Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Spanner

Chatty Member
Spanner, respectfully I say that if Jack was to apply for and achieve a job at Asda or any supermarket she must not be humiliated to be seen

This is for two reasons, mainly that there is no shame (I'm guessing you didn't mean that anyway but were talking about her likely reaction.)

Second reason is that she could take the lead, profess how pleased she is to have a job and how she always said her back up plan was supermarket work and she's looking forward starting.

Though her personality is not my cup of tea (I'd run a mile), she can clearly charm the birds out of trees, on good days
Yes, she can charm the birds out the trees, that was kind of my point. And it *could* work for her. I was being sarcastic but maybe that didn’t come across

For the avoidance of doubt, I don’t think supermarket work is humiliating, I’ve done it myself. I don’t think any work is humiliating at all. Some jobs are not what people dream about as a kid but it’s great to earn your own money if you can.

I was following the tabloid narrative of Katie Jarvis (I looked her name up - Fishtank, Eastenders) when the papers got to print photos of her working in B&M, go “wow, what happened to her then” and then all the blue tick actors leap to her defence & talk about the jobs they had waitressing, cleaning, stacking shelves etc. A weeks work and then getting to bask in the kind words of the famous. And then she could say working there was a security concern and she had to step down. I mean, I was only making a joke, but it’s definitely “an angle”

• Heart
Reactions: 26

For the truth

I wish someone had pointed out yesterday what a hypocrite she is to accept charidee in the form of tip jar donations and patreon dolla (sorry but the patreons get fuck all in return - we all know it) but castigate someone else for suggesting it in relation to feeding hungry children.
We could just say thank you Jack, for everything you have done. The baton from this intolerable dirge has been passed on and you can take some time out knowing the strife is in new hands. You can even get a job! we’re so happy you are FREE,

• Haha

Oofadoofa

VIP Member
Jack/her publisher could provide free copies of the book 🤷🏽‍♀️
WOAH WOAH WOAH, slow down a second there. I mean, even taking into account the ‘thousands’ that Monroe has already given away, one gets the feeling that you mean, like, really give away - as in, with no money whatsoever going directly to Monroe. To say, well, things are bad but if you really, REALLY think about it, they’re not *that* bad...

• Haha

Veronicaaa

VIP Member
i saw this on twitter and thought 'yes! it's only a matter of time before twitter people discover Jack's depressing slop and extremely dangerous Tory-validating message' but then i read the reply. i despair.

but it does show that people don't really pay much attention to her because if they did they'd realise that that shopping list could easily have been what she carried with her sad frail little body last sunday (In TWO TRIPS cos she's POOR)
It could have been her shopping list but it also could have been the list of ingredients in any of her recipes.
ETA except for the fact that it's actually a bit more honest and lists the price for a bag rather than a portion of rice / pasta / whatever.

Reactions: 25

Bugger13

VIP Member
This is such a mic-drop moment, it’s beautiful. Can’t find the tweet in Monroe’s Twitter though, has she deleted it? And it would have been just perfect to be a fly on the wall in her house, witnessing the rage...
No, she can’t hide it as it was Kirsty’s reply! In answer to her tweet if you click on that.

Reactions: 25