Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Lanie

VIP Member
I seriously struggle with the fact that someone with her following and booksales, deals and stints on TV that she is struggling. I mean I honestly have never seen, read or heard about any other person like her and done any of the roles she has done moan about being skint., ( Whilst still active " interrupt how you see fit" in that role)

Normally after a while the work dried up and they wander off into pastures new, but she is still "around" yet has to live like a pauper. Ok she give out some recipies for free but she does sell things and get money other ways so why is she still sooo poor.

Tightening your belt is ok, but by rights she should still be able to live like an ordinary working person with an income.. if it's because she is freelance she should have money set aside for rainy days. It makes no sense at all....
I honestly think it would be decent off her to donate some money to Marcus thingy because if her and her kid truly know what hunger feels like you would do your upmost to ensure no child feels it.

She could take it out of her milk man money and buy her milk from the local shop like the rest of us. It's cheaper and tastes mostly the same youre paying only for the convenience.

Reactions: 24

ChickenDipper99

Monroe, hard at 'work' again - getting others to find information she wants to later claim as her own. And note how MR hasn't been tagged in on something that could reasonably be described as his baby, she's not aiding him she's competing with him.
If she was working with Rashford and involved in campaigns, she'd know this surely!

Reactions: 24

Blurp

VIP Member
honestly, "I've got the list" what list? are they going on your list of enemies?? what are you going to do with said list, given that you're stepping away? 🥴
She could maybe do what Uncle Matthew did in Nancy Mitford's The Pursuit of Love: write down the names on a piece of paper and stick them in drawers as a sort of magical working - she has enough spare sideboard drawers, I should think.

• Haha
Reactions: 23

Spanner

Chatty Member
I have read a few other threads. I don’t really follow many of the traditional type of influencers so I don’t know who most people are. And the whole mummy blogger thing has passed me by as I don’t have children. Some of the threads were vicious. Lots of criticism about appearances, what shit parents they are, how boring their feed is. I don’t know why they don’t just stop following the people that annoy them.

I know who Brummy Mummy of 2 is because people I know irl are always commenting on her stuff on Facebook (& wow, they love her). I don’t find her lifestyle aspirational to me at all, so I don’t follow her. It feels like a much easier way to go about things. Also, Lily Pebbles seems to get it in the neck a lot for being boring - just unfollow her! And people getting furious and writing to companies that send her gifts, saying “why didn’t you send it to a nurse?” like she’s somehow getting a present for being her, rather than just as some publicity for the product

I think it’s different when someone is actively grifting and rattling a tip jar at people worse off (& faking black eyes; my god, that photo makes me hoot up a lung) But then again, I would say that, wouldn’t I? No one wants to think they’re the mean girl.

• Heart

live laugh loathe

The way she says ‘Krish’ is grating my mushrooms.
Frauen, today someone I follow on Twitter said that she’d stumbled into a thread on Tattle and was horrified. She’s got a lot of followers so a lot of people agreed, and said we were all awful, and how could we sleep, and don’t we have anything better to do. And I was a bit shook. And I tried to step outside and look at the threads (I only really go on this one) and see if I was being dreadful. I felt a bit uncomfortable. Have any of you faced this? Anyway I’ve grunkad and I don’t feel in the slightest bit uncomfortable now because she is still utterly despicable and you are all great.
I bet we follow the same person because I saw a tweet just like that and had the same uncomfortable feeling. Having visited some of the other threads there’s definite toxicity on here. I don’t think this thread is one of them, at all.

Bingbongding

Her politics also seem remarkably inconsistent. She said she was Labour, then Green, then she was going to stand as an MP for (I think) the NHS Party, before pulling out. But also quite a lot of her thinking seems to be (low c) conservative. God knows where she stood on Brexit, but we know she didn’t vote in the Referendum. It’s all a bit of an incoherent jumble.
She's just picking whatever side is likely to gain her a few follows, book sales or adulation... Mmmmm. All of them if she can get it. Remember she's one of the people. The real people.poverty poster girl is our Jack 🙄

KebabGirl

VIP Member
Just catching up!
I do get asked if I went to university in the city I live in. Only because it has a strong, distinctive regional accent which I have not picked up and has 3 (yes 3!) universities. And if that isn't enough to 🔺 me then I don't know what is!?!
The picture must be a flirty thing. I hope the intended recipient is packing up and moving already.

