Jack Monroe #98 Thoroughly Naff

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
IncyGrunk-dunk da funk over here, but this really resonates. I’m doing The Christmas Chronicles along (😘 @Nottonightbabe ) and bought Nigella’s new book yesterday. On doing the cursory new book sniff and flick through — both stopped me in my tracks, I just wanted to dive in and kept going. The writing is possibly overwhelming, but in a lovely lofty down duvet in front of the fire inviting kind of way. Compare and contrast with Fishy Fingers over here.... you’d only keep reading to check whether someone had actually published this guff
It's the way she tries to make it sound alluring by stating, the scent was overpowering 😂. When has an overpowering scent ever been a good thing?! Especially an overpowering scent of anchovy 😂.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 33
How lovely is this! Burberry, of muddy puddle fame, has partnered with MR to fund youth centres. Jack, bit awks, but have you handed over your BLM video money to anyone yet? Maybe give the crowdfund money over to the Trussell Trust before the next lockdown starts, yeah?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 52
Her food is not my cup of tea, but I would tolerate it better if she was a nicer person. She cooks food to the colour of her soul it seems.

Reactions: 22
Goooooooooooood Morning Canal!

I’m on a deep dive of AGCL on the way back machine, what a gold mine! Here’s Wor Jackie’s view of hole bollock sausages... huh.

We also need to add ferret to her list of animals and migraines to ailments list 🙄View attachment 296798
She rinses baked beans (why?) to reveal "cannelloni beans". What variety are they? Or does she mean cannellini beans? She's a cookery writer and gets pulses mixed up with pasta.

• Haha
Reactions: 52

I’m on a deep dive of AGCL on the way back machine, what a gold mine! Here’s Wor Jackie’s view of hole bollock sausages... huh.

We also need to add ferret to her list of animals and migraines to ailments list 🙄View attachment 296798
My god, she actually makes sense here. It was published in 2013. I was just reminded why I thought she was a force for good once upon a time.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
I can't for the life of me imagine why anyone would think eating anything smelly with your fingers is a good idea. Especially fishy or eggy things with a smell that lingers. I hate smells on my hands and when I cook I make sure I scrub them to get rid of any lingering odours.

I have tried one of those stainless steel soaps that the say gets rid of smells, but it didn't work for me. I just wash with a perfume free handwash. I certainly wouldn't contemplate going to bed and eating smelly food. Aside from the indigestion, the smelly fingers in the morning would just make me hurl.

Her personal hygiene standards are far from ideal for a recipe writer. Sticking fingers into a blender where there's food intended to be eaten by two people, and we all know what those nails look like. 🤢🤢🤢

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 43
She rinses baked beans (why?) to reveal "cannelloni beans". What variety are they? Or does she mean cannellini beans? She's a cookery writer and gets pulses mixed up with pasta.
Not only that, but baked beans are haricot beans, right? They’re definitely not cannellini!

• Haha
Reactions: 35
I have tried one of those stainless steel soaps that the say gets rid of smells, but it didn't work for me. I just wash with a perfume free handwash.
I had one of those, it did work for me on and off. But I recently found that if I wash my hands with cold water and soap initially it stops strong smells from seeping into the skin.
I wash my hands with warm water and soap as a follow up

• Heart
Reactions: 8

This was from 2013?!

Hell's bells, she cycles more than a washing machine!

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.