Jack Monroe #93 I can’t believe she’s no butter

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It’s okay Jack, you’re 2 days too late to get involved, get yourself on TV.
It’s bleeping embarrassing, does Marcus even know who she is?
This is literally her so called ‘brand’ and she didn’t manage to get any media out of it. Although I imagine lots of that is actually to do with DKL and being underprepared and terrible. They aren’t going to book you for a news spot on that basis are you. Especially with your unreliable phone, internet etc.

Jack, the £20 has not convinced anyone with half a brain that you are still poor! Just because your hapless followers believe doesn’t mean anyone who has any relevance does.

I’d rather she had stayed quiet on this. Suddenly becoming interested because she’s not been involved has really fucked me off. So insincere.

Reactions: 41
You mean it's messing you up that someone isn't just all up in your self appropriated niche, they've out stripped and outshone everything you've done in a decade of wailing and gnashing and pissing about on Twitter in a matter of weeks.

Go back to your Dib Dab and Mom's new book Jack, you're not needed dear heart.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 49
It’s her own fault. She has fundamentally misread the mood, mainly because she is so massively self-centred that, if she can’t make a situation about her, then she simply doesn’t get it. (See also her article about Tanzania).

Reactions: 43
JM is likely to rattle the wrong cage one of these days, remember celebrity psychiatrist Raj Persaud when he upset the Scientologists, they had people examining everything he had ever written until they got something to disgrace him. Others would not need to dig so deep for JM.

edited to correct Raj's profession

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 27
Bizarre she’s not got anything to say about her apparent work with Marcus & Fairshare? Not even a nice little tweet congratulating them...

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 51
You mean it's messing you up that someone isn't just all up in your self appropriated niche, they've out stripped and outshone everything you've done in a decade of wailing and gnashing and pissing about on Twitter in a matter of weeks.

Go back to your Dib Dab and Mom's new book Jack, you're not needed dear heart.
No free meals for children in poverty!
Yeah but she can do that thing where you measure furniture with your eyes.

• Haha
Reactions: 43
It’s her own fault. She has fundamentally misread the mood, mainly because she is so massively self-centred that, if she can’t make a situation about her, then she simply doesn’t get it. (See also her article about Tanzania).
I think possibly it's because she doesn't have much / any experience in the FSM sphere. I'm not doubting food banks / the spell in 2012, but I think in terms of the complexities of free school meals, she's not particularly well versed? I could be wrong.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
JM is likely to rattle the wrong cage one of these days, remember celebrity psychologist Raj Persaud when he upset the Scientologists, they had people examining everything he had ever written until they got something to disgrace him. Others would not need to dig so deep for JM.

OK one of us has to get on Twitter and goad her into attacking Scientology.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 39
honestly, "I've got the list" what list? are they going on your list of enemies?? what are you going to do with said list, given that you're stepping away? 🥴

• Haha
Reactions: 28
I mean, Krishnan definitely isn't.
I’m *really* tired and brain foggy so my reading comprehension might not be up to much. But I think KGM’s tweet possibly didn’t caveat things the way eg Nigella’s did & so came across as charity being an acceptable replacement for policy. I think Jack’s response wasn’t wrong it was just incomplete because she’s reactionary and not good at putting much light & shade into a single tweet hence her endless tweet threads and scathing essays. She should also have shown both sides of the coin and didn’t so isn’t any better than KGM on that score really. Twitter isn’t a great place for political discourse sometimes because of the character limit.

However she can’t spend half of today tidying up saying it’s all too much for her then decide actually she will join in a bit oh no back to tidying now. I see why she targeted the politician she did as she’s specifically meant to protect children, but it’s all so half hearted & shouting into the (2 day old) void; what I’m trying to say badly is Jack’s always trying to say things but doing it badly too!

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 50
honestly, "I've got the list" what list? are they going on your list of enemies?? what are you going to do with said list, given that you're stepping away? 🥴
She has a particular set of skills.

• Haha
Reactions: 33
PLACE YOUR BETS NOW

Will Jack's lack of action this week be based on...

a) being hounded by trolls
b) autism
c) ADHD
d) being the only person in the history of the world to have both b) and c)
e) Tories
f) She left.
g) Asda Smart Price got too expensive so now she has no money to be an activist
h) Burn out
i) Ouchy mouth

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 79
She's probably upset because not one blue ticker (apart from Kirsty who was calling her out) has tagged her in any tweets on this at all.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 45
I’m *really* tired and brain foggy so my reading comprehension might not be up to much. But I think KGM’s tweet possibly didn’t caveat things the way eg Nigella’s did & so came across as charity being an acceptable replacement for policy. I think Jack’s reaction wasn’t wrong it was just incomplete because she’s reactionary and not good at putting much light & shade into a single tweet hence her endless tweet threads and scathing essays. She should also have shown both sides of the coin and didn’t so isn’t any better than KGM on that score really. Twitter isn’t a great place for political discourse sometimes because of the character limit.

However she can’t spend half of today tidying up saying it’s all too much for her then decide actually she will join in a bit oh no back to tidying now. I see why she targeted the politician she did as she’s specifically meant to protect children, but it’s all so half hearted & shouting into the (2 day old) void; what I’m trying to say badly is Jack’s always trying to say things badly too!
She doesn't seem suitable for this sort of job. She can throw up cheap recipie ideas but she doesn't seem to be able to keep up with the constant work required for proper activism.

She really should just get herself a week job in a local shop or something something relatively stress free and all she has to do is man the till and stock a few shelves.

Reactions: 25
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.