• Haha

Captainmouse

VIP Member
Oh god, she's gonna need to do something big to get some attention back on her but what? Ouchy mouthy? Toothache? Another black eye? Arthritis flare up? Will the walking stick make a reappearance? Perhaps that's why she's pulling everything out, she's looking for it ahead of this week's double trek to Asda for no apparent fucking reason. Distinct lack of food pics this week too, what have they been eating?!
Sb is at his dads, she’s had Ocado ready meals

• Haha

Pixieboots

Chatty Member
She blocked me ages ago, even though I don't think I'd ever interacted with her in any way. I must have liked a few tweets that were critical of her and that was enough.

lilamay

VIP Member
A recipe for anchoïade on BBC good food.
7 ingredients, 2 lines of method.
Why do her Jackolites wait patiently? There are literally hundreds of free recipes for the stuff online, just google it for god's sake.

How hard can it be to write up these simple recipes? What takes her so long?

Ingredients
How-to-videos
Method
  1. To make the anchoiade, put all the ingredients except the olive oil and black pepper in a processor, and switch on. Pour the oil into the blender in a steady stream, until it forms a thick sauce.
  2. Pour into a pan and heat through. Season with freshly ground black pepper and serve immediately.
Surely if you were going through a tough financial time you'd put in a bit more hard work?

• Heart
Jesus.

If my only experience of poverty was the lifestyle of Jack Monroe, I'd be a bigger Tory than Toby Young.

And because it isn't, where I'm from, a man calm and collected enough to not snap some vicious little prick in two when they've attacked him is seen as the one who is in the right and the attacker seen as the pathetic one, partly because they won't control themselves, partly because they're oblivious to the reality of the situation (ie, if they didn't trust the other person completely not to be an utter cunt like them, they wouldn't ever do it) and partly because it's shit for everybody else around.

It's also how abusive and violent women get away with domestic and child abuse. They go 'oh, but I'm so little and defenceless', and 'isn't it funny how I attacked them and they didn't do a thing?' and 'I was the victim of violence from them!'. Long ago in the mists of the lockdown threads I spoke of being on the receiving end of abuse from such a woman and witnessing her wailing and howling when another child defended themselves in panic.

• Heart

Lanie

VIP Member
I'm at work and googled this in seconds. The answer is YES they contain palm oil. And somehow Jack has appointed herself as the appropriate person to write about food ethics? Oh yeah I forgot her meticulous research of food ethics has concluded cheap = good, expensive = bad. No wonder everyone laughed at her at that imaginary dinner party. I wonder if it was around the time of calling herself 'Dr Jack Monroe' (this makes me die to think about, so embarrassing).
I stand by what I said yesterday that "what uni did you go to" comment was a sarky response to her probably being a know it all and the person in question was thinking "who the fuck is this twit" and therefore asked and was "shocked" to hear she was only secondary school educated.

I know lots of very clever secondary ( only)educated people, they just dont go off on one about stuff they know very little about.
I am university educated and I have never been asked did I go to one or not because it has honestly never came up.

Last edited:

MrsOnion

And she was bleating days later about how she couldn't be expected to be any good having had no presenter training or e experience. My goodness lady do you suppose that might play into who gets massive presenting jobs??

Reading this again, it’s actually more embarrassing now than it was then. This toddler tantrum got her DKL and she fucked it up so much with her endless “tech issues”, lack of basic food knowledge and passive aggressive lemon juggling.

Also, “I know my name was in the ring”... it was made by THAT MAN’S production company so why the hell would she have ever been in the running to front it?

I'm so unbelievably pissed off she's given the gammons ammunition to stop kids getting fed, how did she not realise this was going to happen
She was only thinking of herself, ie raising her profile as poor, to scrounge for more money. She only ever thinks about herself. Doesn’t even care about her son when he is there, otherwise why feel him all that mechanically recovered crap?

• Sad