Jack Monroe #91 POOR (ISH)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
happy to chip in as I’ve been trying to find her on Twitter this morning for the same reason. It’s difficult though as I don’t think an amazon voucher will be as useful as cash for someone in her situ but you’ve got to be careful doxxing yourself on PayPal as JM is truly vile. Not just virtue signalling but will also donate £20 to match what JM is taking out of food bank circulation to our local one as I’ve felt icky on spending £3 on JM’s mushroom soup, but see value in comparing the images so will keep it in the shop. To think we’re the bleeping trolls ey x
I also will chip in

• Heart
Reactions: 25
This is in response to an article about what private companies are making off of COVID food parcels. Jack's whole "feed the family on £20 a week" is directly contributing to people assuming folk can survive on this.

Screen Shot 2020-10-19 at 08.46.57.png

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 83
She’s got Napolina lentils on the shelves too - currently £0.85 vs £0.55 for own brand ones
She has the cheapest tinned hotdogs you can buy though. Not that we should be surprised by that, quality meat clearly isn't a priority for her. Ingredients for reference:
Screenshot_20201019-084911.png

• Sick
  • Sad
Reactions: 44
she rarely responds to criticism 🙄 (head biting doesn’t count) and only claim (s/ed) child benefit
This may be a silly question but why did she need to take light bulbs out rather than not turn the light on?

• Haha
Reactions: 48
This may be a silly question but why did she need to take light bulbs out rather than not turn the light on?
In other tellings, it’s the bulb from the fridge (I think another frau calculated that that would add about 13p a month to energy bills).

• Haha
Reactions: 16
I am furious. Absolutely seething. I do believe one day her time will come and the truth will out. And every lie and beg she is digging herself a deeper whole. Hopefully our extensive British Library of receipts will help. Maybe that just makes me feel better about it all! She's really, really wound me up over the past few days.

I am also absolutely hooting at the Charlie Bingham triangulation by @Veronicaaa. It's especially funny because she always makes digs about that brand although no doubt it was gifted or was Mrs J's 🙄

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 54
@Petelgeuse I can't find the tweet now but will look later. I had a quick look on twitter but no luck. I have to delete JM screenshots off my phone right away or else my memory gets clogged up.

When searching twitter just now I did find this which literally proves what we have been criticising her for. She's bleeping dangerous.

IMG_20201019_091136.png
IMG_20201019_091155.png

Damnnnnn beaten to it by @Veronicaaa

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 33
This is in response to an article about what private companies are making off of COVID food parcels. Jack's whole "feed the family on £20 a week" is directly contributing to people assuming folk can survive on this.

View attachment 280283
She’s an absolute danger and needs to be stopped. She is NOT the authority on poverty or budgeting, she’s a horror of epic proportions. We need special Tattle dispensation to go all in and call her out on Twitter, this is important and not bloody trolling!

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 52
I follow along but rarely post because I permanently grunka. I always love the humour in these threads.
I'm bleeping furious reading the last few pages that she's taking money from people without so much as acknowledging the fact they are much much poorer than even her poverty cos play.
bleeping furious.
How does she sleep at night.
Our dinosaur nap.
She is purely vile.
Jack, you're vile.

• Heart
Reactions: 44
She also has loads of Waitrose tins on her shelves which Ocado used to supply until the 1st of September.

• Heart
Reactions: 40
I was STILL having pangs of feeling sorry for her... until yesterday. Granted, they were becoming very rare but still, I’m a sap.

Please can we get a non-Cabal to contact someone... anyone... about this? It’s crossed from ‘lying knob claiming she found a Burberry scarf in a puddle’ bollocks and gone into very dark territory of literally conning people out of their benefits.

• Heart
Reactions: 55
she’s bleeping obsessed with lightbulbs and I don’t know why?! Especially as she claims to have moved so much, most ~millennials in cities inevitably end up moving once a year as LL hikes rent for no reason, or mates get partners, so also moved a lot without being one of fagan’s boys but prior to buying a house I bought a grand total of ONE lightbulb?!

Reactions: 21
I thought it was very revealing when she said she was "dreading" the shop for toiletries etc. Meaning she's clearly not used to doing it.

I'm not sure about her passing Ocado soup off as her own though, that seems a bit extreme.

Reactions: 16
The only explanation I can think of is that she did it to prevent anyone else she was living with turning on the lights.

Reactions: 10
Found another Roberts radio in this post. Had seen a cream-coloured one in several pics in various places, but it's hard to know if it was the same one just moved for the photo or a different one. Obviously this definitely a different one at it's a different colour!

View attachment 280230

They're £159.99, so there's over £318.88 worth of radios in the 'crappy bungalow' - well over as she has six digital radios in total. Although of course, she probably found them in a puddle, or in that incredible charity shop in Southend!
Just this photo alone shows that she has a certain level of expected living.
Very few people pay the high price of milk deliveries anymore. During lockdown I tried to arrange a milkman delivery for my parents, but they refused it based on how expensive it was. They wouldn't let me pay the increased price just so they didn't have to go to the local shop.

All of these photos meticulously orchestrated for the 'gram are really coming back to bite her in the arse now.

• Heart
Reactions: 32
I thought it was very revealing when she said she was "dreading" the shop for toiletries etc. Meaning she's clearly not used to doing it.

I'm not sure about her passing Ocado soup off as her own though, that seems a bit extreme.
If she didn't pass a bought soup off as her own she, at the very least, certainly didn't use those manky old mushrooms she got a week previously to make it.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
I was STILL having pangs of feeling sorry for her... until yesterday. Granted, they were becoming very rare but still, I’m a sap.

Please can we get a non-Cabal to contact someone... anyone... about this? It’s crossed from ‘lying knob claiming she found a Burberry scarf in a puddle’ bollocks and gone into very dark territory of literally conning people out of their benefits.
This is my feeling too.
I was happy to laugh along at the ridiculous lies re the charity shop and the muddy puddles.
But this is dangerous dangerous stuff. Making people believe they can survive on that little money while taking it willingly from others.

• Heart
Reactions: 49
Around the third book (Kickstarter), she became Permanently Poor. Why? Because she's not good enough to have a career as a normal food writer. She needs a gimmick, and hers is poverty.

She is gross.
The Permanently Poor period also coincided with the time after her split with Allegra, when she no longer lived in a fabulous house in Hammersmith and was back to square one in Southend. No more play acting as being a chef in Allegra’s restaurant, etc. Wondering, presumably, how she was going to pay her bills because, for a while, she didn’t have any.

She tried to compete with mainstream cooks and she couldn’t. She can’t cook. Poverty cosplay is all she has.

And if she did poverty cosplay just to sell books I suppose that’s fine (well, it isn’t fine when your recipes suck) but she doesn’t. She does poverty cosplay to con her gullible followers into paying for her lifestyle. She is a morality free zone.

• Heart
Reactions: 49
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.