Jack Monroe #94 It’s okay Jack, others have taken up the baton

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
No one should go to Jack for budgeting or food advice. She’s tit at both!
No one should go to jack for anything full stop, she's rubbish with food, rubbish with pets, rubbish with money, rubbish at photography, rubbish with photoshop, rubbish with relationships, rubbish at writing, rubbish at presenting, rubbish with technology, the only thing she succeeds at is grifting and i am not sure that is totally above board

• Haha
Reactions: 33
From the (exaggerated) stack of letters I’d bet she’s been buying up a lot of stuff on credit. 😬 if she’s in a bad financial situation she only has herself to blame. She’s had many well paying career opportunities, large lump sums and multiple income streams. she is not worthy of anyone’s charity.
The envelope on the left and the others with a blue font are her Barclays statement. I have hundreds of these before I chose to go paperless. They're not bills. The Vanquis card one is a promo for a Vanquis card. They aren't all bills Jack.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 49
Seems very convenient that the 'cousin'/'cousin's wife' has been foreshadowed and then appears again just as the dramatic climax of Act 2 approaches.

And naturally, the person couldn't possibly like either of her parents - simply had to call them arseholes.

Almost as though it was their daughter writing it...

• Wow
Reactions: 35
how the duck is she twisting it to make herself the victim? I don't know how many time it has been said here, and on other places, her pretend living off a tiny budget is harmful to people who really are on a tiny budget, and she never says anything when some Jackolyte posts to thank her for showing the poor how to budget..

I can see her bleeping strategy, because she uses it all the time when she misreads the room.

First, morph into Inane Jack and questions about best ever sweeties, or cats v dogs poll. Next Manic Pixie Jack causing chaos, tee hee hee, then Sad, very sad Jack with her asd, adhd, RA, ptsd and 'I used to be poor, very poor'. Finally, when she has Judged her duck up has been forgotten, there is angry Jack bravely attacking the trolls, tories, anyone who questions her narrative etc.

Every. bleeping. Time. It is Iike she has a tick list.
Love this comment, it’s true she does seem to have set phases. She’s horrible, she seems like a real life, visible and proud, manipulative supervillain that one only ever reads or hears secondhand about. Like the dishonest, manipulating ex or mother-in-law, or power hungry work colleague he’ll bent on bleeping everyone else over. In this role, she just doesn’t give a tit about the size of the lies, who might be affected by them or even that there are gaping contradictions, she only cares that her egotistical cravings are satisfied. The manipulation, that’s the most shocking thing, it’s not often they are seen in the wild but she doesn’t even give a tit about that, she’s brazen. Just a total fucker, now fighting for her imagined career, we might thus far only have seen the tip of the iceberg..

• Heart
Reactions: 39
The envelope on the left and the others with a blue font are her Barclays statement. I have hundreds of these before I chose to go paperless. They're not bills. The Vanquis card one is a promo for a Vanquis card. They aren't all bills Jack.
yeah and surprised for all the white paper envelopes there isn’t a single brown paper one off HMRC? Any director of a limited company will have a few of those floating about if they hadn’t opened their mail in months 🥴

ETA: Oh wait I’m a head sorry there are brown envelopes. Oh dear heart <girl u in danger.gif>

Attachments

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 42
Sorry to go off topic (and shout out to the food and drink thread come over there for a chat!) but please ask your uni about financial aid / crisis grants, I know it’s a daunting prospect but honestly they have budget set aside to help students and your circumstances more than warrant it! I used it at uni for far less legit circumstances than you (train fare was ruinous tbh, they price anything to London at business man rates) and they were SO lovely, kind, non judgmental. I thought they’d be like oh but you dared to have a takeaway February 3rd 😡 but they really weren’t. It’s in their best interests you thrive, they literally have budget for it, and I was told (back in the day) that there were so few low income students that usually they ended up not even spending the money set aside for them so do not feel funny about doing this x also well done / good luck with uni you smart frau xx
Thanks my love, I had thought about it actually but my whole life is in boxes at the moment so when I’m finally settled I will definitely look into it further. I’m also thinking about talking to my course leader about taking a week off just to reset (tit, I sound like Jack 😖) as everything is a bit overwhelming at the moment. Thank you for your kind words ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 47
no one should be donating to the Jack Monroe charity, it’s criminal that she’s even asking. Her poor decisions are on her.

We saw that the fan recently had donated £20 so could put pressure on her to return it, but what about the others? Is there no transparency at all with the Tip Jar feature? And I see she’s turned off the Patron total so we can’t see her monthly income like you can with some others. Why are you hiding it Jack?

