Jack Monroe #98 Thoroughly Naff

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Didn't her english teacher tell her about sentences that long? Big no no. Also I don't understand - who stumbled across it Matt or her? What's the restaurant menu got to do with it? What...?
It's also so bad for SEO! Google likes short, snappy sentences that organically use keywords people are searching for. Instead, our Jackie uses flowery prose, long sentences and keyword stuffing. And of course her website is tit storm too from a UX perspective as @heretoreaditall2019 has stated. She's right to be shocked she has any career in digital marketing.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
I've just noticed that the 'uh huh huh' Elvis 'joke' she's so fond of isn't even a Jack original. This was posted on her insta banana sandwich photo before she started randomly replying 'uh huh huh' to everyone.

Screen Shot 2020-11-02 at 08.28.59.png

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 38
Things is jack, you can't write. I love reading nigella, Simon Hopkinson, nigel Slater and ina garten because I enjoy their writing. I was feeling glum last week so I dug out 'How to eat' and it really cheered me up no end.
IncyGrunk-dunk da funk over here, but this really resonates. I’m doing The Christmas Chronicles along (😘 @Nottonightbabe ) and bought Nigella’s new book yesterday. On doing the cursory new book sniff and flick through — both stopped me in my tracks, I just wanted to dive in and kept going. The writing is possibly overwhelming, but in a lovely lofty down duvet in front of the fire inviting kind of way. Compare and contrast with Fishy Fingers over here.... you’d only keep reading to check whether someone had actually published this guff

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 33
I feel really sorry for Louisa being sucked into the vortex of slop, scampering and self obsession again.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
Didn't her english teacher tell her about sentences that long? Big no no. Also I don't understand - who stumbled across it Matt or her? What's the restaurant menu got to do with it? What...?
I've re-read the intro a few times and it makes no sense.

'Eggs luxuriating nearby' makes no sense either. Another case of her not knowing the meaning of a big word or how to use it, but using it anyway to try and sound clever.

Her writing is so self-indulgent. I'm still in disbelief at how long she managed to make that recipe! It can literally be written in a few short steps. See here:

Untitled 22.png

• Heart
Reactions: 34
Goooooooooooood Morning Canal!

I’m on a deep dive of AGCL on the way back machine, what a gold mine! Here’s Wor Jackie’s view of hole bollock sausages... huh.

We also need to add ferret to her list of animals and migraines to ailments list 🙄
D0BA455A-3DF9-46BF-81CC-A7D4D6EC98EA.png

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 39
I feel really sorry for Louisa being sucked into the vortex of slop, scampering and self obsession again.
I don't😬
She's head of news and current affairs at Channel 4. That means she must be fairly intelligent and savvy. She must know exactly what Jack is like, if we can all see it she must be able to as well. If she wants to put up with it all then that's entirely her choice. If she had just walked away then fair enough. If she keeps tiptoeing back for whatever reason then she's probably not helping.

• Heart
Reactions: 57
IncyGrunk-dunk da funk over here, but this really resonates. I’m doing The Christmas Chronicles along (😘 @Nottonightbabe ) and bought Nigella’s new book yesterday. On doing the cursory new book sniff and flick through — both stopped me in my tracks, I just wanted to dive in and kept going. The writing is possibly overwhelming, but in a lovely lofty down duvet in front of the fire inviting kind of way. Compare and contrast with Fishy Fingers over here.... you’d only keep reading to check whether someone had actually published this guff
I’m reading The Christmas Chronicles too 🙋‍♀️ Nigel Slater’s writing is beautiful. He completely immerses you in to his stories and experiences. He also makes me want to eat everything, even things I wouldn’t ordinarily eat, because he makes everything sound so delicious and inviting. Our Jackie tries so hard to imitate that style of writing but fails.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Someone Photoshop the Burberry scarf into that soup puddle of potage.

• Haha
Reactions: 20
I've re-read the intro a few times and it makes no sense.

'Eggs luxuriating nearby' makes no sense either. Another case of her not knowing the meaning of a big word or how to use it, but using it anyway to try and sound clever.

Her writing is so self-indulgent. I'm still in disbelief at how long she managed to make that recipe! It can literally be written in a few short steps. See here:

View attachment 296780
I think one of the most annoying things in the world is looking for a recipe and having to f**king scroll past a life story to find actual ingredients and method. I'm here to make the thing not read about you

• Heart
Reactions: 32
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.