Jack Monroe #96 Not that nice

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I only went to a rough arsed (not ass) secondary modern school as I failed my 11 plus, but even we had music lessons where they played classical music. Though we only had a few records. I remember The Planets, Carnival of Animals, and one close to my heart, Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairy 😂 😂 😂

How did she go to a grammar school and take piano lessons and not listen to classical music?

I wouldn’t want to bring that awful TV show back but imagine the field day Jeremy Kyle would have with her. Constant, pointless lies

• Haha
Reactions: 41
I only went to a rough arsed (not ass) secondary modern school as I failed my 11 plus, but even we had music lessons where they played classical music. Though we only had a few records. I remember The Planets, Carnival of Animals, and one close to my heart, Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairy 😂 😂 😂

How did she go to a grammar school and take piano lessons and not listen to classical music?

I went to a distinctly average secondary and certainly heard a lot of classical. I still listen to it now - Night Tracks on BBC3 radio is my go to wind down.

It's not special or clever to listen to classical, it's what you prefer. Sometimes it's Rammstein, sometimes it's Mozart 🤟🤟

• Heart
Reactions: 43

Oh gosh, I've just had a flashback to Year 6, having to do interpretive dance to The Planets in the school hall in PE...I can smell the plimsolls now 😅

Regarding flashy words, Jack, we would like to defenestrate your slop recipies.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 55
Okay, so what's the consensus on a Twitter account that holds Jack to account?

Posting side by side tweets/facebook posts of her constant contradictions and never with her tagged in them, as contacting her directly would be breaking Tattle rules.

Hi Jack 👋 Your conscience is on its way to catch up with you.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 58

Posting side by side tweets/facebook posts of her constant contradictions and never with her tagged in them, as contacting her directly would be breaking Tattle rules.

I’d love this to work but I unfortunately don’t think it will. There was that coven account that was calling her out but didn’t seem to get anywhere.

• Heart
Reactions: 26

I remember my mum buying me the first of copy of a magazine( you know the ones that were a series back in the 90s and the first one was a pound and after that it was like a fiver) that had the planets on it. I loved it.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Agreed on snaffle, also can’t stand the word ‘boak’, made even worse by ‘big boak’ makes me want to do exactly that.

Neither are in the Essex vocab usually in my experience.
boak definitely of NI/Scots origin. She’s either picked it up from her NI mother. Or here 🤣

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 31
call me a conspiracy wanker, but I think she picks up words from her incygrunkas here and then uses them on twitter as some kind of gotcha. like, she's lying on a sideboard right now chuckling to herself that she's "winning" cos we know she's watching. 🥴

see also telling the same stories over and over and over again, like the only colleague you've been stuck with for the last seven months 😑 🙃

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 49
Jack was only allowed to play the works of Chas & Dave on an "old Joanna" reserved for the oiks who came to school in a van. Only the posh children were allowed classical music.
Jack's old man
Said "get in the van"
Or you can dilly dally on your way.
Off went the van
With Jack's brother in it,
She followed on
she walked home, init?
She dillied and dallied
dallied and dillied,
lost her way
that's when she learned to moan.
She can't trust her mettle
so she's begging for some shekel
as she finds her way home.

• Haha
Reactions: 59
boak definitely of NI/Scots origin. She’s either picked it up from her NI mother. Or here 🤣
She’ll be using boggin or bowfin next or at least she should be looking at her food concoctions

• Haha
Reactions: 27
It was jack herself wasn't it?
Yes, and then someone (I’m so sorry I’m not sure who), said she’s going to include a sticking plaster in a recipe!
Now that oor Jock’s mentioned it again it seems less like a joke and more like a terrifying possibility!

Reactions: 11
It's quite northern Irish but personally i don't use it for the same reasons. 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 11
call me a conspiracy wanker, but I think she picks up words from her incygrunkas here and then uses them on twitter as some kind of gotcha. like, she's lying on a sideboard right now chuckling to herself that she's "winning" cos we know she's watching. 🥴

see also telling the same stories over and over and over again, like the only colleague you've been stuck with for the last seven months 😑 🙃
I think you’re right, but God she’s hard to understand. Not sure why she thinks it’s clever/funny/intimidating or whatever? Reading your own thread is generally perceived as quite a sad thing to do and everyone else loves to deny it

Explains the 90 hour weeks though

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 34

I'm not sure it would work but if it does go ahead,I would say it absolutely cannot @Tweet her or get into slanging matches with the Jackolytes. It needs to be very much "just the facts ma'am".

Reactions: 20
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.