Jack Monroe #95 The only poverty she works to eradicate is her own

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So pre my realisation (which was when she decided to transition to a bloke) I was still following her/them (although that guardian article yesterday said she still used she/her pronouns even when trans) and she was talking about donating it to charity a loooot. I then unfollowed cos she was tweeting about every burp and fart whilst on T and it was too much, when I remembered she existed she was back to being a woman again and no mention of the charity cash anywhere online? Fraus on these threads said they remember her documenting her furniture buying frenzy, apparently she was being a head to next customer services too?
In her own words, she bought a sofa, went on holiday, paid back 'friends', says the judgement didn't cover the loss of wages (which to me is an admission she kept it all so she would be 'made whole') and also bought a carpet (WHY?? WHY WOULD YOU CARPET A RENTED HOUSE OUT YOUR OWN POCKET??). No mention of giving any of it to charity obvs.

Screen Shot 2020-10-27 at 08.05.12.png

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 46
Mwahahaha
Too short
Mwaaaa haaaa haaaa
How is this awkward for the poster in question? Hasn't Jack spent the past few days saying her stuff is being used by the 'wrong people' and that she's been the subject of abuse on account of it, and that's why she's no longer sharing the recipes, until it all dies down? Sounds a lot like being pilloried to me, so what's awkward about the person saying the same thing? Gah she's so stupid.

• Heart
Reactions: 43
In her own words, she bought a sofa, went on holiday, paid back 'friends', says the judgement didn't cover the loss of wages (which to me is an admission she kept it all so she would be 'made whole') and also bought a carpet (WHY?? WHY WOULD YOU CARPET A RENTED HOUSE OUT YOUR OWN POCKET??). No mention of giving any of it to charity obvs.

View attachment 289375
Only Monroe can attempt to paint a weekend getaway to Paris as a traumatic event.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 77
Does anyone know what happened to the royalties and her former agent?

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 16

View attachment 289375
You’ve got to give it to her: her PhDs might be fake, and her GCSEs fragmented, but she possesses a level of linguistic chicanery that few of us could dream of.

It’s quite a skill to openly admit that you spunked an enormous settlement on nothing and yet somehow allow people to believe that you gave it all to charity (so that you can continue being seen as one yourself).

Some would call it chutzpah. Others criminal.

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 73
Just read the guardian article. That bit about musty clothes... She's been watching "Parasite" hasn't she?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
I can't see the cost of the milk jug, fancy bowl, cutlery or anything on her recipe?!
Also the irony of showing an 8p recipe with the fancyness of a heart shaped bowl and a cute little milk jug (non-triangulated)

I don't quite know what to say about the fact that she's earning commission on the ingredients in her recipes though?
She’s coming across as so confused. Her whole schtick has been, “This is what I can make on £10 a week” and more recently her £20 a week cosplay. She’s been providing and making money out of these cheap recipes which is fine (except when she’s recently been pretending she’s on a budget) that’s been her thing. But now the argument on Twitter is that you can’t buy an egg for 2p or that sharing how to make a meal for 10p isn’t helpful, she suddenly doesn’t want her recipes shared. Only SHE can share them because for some reason she thinks her inconsistent back story must go hand-in-hand with these recipes. She’s backed herself into a corner and her argument now is all over the place.

• Heart
Reactions: 54
Does anyone know what happened to the royalties and her former agent?
According to her seminal work, Potatoes (as opposed to her semenal work, Lasagne), it took 3 years to get back "part" (unspecified) of what she was owed.

She also apparently lost 5 grand via phone hijacking last year. R Jackie just has no luck...

• Haha
Reactions: 56
I can't see the cost of the milk jug, fancy bowl, cutlery or anything on her recipe?!
Also the irony of showing an 8p recipe with the fancyness of a heart shaped bowl and a cute little milk jug (non-triangulated)

I don't quite know what to say about the fact that she's earning commission on the ingredients in her recipes though?
Oh the irony of showing an 8p recipe to help feed the poor out of the goodness of her heart..... I mean to earn her money.
Christ she's unbelievable. It's never for anyone else. It's always for her.
It's like donating a fiver to charity loudly and quietly asking for 4.99 in change.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 45

View attachment 289375
Omg love the receipts thank you!

Also the grip rods were very likely already there, and you’d probably spend more buying just one room of underlay than your fitter using theirs as they’ll buy it at trade? Even the banal gets lied about 😫

• Haha
Reactions: 30
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.