Jack Monroe #90 Freezer of lies in a house of extravagant buys

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don’t particularly like Ella whats her face (also I’m not vegan) but I liked the way she did not label herself vegan as her eating is plant based but not her ethos

Reactions: 13
I bloody love Nadiya and her husband is fit! She’s just adorable and Jack isn’t fit to lick her boots(trap)! It’s almost like ‘look at what you could’ve won if you weren’t such a massive bellend’ Jack.

As for being ‘Veganish’. I don’t like eggs, cheese or milk as separate entities and I don’t eat meat. I don’t call myself vegan though because dairy ends up in some of the things I eat & I have butter so I’m vegetarian. Jack’s not even remotely vegetarian let alone vegan. Why does she have this magical power over people so they can’t see what a prick she is? Tis confusion!
I was just reading an interview with Nadiya (apologies if its already been shared) and she is just pure loveliness. Jack could learn a lot from her!!

• Heart
Reactions: 23
If I had a piece of furniture that nice there is no way I would load it with clutter like that!!!! How can she be so careless with her things? Particularly when she has such nice stuff?

This week we bought our first coffee table 🔺 (up until now we have been using magazines to put cups/dishes/my packets of giant chocolate buttons) and I am so excited.

I am even more excited because it isn’t coming from IKEA (not cc though 😏) . When it arrives, there will be coasters, only the books we are currently reading, no clutter and NO feet!!!!

When you have have waited ages for something, it feels special. She just trickles money on endless niceties so nothing feels special anymore.
This! I finally got a sideboard and I was buzzing. Its still my favourite spot in the room, just flowers & family pictures. No clutter & tit everywhere. She doesnt appreciate anything, because shes so entitled and a brat.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 33
I was just reading an interview with Nadiya (apologies if its already been shared) and she is just pure loveliness. Jack could learn a lot from her!!

The thing is with Nadia she just oozes warmth and friendliness. She has such a genuine smile that you want to squeeze her cheeks. She's enthusiastic when she's talking about food, you'd want to try it even if you think you wouldn't necessarily like it.

Jack, um none of the above.

• Heart
Reactions: 40
I had never heard of anchoïade before this.

I now look back on that period of my life with some sorrow as I truly did not appreciate that particular blissful ignorance at the time. Ah well, moving on...

I'm vegan, so it's possible I wouldn't necessarily understand her "method" anyway, but this bizarre, slapdash approach to shopping then cooking is just borderline chaos!

She doesn't seem to meal plan and then shop accordingly; the haul looks eclectic and that's without the yellow health hazards.
There are just random products popping up, having been "lost" in the fridge, whilst other items disappear completely despite earlier excitement.

If this pointless mayhem is her usual behaviour then no wonder she's stressed, no one needs to spend most of Sunday conducting multiple visits to supermarkets, and if it isn't then that's why she's read so many of those books, even twitter can't keep her attention constantly what with the need for sulk breaks and follower manipulation.
Items constantly found lost in the fridge despite the fact she goes on about stocktaking...

Reactions: 30
What happened with her book deadline? Did she meet it? I did half arsedely grunk a few threads recently so may have missed this. Also, she hardly seems to mention the Good Food Bad Days book, for someone who loves talking about herself it hardly got mentioned once released, did it?

• Haha
Reactions: 26
#gifted bread, obviously, just when SB's not there to enjoy it - and why is she making the sandwich for her lunch *now*?

Screen Shot 2020-10-18 at 10.19.26.png

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 35
What happened with her book deadline? Did she meet it? I did half arsedely grunk a few threads recently so may have missed this. Also, she hardly seems to mention the Good Food Bad Days book, for someone who loves talking about herself it hardly got mentioned once released, did it?
She never stated but I reckon her deadline got pushed back! She has said she's writing book 7 and 8. Perhaps her burnout/ouchy mouth/ADHD pleas worked.

Also let's be fair guys. She's quick at reading because at aged 4 she had the reading age of a 16 year old and was bombing through the unabridged works of Shakespeare and Tolkein.

• Haha
Reactions: 31
#gifted bread, obviously, just when SB's not there to enjoy it - and why is she making the sandwich for her lunch *now*?

View attachment 279252

Last of the radishes, eggs, tomatoes, and the bloody Mohicans, no doubt. Just in case anyone may worry about her perilous state and wish to donate.

We triangulated that he was her original AA sponsor who touched her knee and left her to walk home in the rain which put her off AA (as documented in the Guardian article about her 1 year of sobriety). She posted tweets about him (now deleted obvs) when he was getting piled on on twitter for something, can't remember what now, which was basically the same story.
Cheers for the info. That’s Monroe’s take, would be interested to read his own side of the story.

• Haha
Reactions: 46
For anyone keeping track:

She ate an entire bag of radishes with sardine peri-peri dip.
Then she made a radish salad.
Then she used the last of the radishes in her sandwich.

(There was one bag of radishes in her 20£ shop.)

Radish Hydra, anyone?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 66
A whole new cooking and photography adventure mostly made up of things not from any of the £20 shops. And no Jack, people don’t throw out everything from their cupboards before their shop each week, but nor do they claim they are living off that week’s shop like it’s a challenge. Clearly not a doable challenge if you keep finding random ingredients to add in.

• Heart
Reactions: 42
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.