Jack Monroe #93 I can’t believe she’s no butter

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My daughter’s school has just sent supermarket vouchers for half term despite it coming out of their budget. I feel a bit guilty using it but even an extra £15 to the shop is much appreciated.

According to some people, I should look to JM and do a £20 week shop and stop complaining. The money spent on toilet paper after a week of her recipes would surely negate any savings?!
Please use them, and don't feel guilty

• Heart
Reactions: 47
There is one thing that I do find perplexing. If her father does own various properties that he rents out, why does he not rent one to his daughter? Surely it makes sense to keep the rent money within the family. Why feather the nest of another landlord? Or does he only rent out more modest sized two and three bedroomed homes, not fit for the likes of Jack?
It’s also possible that the property empire is not that huge. Maybe some of it was mortgaged and needed to be sold off. And it would I guess have been divided among the family, so also Jack’s uncles/aunts on her dad’s side. Whatever Jack’s dad inherited, she’s probably going to have to wait a while for it (her parents are only mid 50’s), and then it will be divided probably between at least the 4 siblings, and possibly even between grandkids as well. So Jack may not end up getting that much, if anything, and she may be in her 70’s by that time.
I could also imagine that it might be tricky letting a property to a relative - they might be less likely to keep up payments if they think they can try it on.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
I’m just grunkaing so I don’t know where this will land but I feel like there is so much hard evidence about what Jack has done/failed to do and is still doing/is failing to do that there’s no need for conjecture. Without wishing to moderate of course. I think boundaries are easily crossed when she’s quiet and we fill the space up with ‘what might be’ scenarios and we can’t pat ourselves on the back comparative to other threads if that happens. That’s why it was good when we had bum mints and willy mash while she fucked off for a nap.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 74
Why would you have to work secretly on something like this? Ridiculous.
It's a secret to everyone including Marcus Rashford.

I agree. Also, I just don’t believe that she punched her brother or kicked a stranger in the shins. I think she’s lying to sound...cool? Hard? Riot girl feminist? In real life, I don’t think she’d say boo to a goose
Which is not to say she's harmless, she's more of an emotional manipulator. (sorry for all the posts, just catching up).

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 46
I agree.the way she treated that poor kitten as a photo opportunity was shockIng

but I don't think she was being deliberately cruel, just so caught upon her weird little fantasy of being a cat saviour she blocked out the obvious. And her so called friend of the a plus pass for kitty is also culpable.

I also believe she would never deliberately hurt her son.
I know what you mean about not being deliberately cruel, but narcissism can drive people to behaviour which does hurt those around them.

I fully believe she doesn't do it intentionally, her family, pets, followers, etc, will just be collateral damage. It's a lack of empathy. So if you can get "likes" for a funny or tragic story that may humiliate someone and cause psychological harm, you tell it anyway because those "likes" from strangers mean more than the people around you being hurt.

Like the food bank video earlier. I am sure she didn't mean to devastate her family when she said that biscuits from a food bank made her realise that someone felt she was human (or words to that effect). The casual listener may be shocked to learn that in fact she has loving, supportive parents and family who, from what she says, did what they could to give her a comfortable upbringing and a start in life and are supportive to this day (apart from her brother)

The damage narcs inflict is not always due to deliberate cruelty, but because they say and do the most callous, cruel things without thinking of anything other than feeding the narc beast within.

• Heart
Reactions: 44
View attachment 285150View attachment 285151View attachment 285155View attachment 285157You being ungracious? Never. Also, little bit tone deaf to essentially moan about how much stuff you have and space to mess about in, let alone the time to do so.View attachment 285161View attachment 285163
I know there are much more important things to discuss today, but doesn‘t this totally contrast her “military around the edges” comments?
first seen here -
(images to compare and contrast)
CD3EB923-B9E5-46AB-81B0-D890B3E44A15.jpeg
33B6660D-698B-4D0C-AACA-100986F86D02.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
I’m just grunkaing so I don’t know where this will land but I feel like there is so much hard evidence about what Jack has done/failed to do and is still doing/is failing to do that there’s no need for conjecture. Without wishing to moderate of course. I think boundaries are easily crossed when she’s quiet and we fill the space up with ‘what might be’ scenarios and we can’t pat ourselves on the back comparative to other threads if that happens. That’s why it was good when we had bum mints and willy mash while she fucked off for a nap.
I think we're also quite lucky in that Jack does a chaos at least 3 or 4 times a week, and there's always some utter bullshit on her Twitter worth chatting about on the in-between days. Other threads have much less material to work with and so they turn to crazed conspiracy theories which just end up getting nasty and strange.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 41
IMG_20201023_174120.png

Her own writing is so powerful and emotive it keeps her awake at night.

Edit: tit, beaten to it!

Stepping back from the conversation = Friday night twitter chaos?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 61
Thanks everyone who replied ❤ I think you are right about SB especially given the fact that he has another family who would spot that sort of thing right away. It's hard to not see warning signs when you've lived that experience yourself and it does make you question everything.

The food thing concerns me a lot though. Deliberately feeding her child low welfare low quality meat whilst she eats the higher quality stuff is very selfish and a bit disturbing. If indeed it is true. Her actions mess with your head because she can be so vague.

• Heart
Reactions: 38
I had to step back ‘Cos I got the eye wets when I emotively emoted myself. Bore off, Jack!

Nobody asked you, you’ve got nothing of substance to add, thankyou 🤚🏻

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 43
I hadn’t thought of it that way, but you’re so right. And without wanting to totally undo your important point about back-patting, posts like yours here are why I really love reading these threads. There‘s so many points that open my eyes, challenge my perspective, or just make me think “oh, I hadn’t thought of it that way”. And it’s happening now, as I remind myself never to get complacent about things.
Now duck off! x

• Heart
Reactions: 36
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.