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 53
I googled 'jack Monroe cousin reddit' and this post from @PoorPatrol came up.
View attachment 287036
Tried to Google 'jack Monroe david Cameron reddit' and there are a few posts but I can't see all of the comments without an account.
Ooh yes, was reminded of this when the cousin Tweet surfaced. My thoughts were that it sounded like the same person, I’m pretty sure they said they no longer lived in England and that the mums were related, which made me think they might be in NI. I’ll see later if I can find it again. I don’t have Reddit, but had just clicked and clicked and clicked my way down the rabbit hole on a thread about her and David Cameron. I can’t remember exactly what was said, not much, but something about the way it’s written made me feel like it is the same person.

Reactions: 20
no one should be donating to the Jack Monroe charity, it’s criminal that she’s even asking. Her poor decisions are on her.

We saw that the fan recently had donated £20 so could put pressure on her to return it, but what about the others? Is there no transparency at all with the Tip Jar feature? And I see she’s turned off the Patron total so we can’t see her monthly income like you can with some others. Why are you hiding it Jack?
quoted myself to add that I’ve just investigated the tip jar link and it’s alarmingly easy to give whatever you want with no information at all. I hoped it was a bit like a crowd fund where you see the previous donations.
There is an option to report the use of the PayPal donations feature, has anyone done it before?

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 21
Sorry to go off topic (and shout out to the food and drink thread come over there for a chat!) but please ask your uni about financial aid / crisis grants, I know it’s a daunting prospect but honestly they have budget set aside to help students and your circumstances more than warrant it! I used it at uni for far less legit circumstances than you (train fare was ruinous tbh, they price anything to London at business man rates) and they were SO lovely, kind, non judgmental. I thought they’d be like oh but you dared to have a takeaway February 3rd 😡 but they really weren’t. It’s in their best interests you thrive, they literally have budget for it, and I was told (back in the day) that there were so few low income students that usually they ended up not even spending the money set aside for them so do not feel funny about doing this x also well done / good luck with uni you smart frau xx
Want to second this - my uni were amazingly helpful when I was there as a single parent. Did wonders for my entitlement and, when I then went to the council with loads of information, they were all surprised too (to be fair to them, I am not in an area that has any tertiary education outlets to speak of and they just didn’t know about processing mature student applications that are also single parents). Pertinent to this, they told me they have a pot of hardship cash they must spend at all costs as they get it matched plus a bit extra the next year...what doesn’t get spent is effectively lost next time round.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
Snip from MR’s tweet about abuse targeted at women. Our friend is playing up to this with her look-at-me tweets.

If you’ve arrived via Google and are here out of curiosity to read about the abuse someone faces, check out this individual’s history. This lovely canal of hausfraus (and herrs) has followed her exploits closely this year, screenshotted her tweets which were later deleted and pointed out the general whackadoodle batshittery in her content.

Her feed is a carefully curated exercise in self promotion and if she is in debt, she only has her self to blame as she lives well beyond her means.

I came here after reading her tweets in disbelief. I’d followed her since her Girl Called Jack blog, was horrified at the hardships she allegedly faced. I bought her books and even donated one to our local foodbank. Hate to admit that I was taken in by her story. I was a mug.

Reading this latest guff, I’d say to her - get some help from your prosperous parents and step away from SM. Your pity posts are beyond the pale. The footballer has mobilised people to step up and help and you haven’t.

Morning preach over. Sorry cabal, had to vent 🧐

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 48
Guys I know we get made out to be obsessive saddos, and as I sit here counting brown slithers amongst the white mass I concede to that criticism, but I’ve found 11 possible HMRC letters. It’s actually made my armpits a bit sweaty as messing up ours (accidentally obvs) and becoming a prison wifey is my only fear in life, this is a haunted image!! Jack you’re gonna be doing the most authentique of Ruby Rose cosplays please open those brown letters 😭 Not that we really give a duck as she’s a thieving ninny but still ELEVEN!!!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 44
View attachment 287070View attachment 287071View attachment 287072View attachment 287073Select few replies from her Insta. Special mention to the person who compliments her and says she's been going through chemo. Jack's reply? A whole essay about HERSELF and not so much as a hope you're doing well after the treatment, nada
I am screaming into the void!

a) in my humble opinion it is wrong for someone who says they go to AA to say they have been sober for two years except for a “small relapse” (I mean what the duck is that? As soon as you take the first drink you’ve relapsed, just because you weren’t on a two-week bender doesn’t mean it counts less). I didn’t get sober at the first attempt and was in and out of AA for about two years before I stopped drinking but I’ll just add those two years on, they weren’t all life or death binges. She opened the AA door but continues to say stuff that goes against what AA is all about. I hate to think people who are thinking about going to AA take onboard what she says.

b) the reply to the person with cancer just sums her up. Absolutely no care for anyone, no manners, no empathy. What a horrible, horrible person she is.

