Jack Monroe #92 Reverse Robin Hood, grifts from the poor to give to herself

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
With regards to the far right, I worked as a nurse back in the late 80s/early 90s and nursed an elderly man who had been part of a force which liberated the camps. What he saw was so horrific that he got photos taken because, as he said "nobody will ever believe us without some proof".

He had kept the photos after the war in a photo album which his wife brought in so he could show me.

All I can say is man's inhumanity to his fellow humans knows no bounds. The camps were by this point free of German guards and one photo showed a little girl washing from a bowl on the ground. Behind her were bodies piled high and she was there and washing herself like this was totally normal.

Heartbreaking.

I've been outspoken about Far Right ideology ever since. Some of the campaigning for Brexit left me open mouthed...of course it was Farage behind the worst.
Without 🔺 too much, my father was a prisoner of war in Stalag Luft. He was forced to work in the brickfields making bricks that built Auschwitz and Birkenhaus. Can you imagine having to live with that guilt for the rest of your life? ETA, he was not aware of what the bricks were used for at the time,.

He was on the so-called Death Marches across Poland and Germany as the allied troops advanced. They had no food, no shoes and walked hundreds of miles on scraps of bread. He told me of a story where on the march a train with food became derailed. The prisoners had to get the train back onto the tracks but were not allowed any of the food. One of the prisoners stole a rabbit and tried to make a fire to cook it. They were caught and because they wouldn't say who stole it, the guards chose 10 at random, shot them then hung their bodies on lamposts that the prisoners had to walk past.

His friend at that time has written a book which is the most harrowing thing I have read. Both are now dead, but hopefully, their stories will continue to be told.

The thought that Jack is trying to make personal gains and take a moral high ground, weedling herself into something she knows nothing about makes me physically sick.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 114
I know some people here are aware of the similar character Vonny Moyes... she actually did appropriate Jewishness for attention. It was really upsetting.
Yes I remember being quite startled when out of nowhere she was flapping on Twitter about her challah bread being ready in time for Shabbat.

ETA: Just checked her Twitter out of nosiness. She's an autistic, Mancunian now.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 31
Salad cream scrambled eggs, dear squiggle? That, quite honestly, sounds bleeping disgusting.
Hate to say it but salad cream mixed with boiled egg in a sandwich is just delish! Been doing it for years though so it's nothing maverick!

Reactions: 19
Really nice of her to tweet about someone in her whatsapp group and also casually denigrate their job. Very left wing. Much solidarity. Does she actually think she's in a position to criticise? People tend to sell aloe juice and those things because they need to boost their income. JM doesn't need to, she's far superior, flogging postcards to patreon pay pigs.

Can someone help? My eyes are lodged in the back of my head again.
Also does she not think that this person who's in her WhatsApp group might be made aware of these insults? I mean I know the WhatsApp group and the person don't exist but still. MAKE IT MAKE SENSE.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 45
How does she cope at any serious debates at these dinner parties. You can't delete verbal words. Does she constantly just say I take that back, I didn't meant it like that. 😅😅😅

Somebody so much younger doing so much better.
If she gets any greener she will soon match the wicked witch of the west.
She probably doesn't actually say a word at any kind of dinner party.

• Haha
Reactions: 29
bleeping whiplash back the other way. Also, did she not call her own beginnings her ‘origin story’.
5FAF2100-889B-4A57-9F1D-6F45AB563606.jpeg
55C1C94C-5612-4172-AE7E-D2824FD97970.jpeg

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 42
"They frequently come out with stuff like this. Everyone else just kind of ignores it"
She's talking about herself in the whatsapp group, isn't she?!

Bog roll jesus bleeping wept. Not this again. View attachment 283261View attachment 283264
Not eating sugar is going well.
Where and how is she getting all of these sweets from??

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Yes I remember being quite startled when out of nowhere she was flapping on Twitter about her challah bread being ready in time for Shabbat.

ETA: Just checked her Twitter out of nosiness. She's an autistic, Mancunian now.
Still pretending to be Jewish (the only Jew in the newsroom to be precise) and now slagging off the BBC Scotland job she was so thrilled to get that she gave away her dogs so she could take it. They didn't renew her 6 month contract sadly.

Screen Shot 2020-10-21 at 19.24.10.png

Screen Shot 2020-10-21 at 19.24.22.png

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 30
  • Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 17
I’m really uncomfortable with the use of the word ‘pilgrimage’ in regards to concentration camps.
I was just about to comment on that, a visit to those sites is NOT a pilgrimage. Please? Can somebody crowfund her a vocabulary? Ach!

Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.