Jack Monroe #94 It’s okay Jack, others have taken up the baton

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Particularly liked the “we need to feed the security guards because of your questioning” angle, to say, how lovely life would be in this security guard-free utopia of politicians not being held to account whilst receiving endless hand-outs as children starve on the street.
Hideous - isn’t it? Makes me :mad::mad::mad:

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 33
Hideous - isn’t it? Makes me :mad::mad::mad:
Yep. Just goes to show that, no matter the social standing and relative success of even the most prosperous of people, a total disregard for the less fortunate can be found and victimhood claimed.

Reactions: 37
For once I think she is doing the right thing, stepping off twitter and letting M,R and his followers get on with their good work.
But she's not doing it out of the goodness of her heart but rather because she's tried to insert herself into it and no one is listening. So it's less right thing and more slamming the door on your way to your bedroom.

• Heart
Reactions: 62
Have I got this right? She's a self professed anti poverty activist, though I can't think of anything recent or rlevant she's done, the school meals issue is to my mind THE anti poverty campaign that has gained the most widespread recognition and traction in years, but she's too tired to talk about it and instead needs to take a break? Whilst at the same time also working with Marcus Rashford, but in a secret behind the scenes way that she can't tell anyone about?

In all seriousness though, if she is in a dark place mentally, I hope that she does take a proper break to get herself healthy again.

• Heart
Reactions: 63
What irrelevant shite will she tweet about today.
She was definitely up all night raging. But not about the starving kids because, quite frankly who gives a duck about them, it's not about herrrrrr.
Morning all. Others may have said this (doing my morning grunka here) but where was this overnight raging? Other than two tweets, I can’t see anything since yesterday afternoon’s “I’ve got the lists!!!” 🤔
My money’s on a full rage at some point today, interspersed with (other) irrelevant bollocks about, oh I don’t know, everyone’s Top 3 favourite stock cube flavours?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 44
Marcus has done an amazing thing. His football fame will also mean people outside of twitter are aware of his endeavour and I saw loads of posts on my Spotted [insert village or town name here] pages on Facebook offering food, support etc. He’s made action happen and also inspired others to give and it us sweeping across the country NOW while kids are hungry NOW. I’m really impressed. Meaningful action NOW. Not hot air, not lists, not “behind the scenes input since 2014”, not self-promoting sad-fishing.

• Heart
Reactions: 67
Can I also add this.

I work in a school (triangulate me!) in what is considered an affluent area, dig a bit deeper and its not, loads of zero hour minimum wage contracts etc. As a school we have been giving out gift cards/vouchers for places like tesco, Iceland etc.

If you get one from your local school, or are asked if you would like one, please use it, or say yes. It has been budgeted for.

Look on it another way, its in our interests for pupils to achieve well, and they do much better if they aren't hungry. So you are helping us by having them.

And I love Marcus! Unlike Jack, he has lived the life and totally gets it.

Now duck off, my daughter and her partner are finally getting married today at the third attempt so I won't have time to do much in here for a few hours

• Heart
Reactions: 102
Yikes just realised that other’s doesn’t need a possessive apostrophe. The shame! I will try and get this changed 😂
I have actually emailed websites to complain about errant apostrophes. I suspect this makes me a dick, but it is IMPORTANT. See also the Oxford Comma.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 38
Can I also add this.

I work in a school (triangulate me!) in what is considered an affluent area, dig a bit deeper and its not, loads of zero hour minimum wage contracts etc. As a school we have been giving out gift cards/vouchers for places like tesco, Iceland etc.

If you get one from your local school, or are asked if you would like one, please use it, or say yes. It has been budgeted for.

Look on it another way, its in our interests for pupils to achieve well, and they do much better if they aren't hungry. So you are helping us by having them.

Now duck off, my daughter and her partner are finally getting married today at the third attempt so I won't have time to do much in here for a few hours
Awww, all the best for them today!

• Heart
Reactions: 31
Can I also add this.

Oh have the best day! ❤❤❤

• Heart
Reactions: 29
I have actually emailed websites to complain about errant apostrophes. I suspect this makes me a dick, but it is IMPORTANT. See also the Oxford Comma.
Do you use the Oxford comma for letters, emails, and notes?
Or do you not use the Oxford comma because you think it’s archaic, unnecessary and annoying?
😂
I’m so with you on the possessive apostrophes - I blame autocorrect for my blunder this morning 🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 47
But she's not doing it out of the goodness of her heart but rather because she's tried to insert herself into it and no one is listening. So it's less right thing and more slamming the door on your way to your bedroom.
The sad thing is, she did actually draw attention to food banks in her famous years (as a poster girl for the deserving poor, but overall a good thing)
and I think she recently did raise money for the Trussel Trust.

But she's never changed her narrative, and doesn't even think she should. She is like a 21st century Miss Haversham in Viv Westwood (RIP).

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 45

I spotted this, and wondered if it was helpful?
this seems really helpful, as the products and brand etc are specified, along with their usual price. Not “get some decaying chicken livers from the yellow sticker shelf”. Also it’s chewable, tasty meals that most children will find inoffensive. TAKE NOTES JACK

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 42
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.