps the authors out.

What does bother me is when that backstory is verbose bilge.

Read the description - right up my street!

Saw the outcome - moving postcodes immediately

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
I didnt know the waffle was to help the bloggers out. I will be more tolerant. But it's still tedious

• Haha
Reactions: 18
I am (as usual) on a grunka so this has probably already been said but...they're Still clearing the shelves and potentially preventing vulnerable people from getting any food?? "Oh I dont care because they bought a higher end brand, they're not clearing the value stuff" yes Jack and what exactly do you think the people who usually buy the high end stuff are going to do now there's none of it in the shop?? Theyre not going to say "ah well my fancy pasta isn't here, might as well just starve this week" they're going to buy the value pasta instead which means there might not be any left for people who can't afford anything else. That pasta hoarder might have a valid reason or they might just be a selfish stockpiler, neither us nor Jack will ever know (though the hypocrisy of Jack saying not to judge others is 🙄) but to say it's fine to stockpile if you're buying the expensive stuff is mind bogglingly stupid and completely missing the point

• Heart
Reactions: 29
I’m in thread early 41ish and she used to be training to dispense in a pharmacy. Have any of you done a job timeline at all?
So far I’ve got
Trainee dispenser
Journalist (short lived)
Call handler for Fire Service
Sex work
Have you visited #31? That is a real doosie

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.