Jack Monroe #91 POOR (ISH)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Her Greek meze platter was all ready made as were those parminter potatoes. I totally believe the soup is ready made too. She’s a complete charlatan who hates food, can’t cook and is desperate to stay relevant.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 63
I am willing to take the hit and make this mushroom soup exactly as how she has written the recipe later this week! I will report back.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 92
I am willing to take the hit and make this mushroom soup exactly as how she has written the recipe later this week! I will report back.
I was thinking of doing the same, but I appreciate the ultimate sacrifice you are making of eating mine 🙏

• Haha
Reactions: 45
I think the trolley begging incident is so specific and so potentially exposing for her that she will do something about it, blaming this site in the process. Also the vulnerable people who donated her might not want to be involved.
#92 trolling for trolleys

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 64
I would, but I'm a poor cook to begin with. I'd end up with dog shite following a normal recipe let alone a JM one 😂 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
I think the trolley begging incident is so specific and so potentially exposing for her that she will do something about it, blaming this site in the process. Also the vulnerable people who donated her might not want to be involved.
#92 trolling for trolleys
Agree. ‘I’m saving my pennies in change for a trolley to make my harrowing double journey a little less agonising’ is just a grift too far. I know she deletes everything but Radio in every room was only a day or two ago. Somebody will join the dots.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 63
She has proved you can live off 20 pound a week but at what cost to her, health. The food is overly processed and she's buying lard to spread on sandwiches (🤢).

From my perspective it's almost like she is trying to undo all that man's hard work of trying to get the nation to eat well for less for a healthier lifestyle. I am not a big TV watcher but there's that programme where people go shopping and their food gets accessed and they make healthier changes. She really needs to watch that.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
I would, but I'm a poor cook to begin with. I'd end up with dog shite following a normal recipe let alone a JM one 😂 😂
I really do wonder if her recipes are her recipes*. Some of them must work, as people rave about them, but I’ve never seen her make anything other than a disaster on tv. It’s incredibly easy to just google ‘mushroom soup recipe’ though...

*the grated spam ones are probably all hers m’lud.

• Haha
Reactions: 28
She has proved you can live off 20 pound a week but at what cost to her, health. The food is overly processed and she's buying lard to spread on sandwiches (🤢).

From my perspective it's almost like she is trying to undo all that man's hard work of trying to get the nation to eat well for less for a healthier lifestyle. I am not a big TV watcher but there's that programme where people go shopping and their food gets accessed and they make healthier changes. She really needs to watch that.
It’s the complete antithesis to her first book, which was all about utilising cheap but decent quality ingredients to cook tasty and recognisable meals.

It certainly wasn’t to everyone’s taste but it had aspiration - which is so important in food writing, whatever your budget.

I cooked Miguel Barclay’s mushroom and spinach pie for Sunday lunch - it cost barely anything to put together (although I did improvise with some fancier ingredients) but was absolutely delicious. And not a rinsed bean in sight.

• Heart
Reactions: 35

Despite all of the investment in household hardware, how does her house look like it is a film set for an episode of 'Back in Time'? It is 2020, not 1960.

On this matter. two more items to add to the list. We have the Oakland Extendable (@Alansbigplate ;)) table at £749 and 104 kgs. Until a fuller picture can clarify, I will assume that the Westcote Inky Blue sideboard is the 4 drawer option like her others. At just £599 and 51 kgs - no bodybuilding required.

So, 15 items now at a retail cost of £7789 and weight of 974.68kgs - possibly more to come. Yet she still manipulates the deaf and disabled for income.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 59
I would have two weeks ago but have been diagnosed with mushroom intolerance so unfortunately I can never taste the mushroomy delights of Ms Monroe

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 19
I see her plan - last months she picks a random value - £20 for the weekly shop, starts of jolly about it and thinking she's found a way back into being pov queen but people started spotting she wasn't sticking to it. She has now sown the seeds that it's near impossible to live on that in a way to get work and is looking to get attention from the ones she got to work with before.

Her twitter fans are nothing more than cannon fodder for her.

If charities pick her up to front any campaigns need to know the truth that she is mocking the people that are truly struggling.

Jack - Get a bleeping job in the supermarket (that you suggested in the guardian) and SHUT THE duck UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Heart
Reactions: 38
I’m doing a grunka but I’ve just had to look up how to pronounce anchoïade as my brain can’t take it anymore.
I can’t remember when she tweeted how to pronounce it but I’m going to have to go on a reverse grunka to check if she’s right 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 10
What is that on the table? It looks like haggis topped with bananas.

And going by the horrors we've seen so far, it may very well be

• Haha
Reactions: 44
Is there a possibility that people who have been so terrifically keeping track here could collate together a file and send to journalists? Would people be willing? Is it within the Tattle rules?

• Heart
Reactions: 20
She has proved you can live off 20 pound a week
I don't think she's proved that at all - most of her recipes have perhaps one or two ingredients from the shopping she lists, the rest she conjures up out of thin air*

*Ocado

• Heart
Reactions: 35
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.