I shall remember this weekend the next time I have a spell of self-hatred or think life is too tough - it could be worse, I could be her...

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 80
From the (exaggerated) stack of letters I’d bet she’s been buying up a lot of stuff on credit. 😬 if she’s in a bad financial situation she only has herself to blame. She’s had many well paying career opportunities, large lump sums and multiple income streams. she is not worthy of anyone’s charity.
She rakes in more through Patreon a month than my husband earns working 40 hours + a week on minimum wage.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 60
Agree about My Frugal Year, her book is a really good tool too.

I don’t think there’s a single person on here who isn’t pissed off (understatement) with Jack, even more so at the moment. She’s awful, truly awful. I’m on ESA and have been for about 4 years for real diagnosed conditions (take note Jack) I’ve recently been diagnosed with a mental disorder
Schizophrenia
and I’ve gone back to University to try and get a decent job in my field when I’m done. The point is, I’m so ridiculously skint at the moment, I can’t pay all my bills - which is messing with my mental health a bit, which in turn is affecting my studies AND I’m trying to move house but not once have I used any of that as an excuse. I’ve not asked anyone for help, I’m trying to work it out myself and I’ve still donated food to food banks because there are plenty that need it more than me.

Then I look at Jack pretending to be ill and poor and I just want to spit, she angers me so much. I have less than £20 a week to spend on food at the moment but I have a good base, herbs, spices etc and I eat as bloody well as I can but it’s not enough to live on long term. Things need replacing along the way, then what? I’m vegetarian, I have 3 cats, I share 2 weekly custody of my 17 year old daughter with her dad and she eats us both out of house and home bless her 😂 Jack is a bleeping idiot for promoting this, she hates poor people - she must do to do this.

So sorry for the long me me me rant, I just needed to vent. As you were Frausters (not to be confused be fraudsters -see also: Jack Monroe).
Just wanted to pipe up and agree with the others. In the first instance, I would drop an email to your tutor if you need a bit of a break just to recalibrate, you don’t have to tell them anything about your medical history or go into detail if you don’t feel comfortable. Then speak to the university and tell them about your circumstances and ask how best to access financial support. There are so many different loans and grants available, and they should have a dedicated support system/team who can guide you through your options. I’ve done similar before but was different time/uni/circumstances so not sure the exact process for you. One thing I’m sure of, is that they will want to be helpful to you. ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 33
I am screaming into the void!

a) in my humble opinion it is wrong for someone who says they go to AA to say they have been sober for two years except for a “small relapse” (I mean what the duck is that? As soon as you take the first drink you’ve relapsed, just because you weren’t on a two-week bender doesn’t mean it counts less). I didn’t get sober at the first attempt and was in and out of AA for about two years before I stopped drinking but I’ll just add those two years on, they weren’t all life or death binges. She opened the AA door but continues to say stuff that goes against what AA is all about. I hate to think people who are thinking about going to AA take onboard what she says.

b) the reply to the person with cancer just sums her up. Absolutely no care for anyone, no manners, no empathy. What a horrible, horrible person she is.

I shall remember this weekend the next time I have a spell of self-hatred or think life is too tough - it could be worse, I could be her...
She's also had more than one "small relapse". There was the one a couple of weeks ago which she told twitter about and but she's also said she's had a few 'slips' previously to that. I can't actually remember where but even in the article she wrote about her one year sober she admits as much.

Screen Shot 2020-10-25 at 08.11.13.png

Last edited:
  • Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 42
Guys I know we get made out to be obsessive saddos, and as I sit here counting brown slithers amongst the white mass I concede to that criticism, but I’ve found 11 possible HMRC letters. It’s actually made my armpits a bit sweaty as messing up ours (accidentally obvs) and becoming a prison wifey is my only fear in life, this is a haunted image!! Jack you’re gonna be doing the most authentique of Ruby Rose cosplays please open those brown letters 😭 Not that we really give a duck as she’s a thieving ninny but still ELEVEN!!!
Mate, mate!! Every time I get a brown letter I start having palpitations, and have to open it immediately. It’s never anything bad, Cos I’m an upstanding citizen obvs, but they make me go weird. Jack just get your paid admin, who seems to do absolutely duck all, to open your letters you bleeping idiot!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 44
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.