Jack Monroe #91 POOR (ISH)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The mindset of her fans

1603099543004.png

Is it crossing the line to forward that £20 from home heating grant to her publisher\ channel 4 to investigate the tragedy that a very recent bestselling writer surrounded by luxury is at the point of starvation?

Last edited:
  • Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 58
Am I reading that right... is a follower really offering up a Rolex as a sacrifice gift?

• Angry
  • Haha
Reactions: 29
Imagine being the sort that happily takes £20 off this person. And buys tit £25 “art” with it. Or Ocado deliveries. I genuinely have been blown away by this - more so than the kitten saga and the black eye pantomime. Where are all the right wing trans hating hacks and publications I keep hearing we are overrun by? How can Louisa stand by in her professional capacity and allow this to happen? In the same way the mums at the gates of her kids school must be reading her tit, so must her neighbours? duck me, I would be all over her deliveries like a shot, reading this tit and knowing the Ocado van pops by once a week.

Attachments

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 34
I can't take her anymore. I have had enough. She's so spectacularly missing the point all the time and her followers seem to fawn over this nonsense.

3p beans do not cost 3p. 50p hotdogs do not cost 50p. Someone somewhere is paying the true cost and it's usually poor people, but often poor people in other countries. Farming practices are shocking (and not just in animal agriculture, though they are overall the worst culprits). Modern day slavery is rife on farms around the world. It's not hard to understand that two things can be true at the same time.

Truth one: Food is too cheap. The actual cost of producing quality food without exploiting humans or animals is much higher than most of us are prepared to pay.

Truth two: Even in affluent countries like the UK, people are too poor to afford even basic food.

The solution is NOT demanding that a huge supermarket chain which can only exist because of our capitalist exploitative system brings back its smart price range.

Jackie pretends that caring for animals and other humans in our food chain is a privilege. I call bullshit on that. Poverty doesn't make you less compassionate or empathetic. You being a total and utter twunt makes you so.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 100
The mindset of her fans

Is it crossing the line to forward that £20 from home heating grant to her publisher\ channel 4 to investigate the tragedy that a very recent bestselling writer surrounded by luxury is at the point of starvation?
If Jack really is struggling (her Patreon and lifestyle suggest otherwise but anyway...) then why can't her parents help her out money wise?

She's shameless, always being on the beg and accepting money from those worse off than her 😠

• Heart
Reactions: 21
I can't take her anymore. I have had enough. She's so spectacularly missing the point all the time and her followers seem to fawn over this nonsense.
I'm not on Twitter and usually get all my Jackinfo here. Yesterday I took a look out of curiosity and read a full thread.

Can only say no wonder she's obsessed with reading here, given the quality of the company/"interaction" over there 😲

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Where is Karma when you need her? Jack is a C U Next Tuesday and despicable poverty cosplayer. Downsize your living arrangement then!! Live within your means you absolute grifter. Have you no shame?!

It seems her followers are taken in by her florrid language or everyone likes a pet follow they feel sorry for, I guess? Pathetic. I'd never offer to lick the boots of someone I don't know like that.

Reactions: 19
Her Greek meze platter was all ready made as were those parminter potatoes. I totally believe the soup is ready made too. She’s a complete charlatan who hates food, can’t cook and is desperate to stay relevant.
So was her son's fish pie.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 36

3p beans do not cost 3p. 50p hotdogs do not cost 50p. Someone somewhere is paying the true cost and it's usually poor people, but often poor people in other countries. Farming practices are shocking (and not just in animal agriculture, though they are overall the worst culprits). Modern day slavery is rife on farms around the world. It's not hard to understand that two things can be true at the same time.

Truth one: Food is too cheap. The actual cost of producing quality food without exploiting humans or animals is much higher than most of us are prepared to pay.

Truth two: Even in affluent countries like the UK, people are too poor to afford even basic food.

The solution is NOT demanding that a huge supermarket chain which can only exist because of our capitalist exploitative system brings back its smart price range.

Jackie pretends that caring for animals and other humans in our food chain is a privilege. I call bullshit on that. Poverty doesn't make you less compassionate or empathetic. You being a total and utter twunt makes you so.
Truth three: a lifestyle that prioritises excessive material consumption over food quality is fucked up, and this is exactly what Jack represents, and why she winds us up quite so much.

• Heart
Reactions: 42
Truth three: a lifestyle that prioritises excessive material consumption over food quality is fucked up, and this is exactly what Jack represents, and why she winds us up quite so much.
Over food quality for her SON, primarily.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 35
It makes no sense does it? If I could see my grandchild was being fed the scraggy, fatty bits of reduced chicken wings all week, I'd step in and help out.

She seems to be obsessed with this living wage bullshit. Wanting to keep all extra money in reserve as she apparently doesn't know when her next job will come in. Many people don't have savings Jack, welcome to the real world. Most people also don't choose to live in houses much bigger than they need or can afford either, you stupid horrible woman.

• Heart
Reactions: 40
She seems to be obsessed with this living wage bullshit. Wanting to keep all extra money in reserve as she apparently doesn't know when her next job will come in. Many people don't have savings Jack, welcome to the real world. Most people also don't choose to live in houses much bigger than they need or can afford either, you stupid horrible woman.
I honestly would be surprised if she has savings. I think a lot of them have been spunked on Cotswold Co, Edinburgh trips, various high end white goods and electronics, kitten vet appointments, Ocado deliveries, the list goes on.

• Heart
Reactions: 27

An acquaintance of mine was arguing the exact same thing recently about fast fashion, and her right to buy 3€ T-shirts. I had to walk away. There is so much human suffering so that we in the affluent parts of the West can enjoy cheap tit.

I found this old article:

Which is very very funny because it opens with There isn’t much furniture in Jack Monroe’s flat in Southend-on-Sea. How times have changed.

But also, this telling bit:

Jamie Oliver just can’t match that. She points out that in his recent book, Save With Jamie, all of his recipes call for Uncle Ben’s rice. “That’s not really a money-saver, is it? If you really cared about saving money you’d pay 40p a kilo for long-grain rice. I’ve been approached countless times by various brands like that. I wouldn’t rule it out — I do need to earn money. But I couldn’t endorse anything that wasn’t the best possible value.”

Except that it's not about value, it's purely about price. She will never, ever go, "This cheese is 30p more but has more flavour so you can use less of it." She'll go, "30p??? Where are you getting 30p from, Tory?!"

I don't think I've ever eaten Uncle Ben's rice, but it has its place. If you don't know how to cook rice and you're worried about ruining ingredients, it's a starting point. If you have a little more money but a lot less time, convenience food can help. Plus, using those ingredients at first is a good way of gradually becoming confident in the kitchen and more capable of cooking for yourself. There are always nuances. She never sees them.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 54
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.