Jack Monroe #95 The only poverty she works to eradicate is her own

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I lost it at moist swine 😂😂

A couple of days ago I googled Pappa al Pomodoro when it came up somewhere to do with Jack, I was curious what it was. Found a recipe from THAT MAN that actually looks quite nice so I'm going to make it this weekend. I'm considering making a batch of his and a batch of Jack's and doing a compare and contrast...
You’re brave 🥺🤮

• Haha
Reactions: 15
The thing is though, that is literally exactly what she did. As a lesbian (and I mean no offence to our lady loving fraus), it wasn't an 'accidental' pregnancy. She had to go out there and do it with a man on purpose, with no plans for how she'd look after a child. She wanted one, she got one, and then wanted the benefit money to care for it, because she didn't want to keep working.
I don't think this is fair. People shag people for all sorts of reasons. We couldn't possibly know why she ended up between the sheets with this guy, or what her motivations were. I personally think young and horny are the most likely reasons. It's not uncommon for straight people to have same sex trysts in their youth, I'd imagine it's not unheard of to be the other way round too.

Reactions: 52
Dear Frauen und Herren, I just registered here, took me a while bc things move so fast in Jackland and on the boards but I have finally come up with an appropriate user name.
About me: first generation immigrant (Jack's words 😀) (hint: NOT from Syria or Iran), so apologies for a sometimes not so impeccable use of English.
I was, like many of you, impressed by Jack's body of work', although this does NOT refer to her pescaterian bodybuilding one.
Doubts crept in and started to smell fishy and I took a risk to have a look at those vile, vile people who talk about her so badly assuming I would find a hoard of men and women shouting "yucky lesbo" to realise that this is a group of erudite folk who are sick of her scammy crap. Red flags to me were her self-pity yet braggy ways, the luxuries she surrounds herself with and small things such as smug comments like "I chose well" in regards to co-parenting when SB's dad brings chippy tea. I too have lived in poverty various times and currently live a very very modest life. I always ask myself what the fu** she is cooking there!!??? You.do.not.cook.like.that if you are poor!!! She can't cook and she is not poor anymore.
I read Catherine Bennett's article on why we expect authenticity when we write about something. It was meant in Jack's defense but missed another point: she could simply be a campaigner and write budget cookery books. But as many Frauen and Herren pointed out- she is a self-entitled brat. I have some very specific guesses what Jack will do next but I don't really want to give her a script. Although mum Nigella will buy her a forever home.
The tipover point was trolleygate and the heating allowance woman. The latter made me cry at some point. She needs to be exposed.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 110
Jack really scored an own goal here with her £20 bullshitting. I did something similar a few years ago when I was young and naive.

In a college module I took, we had to do an exercise budgeting for different families. I was given the scenario the single mother of two living on benefits. I looked at the cheapest supermarkets and bought value/budget everything and really scraped the barrel. I was trying to have some money to spare in case of emergency things like the boiler breaking etc. I naively thought classmates would be impressed at how I'd managed to make a good budget etc .

It backfired on me spectacularly. The Tories in the class group couldn't believe it, "Wow, you're telling me that a single mum can get all that stuff, *and* still have extra cash to spare? We are spending way too much for people to have these benefits!" It made me realise how different groups of people think, and Jack played right into their hands with her cospov game.

• Heart
Reactions: 65
Hello frauen. I have been following since That Man and what a ride it has been. I never post, being all Grunka, all the time, but the recent return of the potato manifesto combined with manic pixie wtf has thrown up a new name for Our Jack in my chaos brain and I thought you might like it.

I humbly offer Jack Monroe: Scottish Potato Gamine, and will now return to awkward lurking. Thanks for your intelligence and comedic chops; you're all brilliant.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 74
She is really obsessed with how special and different she is because she has tattoos.

I mean...does she know many people of her own generation?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 65
So did you grow up in poverty or in a stable loving home Jackanory? Pick a story and stick to it FFS.

ETA 90 hours a week spaffing about on Twitter and reading Tattle is not classed as work.
Or trips to Edinburgh. Or afternoons sunbathing. Or afternoons in the hammock. Or afternoons spent taking selfies and then improving the result with facetune. Or..........

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 57
  • Heart
Reactions: 62
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.