Jack Monroe #91 POOR (ISH)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She keeps mentioning her sick mum. Anyone with a shred of decency would tone it down the hysterical performance on public social media for their mum's sake at least. I can't imagine it's helping.

When she is quiet I always feel like she's got a kind of dopamine hangover. The tweets are great at the time, not so good in the cold light of day.

Reactions: 33
If I punched my sister at my mum's house (which is how I read it - it was Christmas so I assume it was at her parent's - way to ruin Christmas for everyone, Jack 👍) my mum, never mind my sister, wouldn't speak to me again (or let me back in the house) until I'd issued a proper, genuine apology. And I wouldn't blame them.
The way she wears it like a badge of honour, so pathetic and very ‘rebellious teen’ of her.
Any time she’s fucked up, I’m talking Cameron, that man, Walliams, she’s never sincerely sorry. She’s disgusting, honestly I don’t believe there’s a nice bone in her body.

• Heart
Reactions: 50
Because that wouldn't be so hurtful to Kathleen as being ripped apart in public for daring to question the Great Jack.
It’s really annoyed me given that Jack herself openly admits she struggles with alcohol how dare she use it as a weapon towards someone else.

• Heart
Reactions: 51
And the follower numbers are still going up..
It’s all for drama. The whole entire shitstorm is entertaining. She is a poor waif who you give your last bean to or one of those who you cheer on. Still entertaining. Depending on the colour of the tick.
I do feel sorry for some of her people but not all.

Reactions: 22
Seriously, punching your brother (or whatever actually happened) at Christmas should be a source of pure shame, not something you gleefully gloat about in a one of your scathing/ setting the world to rights essays?
About 3 years ago, at christmas, I screamed at my brother and we had a huge row. I upset everyone and made a total show of myself. I cried and hid from everyone til the next evening. I was so embarrassed. I still am. Certainly wouldnt gloat. I still cringe!

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 53
It’s all for drama. The whole entire shitstorm is entertaining. She is a poor waif who you give your last bean to or one of those who you cheer on. Still entertaining. Depending on the colour of the tick.
I do feel sorry for some of her people but not all.
I’m still utterly bemused how the penny hasn’t dropped for them all yet though.

Reactions: 20
About 3 years ago, at christmas, I screamed at my brother and we had a huge row. I upset everyone and made a total show of myself. I cried and hid from everyone til the next evening. I was so embarrassed. I still am. Certainly wouldnt gloat. I still cringe!
Awww....i feel for you!!!! And you have the self awareness to admit it and feel sorry. ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 36
It’s really annoyed me given that Jack herself openly admits she struggles with alcohol how dare she use it as a weapon towards someone else.
It's the worst thing, any decent person who has genuinely suffered from addiction, be it themselves personally or via a family member, wouldn't dream of throwing it in someone's face like a weapon (over the internet fgs! in public! to 260k followers and whoever else can see it), because you *know* what you're doing with that. You're undermining them with something so painful it's like a kick to the head, it shows what you *really* think about addicts, that they're worthless, that their opinions and very *being* are worthless, and that's what so many alcoholics and addicts already think about themselves, it's so cruel. Sorry to be all wah wah waaaah but it's just so disgusting, I can't even explain it properly.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 57
Happens to the best of us doesn't it, it's how you deal with it after that counts. Two years later and she's acting like it's something to be proud of.

• Heart
Reactions: 36
I nearly ruined a wedding a few years back (a wedding of people I barely bleeping knew) due to kicking off at a minor issue with an acquaintance. Do not cringe. I will cringe for both of us 🤣

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 42
It's the worst thing, any decent person who has genuinely suffered from addiction, be it themselves personally or via a family member, wouldn't dream of throwing it in someone's face like a weapon (over the internet fgs! in public! to 260k followers and whoever else can see it), because you *know* what you're doing with that. You're undermining them with something so painful it's like a kick to the head, it shows what you *really* think about addicts, that they're worthless, that their opinions and very *being* are worthless, and that's what so many alcoholics and addicts already think about themselves, it's so cruel. Sorry to be all wah wah waaaah but it's just so disgusting, I can't even explain it properly.
I almost do not believe she was ever an addict precisely because of this; I can't imagine an ex addict who would shame another one for their addiction.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 57
Happens to the best of us doesn't it, it's how you deal with it after that counts. Two years later and she's acting like it's something to be proud of.
Bragging about an incident that was and probably still is heart breaking for her parents. Not saying her brother is blameless, but at least he is not writing a public blog about the incident.

She's clearly very jealous of how well he has done, I believe her parents are very proud of him.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 31
She's been a despicable raging dickhole over the last 24 years hours but could I please go back to her hilarious 'bodybuilding pescatarian' comment? When has she ever in her life done any weightlifting? Tall tales of 93kg sideboards not withstanding. Does she realise the kind of commitment you have to make to be a female bodybuilder? You don't just eat six eggs, a tin of Tesco Finest sardines and some decrepit mushrooms and wake up ripped. She's a weedy little weasel. Furthermore, I estimated the weight of yesterday's shop and it was in total approximately 16kg (or 36lb for those working in old money). That is the same amount she gleefully claimed to have carried back in her rucksack alone in her first trip a week earlier, except this week it was somehow infinitely more difficult despite being spread out across two trips.

Yes, this is the hill I am dying on.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 82
Seriously, punching your brother (or whatever actually happened) at Christmas should be a source of pure shame, not something you gleefully gloat about in a one of your scathing/ setting the world to rights essays?
It is to everyone else on the planet but Jack. It's very much in keeping with Jacks apparent belief that the working classes conduct themselves like feral animals.

Reactions: 23
I almost do not believe she was ever an addict precisely because of this; I can't imagine an ex addict who would shame another one for their addiction.
I don't like to speak to other peoples' substance consumption, or their feelings about it, but I can infer with a fair degree of certainty that she knows absolutely duck all about addiction or recovery.

• Heart
Reactions: 42
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.