Jack Monroe #96 Not that nice

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This may have already been mentioned...

I see that BBC have started a new live ‘magazine’ show for weekdays, they have a resident chef, Anna Haugh.

I see that’s another TV slot that our Jackie has missed out on, couldn’t have made a good impression on DKL (but we knew that already)

Reactions: 43
She is insinuating he is a Nazi and that he had the outfit at home ready to go. I went to a fancy dress party last year as Cruella De’vil and the outfit fit me properly because I went to a fancy dress shop and hired it! She is literally insane!
F14C2156-4635-4555-8079-EF4A13F78E0D.jpeg

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 35
Do you know, I actually think it’s worse That she doesn’t directly tag when she has mean things to say about other celebs. She’s basically bitching behind their back without giving them chance to defend themselves.
she’s spineless.

Reactions: 59
She is insinuating he is a Nazi and that he had the outfit at home ready to go. I went to a fancy dress party last year as Cruella De’vil and the outfit fit me properly because I went to a fancy dress shop and hired it! She is literally insane! View attachment 290777
Not to bring up our impending legal case yet again, but wasn’t the Sally Bercow Twitter case exactly this? SB has done the “oh wonder why X is trending!” Schtick implying he was a pedalo (I know that’ll auto correct). That lord won a LOT of money off SB, and then went for smaller Twitter profiles saying the same thing, I think he banded the damages so medium accounts paid like a grand and those with sub x followers had to make a £35 donation to a kids charity?

Anyway point being she should really know better, she’s probably reading here so will delete it almost instantly. Maybe someone should let PH’s people know, that cash could be a nice Christmas bonus for his PA 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 43
Do you know, I actually think it’s worse That she doesn’t directly tag when she has mean things to say about other celebs. She’s basically bitching behind their back without giving them chance to defend themselves.
she’s spineless.
She has probably forgotten most other celebs don’t do vanity searches for their own name on an hourly basis.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 54
By Jack's logic you can make a mistake, apologise for it, and then still be vilified and called out years later. Can you imagine the pile on she would instigate if someone reminded her of her previous mistakes. Like being a bleeping twatbag about a dead disabled child. You are a hypocritical bleep of the highest order Jack. Go find a job and stop pissing about on SM.

• Heart
Reactions: 59
Oh my goodness, I've just had a look at Ruby Tandoh's timeline to see if she had anything to say about it all and correct me if I'm wrong but it appears she and Jack are no longer following each other?!!!
This is hilarious! I know Ruby can be quite gobby but I actually really like her and think she is less like JM then some think. She has also definitely toned down the Twitter witch fits!

Her food and recipes are really good and her book Eat Up is actually brilliant. It's the kind of prose JM wishes she could write.

She also does a lot of quiet grassroots work and writes some really interesting food journo pieces on marginalised communities. Unlike our Mackie who thinks a pile on is activism.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 56
Yes Jack he is a literal Nazi, that’s why he has the armband on the wrong bleeping arm and probably more historical inaccuracies :rolleyes: The outfit looks quite thrown together and I’ve seen too many Karolina Zebrowska videos to presume it’s realistic. I don’t condone what he did, and don’t believe the era was an excuse knowing it wouldn’t have been acceptable even in the very white, very conservative place I lived in. But she’s verging on dangerous implying that there’s more to it than a stupid choice of costume

And the fact the story broke years ago! If it broke today and he hadn’t apologised, that’s understandable. If more photos or information had come out this morning, fine. This didn’t happen though. If only there were more important things to talk about, such as the FSMs situation, coronavirus, Brexit, even just having a whine about the government would be better than this

ETA saw @Veronicaaa ‘s comment about Bake Off, I don’t think that suggests that PH is a Nazi especially as it was the contestants making the mistakes? She’s grasping at straws there
To add to this, I'm pretty sure *actual* Nazis don't wear uniforms from nearly a century ago in full public view. It's a bit more insidious than that.

• Heart
Reactions: 66
This is hilarious! I know Ruby can be quite gobby but I actually really like her and think she is less like JM then some think. She has also definitely toned down the pile ond!

Her food and recipes are really good and her book Eat Up is actually brilliant. It's the kind of prose JM wishes she could write.

She also does a lot of quiet grassroots work and writes some really interesting food journo pieces on marginalised communities. Unlike our Mackie who thinks a pile on is activism
Yep and she's also VERY popular with the kind of left wing twitter that Jack pretends she speaks for.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
Yep and she's also VERY popular with the kind of left wing twitter that Jack pretends she speaks for.
Interesting you say this as absolutely no one from that Twitter engages with her, it’s like an unspoken yet universally acknowledged thing that she’s a major centrist / Tory adjacent head?

I can’t wait to see what comes of this Paul Hollywood stuff 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 42
To add to this, I'm pretty sure *actual* Nazis don't wear uniforms from nearly a century ago in full public view. It's a bit more insidious than that.
Ex-squeeze me, are you sneering at Jack’s lack of education? She spotted the far right resurgence years ago! She was going to go on a coach trip to a camp and everything!

• Haha
Reactions: 54
Yes Jack he is a literal Nazi, that’s why he has the armband on the wrong bleeping arm and probably more historical inaccuracies :rolleyes: The outfit looks quite thrown together and I’ve seen too many Karolina Zebrowska videos to presume it’s realistic. I don’t condone what he did, and don’t believe the era was an excuse knowing it wouldn’t have been acceptable even in the very white, very conservative place I lived in. But she’s verging on dangerous implying that there’s more to it than a stupid choice of costume
LOVE Karolina Zebrowska. :love:

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.