Jack Monroe #91 POOR (ISH)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She keeps mentioning her sick mum. Anyone with a shred of decency would tone it down the hysterical performance on public social media for their mum's sake at least. I can't imagine it's helping.

When she is quiet I always feel like she's got a kind of dopamine hangover. The tweets are great at the time, not so good in the cold light of day.
IMO she uses mentions of her “sick mum” as a prop to hide behind. Everything is fodder for the liar.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 36
I don’t think this happened, but if it had that would explain her sitting alone in the cold, dark flat while SB was spending Christmas with his dad

Let’s face it though - both of those events were probably fictional
I dont think her brother even said the things she says he does. This is just her take on it. He maybe said she was not someone who has been on benefits for years and also stop being a big victim you chose to have a baby.
Maybe just called her out on her lies and crap as family do. So the result is a punch and then she gives him the silent treatment.
Hence why the rest of the family and sb dad look on in silent horror.

• Sad
Reactions: 30
Jack Monroe #91 Despicable Raging Dickhole

Thanks for that @traumatised sideboard

Can we say Dickhole in a thread title? We should be able to. Pee pee hole? How do we get past the censors 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 41
She's very quiet tonight. Has she taken herself off to bed with two Rebus books and an encyclopaedia?

• Haha
Reactions: 34
In my dealing with narcissists, you have to be feeling really mentally strong, have nothing else to do, and just generally be prepared for a relentless thrashing if you’re going to confront them. They will go so unbelievably aggressive and nasty, and try and ruin you if you so much as hint at questioning their fake version of reality. It’s not for the faint hearted, not at all. If you say something like “I don’t know why you’re Tweeting your financial situation” you’d get back a tirade of abuse that includes every crappy thing about yourself that you’d ever told them in confidence, mixed with a loaf of stuff that doesn’t even make sense to the argument, but leaves you bewildered and hurt. They’re total fuckers to deal with. Just look what she’s done to this Kathleen woman, one bit of criticism, and she’s outed her publicly as an alcoholic.

I tried to explain it to my friend before like this, imagine someone is trying to kidnap a small child right in front of you. You would go wild to stop it happening, jump in front of a car, scream, fight, grab, anything. You’d gain rage and strength you didn’t know you had in you. That’s what happens when you confront a narc. You may as well be trying to suffocate them for how hard they’ll fight, they go full on tooth and claw because disrupting their false narrative makes them feel like they’re falling into a black hole. They’re not ‘normal’, they exist purely on the energy they steal, anyone attempting to cut off that flow of energy sends them over the edge. That’s why her unwell mum and busy dad, and her son’s dad, just ignore, IMO. It’s not worth being ripped to shreds over.
This. Narcissists are relentless when their egos are threatened. Jack’s method would likely be drama, wailing, pitying seeking etc rather than overt aggression.

The recommendation for dealing with them is to “grey rock”, which is to behave as neutrally as humanly possible, give non-answers, don’t react, don’t engage, (but also don’t ignore them which is an active snub and therefore a strong reaction).

A lot of victims of narcissists learn to do this naturally by bitter experience, and it looks like her family and exes have trained themselves.

• Heart
Reactions: 36
Not trying to derail but I came here having previously enjoyed watching two people - Mrs Hinch and Part Time Working Mummy - but something started to not sit right with me. Inconsistencies and half truths and embellishments started to add up in my head, along with noticing the begs more and more. Point is, how can people who enjoy her content not see what she’s doing?! How do they not think “Hmm this is the fifth time she’s pleaded poverty this year yet she was on TV and dating someone high up in the TV world? And she’s written for the newspaper. And she’s brought out books. Something isn’t right here”

• Heart
Reactions: 42
May be tweeting on an alt. I don't know anything, but a few suspicious looking accounts advertising her tip jar.

Awful way to be, but part of the damage these con artists do is they make you doubt yourself and feel suspicious about genuine people.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 26
It's been a while since she took her clothes off for attention as well. That was when I realised she was not dealing with a full pack.
Why do that ? I feel soo sad for her followers that seem to lack the capacity to question her actions and then ones that are soo vulnerable they send a woman who lives in a massive house and doenst really work money out their benefits.

Reactions: 24
Bragging about an incident that was and probably still is heart breaking for her parents. Not saying her brother is blameless, but at least he is not writing a public blog about the incident.

She's clearly very jealous of how well he has done, I believe her parents are very proud of him.
And she tried but failed to get into the RAF. I wonder how much of that was trying to outdo him?

Reactions: 22
Not trying to derail but I came here having previously enjoyed watching two people - Mrs Hinch and Part Time Working Mummy - but something started to not sit right with me. Inconsistencies and half truths and embellishments started to add up in my head, along with noticing the begs more and more. Point is, how can people who enjoy her content not see what she’s doing?! How do they not think “Hmm this is the fifth time she’s pleaded poverty this year yet she was on TV and dating someone high up in the TV world? And she’s written for the newspaper. And she’s brought out books. Something isn’t right here”
It's not their fault, it's her fault. I go back and forth wrt my feelings about her followers but there are numerous reasons they might not see through it and at the end of the day, she's the one doling out the Kool Aid.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
I thought the Tories were quick at taking people's heating allowance off them 😠.All we hear is radio waaah waah . I'm so skint .Roberts natch 😠
I'm not skint I'm just getting at Mackies current whine ,if she had no £ maybe she should question her spending on high end products. We have to budget as I'm sure a lot of us on here do. I have a fear of getting into debt so I am careful to try to keep something by for a rainy day.Wonder when we'll see the new trolley ?

Last edited:
Reactions: 14
I think she'll keep quiet about shopping trolley until one arrives and she tweets a pic of it. Everyone goes nuts about her scamming the kind lady out of her heating allowance and....BOOMMMM...she drops that she refunded her/ donated it to charity etc etc within mere minutes of it landing in her account.
All. Hail. Jack

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
She's been a despicable raging dickhole over the last 24 years hours but could I please go back to her hilarious 'bodybuilding pescatarian' comment? When has she ever in her life done any weightlifting? Tall tales of 93kg sideboards not withstanding. Does she realise the kind of commitment you have to make to be a female bodybuilder? You don't just eat six eggs, a tin of Tesco Finest sardines and some decrepit mushrooms and wake up ripped.
No you wake up with terrible wind.

• Haha
Reactions: 25
Ah my bad, years ago I lived in places where the history came attached to the property.
Not these days. There maybe after effects of a previous occupant having bad credit/ debt e.g. a pre payment meter, heaps of debt collection letters or bailiffs knocking on the door but nothing that proof of occupancy of new tenant wouldn't sort out

Reactions: 12
Crikey I don’t think we wanna advocate people get chucked out by landlords for potentially having bad credit presumably the woman is paying her rent

• Heart
Reactions: 61
Crikey I don’t think we wanna advocate people get chucked out by landlords for potentially having bad credit presumably the woman is paying her rent
Hmmmm. I've wondered a few times if this current pov play is to build a story for not paying for certain things. Maybe for her landlord, maybe so someone who might also be named on the tenancy pays the full whack 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.