Jack Monroe #98 Thoroughly Naff

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The PP? What have I missed? Constantly on a grunk so apologies if I’m asking what’s been asked already.

Also for the dock, in my humble personal opinion sexuality is a spectrum. I don’t hold people to account for straying a little from the part of the spectrum they most align with.
Not to go off topic, but I class myself as gay because I quite simply don’t find men attractive and that means not sleeping with them. If she does have an attraction to men then she is bisexual. It’s like the 90% vegan thing with her, she’s 90% lesbian now too. Except she’s not, she’s bisexual.

And to bring it back on topic, a previous poster has said that there are rumours Jack slept with a male Tory councillor and broke his marriage up.

• Wow
Reactions: 35
I've had a little Grunka on here tonight and I'd like to thank you all for making me feel less alone in finding this woman not only problematic but down right horrible! I can't believe I once liked her and that sane, logical, nice people defend her! She's really lousy!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 60
Don’t worry, theres a few of us in here.

Which is surprising as the lesbian pescatarian bodybuilder isn’t as lesbian as she seems to be if the PP and their tea is true. Does not surprise me at all, she’s the type of manipulative cow to break up a marriage as she’d be the star of the show. She gives lesbians a bad name.
Agreed!! She is the kind of lesbo that made me come out later than I wanted. She is so full of tit. And manipulative to the core.
I made a comment bc I might have come across as homophobic 😅 being a lesbian..wouldn't be the first time.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
After seeing the screenshots of recipes from the BBC Good Food and a previous poster mentioning that‘s where she got the Banana bread recipe from I took a look.

Comments on the BBC recipe go back 8 years. Dr Monroes was published November 19.
44C01B39-65A3-43CB-8DCB-EEC81ACA8FF7.jpeg

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 29
Not to go off topic, but I class myself as gay because I quite simply don’t find men attractive and that means not sleeping with them. If she does have an attraction to men then she is bisexual. It’s like the 90% vegan thing with her, she’s 90% lesbian now too. Except she’s not, she’s bisexual.

And to bring it back on topic, a previous poster has said that there are rumours Jack slept with a male Tory councillor and broke his marriage up.
I am absolutely not hung up about labels..But as you said, she insists so much on labels (while the rest is unbothered..) I also describe myself as a lesbian for that reason..also bc people might think I am sad that I have not found a man and therefore want to hook me up. Makes it easier sometimes. Splitting up relationships is crap.

Reactions: 14
I actually doubted that anchovy butter word vomit was Jack’s work. It’s just too ridiculous. The finger-sucking and groaning of internal organs... the more dignified but salty Elvis. Wtf?
I have a lot of problems with the anchovy butter recipe:

1. She’s trying so hard to rip off Nigella’s arch, conversational style

2. She’s always talking about her food being so delicious she eats a double/triple/quadruple portion in one sitting, but we know it isn’t and she doesn’t

3. She describes eating the anchovy butter straight out of the blender, but in the next breath talks about it being in a pan 🤦‍♀️

3. I’ve tried Henderson’s relish and it is in no way a substitute for anchovies (it’s similar to Worcester sauce) and would be horrible blended with butter

Reactions: 32
oh god, xmas recipes for the list. this is (even more than usual) exhausting.

I once did xmas day all alone. I ate a pheasant, watched toy story, drank champagne and it was a great day. xmas day alone doesn't have to be miserable. 💁‍♀️ also, stop with the americanisms!
Last time she *did* Christmas, it involved liver. And not as a nice pate either.
16042749357523680063295944854568.jpg

• Sick
Reactions: 28

No way. That’s some serious gossip right there. (The Tory councillor not your sexuality 🙃) Could that actually be true? Seems unlikely but difficult without seeing the receipt.

Reactions: 11
I have a lot of problems with the anchovy butter recipe:

1. She’s trying so hard to rip off Nigella’s arch, conversational style

2. She’s always talking about her food being so delicious she eats a double/triple/quadruple portion in one sitting, but we know it isn’t and she doesn’t

3. She describes eating the anchovy butter straight out of the blender, but in the next breath talks about it being in a pan 🤦‍♀️

3. I’ve tried Henderson’s relish and it is in no way a substitute for anchovies (it’s similar to Worcester sauce) and would be horrible blended with butter
The anchovy butter is bugging me too. It is nonsensical. She says she was late for school because she ate the whole pan, which was intended to serve two, now, correct me if I am wrong, but anchovy butter serving sizes would be small, like a teaspoon or a tablespoon at a push? It's not like you serve someone a bowl of anchovy butter?

Reactions: 26
Who on earth has a “spare” microwave just hanging about the place?? And if you do, why not offer it to someone who really needs it rather than one of your blue ticker mates?? She is absolutely insufferable. 🙄
Who on earth has a “spare” microwave just hanging about the place?? And if you do, why not offer it to someone who really needs it rather than one of your blue ticker mates?? She is absolutely insufferable. 🙄
Lady Bountiful has one on top of each fridge.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
After seeing the screenshots of recipes from the BBC Good Food and a previous poster mentioning that‘s where she got the Banana bread recipe from I took a look.

Comments on the BBC recipe go back 8 years. Dr Monroes was published November 19.
View attachment 296641
I would say many of her recipes are lifted from elsewhere and tweaked slightly to throw the plagiarism sniffer dogs off the scent. There's no real talent or skill in her cooking, she's not a chef and she is first to shout that. I'd say she's gotten by for many years on very basic recipes, 'reverse engineering' recipes - ie tweaked someone elses - and then bulk it out with those awful essays before she gets down to the actual recipe. That's why they take her so long to 'write'. Her releasing recipe books is the equivalent of Janice from corrie releasing exercise DVDs back in 2005 except they're less use. Shocking. Only my humble opinion of course!

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 33
Imagine Nigella talking about the christmas without her husband and their young children like this.
Gosh, is this a new thing? Is she toying with the concept of self-deprication?

Editing: the attachment got lost. Jacko said that she could not recommend her ( rather crap) christmas she once had, including cans of Sainsbury's own brand lager.

Reactions: 5
She’s wheeled this one out again for a blue ticker. View attachment 296469
A while ago, Craig Parkinson was talking about possibly getting Jack on as a guest on his podcast (The Two Shot Podcast - it’s very good). I really hope that idea’s been quietly dropped, but if not it has the potential to be an absolute shitshow (a.k.a. essential listening) with Jack’s lies and ego running out of control.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.