Jack Monroe #89 Did you know she once ran out of jam?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m all aboard the Grunka express but it takes some keeping up with! I’m sure it’s been covered already but surely if you were on a strict budget you wouldn’t cook two different things for you and your son at all three meal times?!

• Heart
Reactions: 54
I suppose it's easier when you have a massive garden. well, apart from the lugging it out bit. I dunno 🤷‍♀️

or maybe it just actually didn't happen. and she's just cleared one shelf to make it look like there's nothing else in... nah, can't be that surely 🙃
But....how did the tiny little arthritic soul manage to do that, what with those hands that have stopped working and all?!

• Haha
Reactions: 39
SB "what's for breakfast Mum?"
Jack " pears and bacon"
SB " I want Coco Pop's like a normal boy"
Jack "they weren't on the £20 shop so get to duck"

• Haha
Reactions: 65
I see the 17 freezer meals as proof she doesn’t eat any of the slurry she makes.

also I cannot cease thinking about that photo of her crouched on the floor of her porch in her joggers photographing her kid’s food. If I saw that of myself I think it would trigger some real reflection on what it is exactly I’m doing with my days

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 68
Oh I've just figured out what's so wrong with those freezer pics. It looks like the freezer isn't even on. There's no ice or moisture or anything on the containers, some of which are meant to have been in there since last week.
I thought this earlier but put it down to me being too deep down the rabbit hole

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
I'm a full-time freezer truther now - how come this one's levitating if it's full of slop (with more frozen slop on top)?

Screen Shot 2020-10-15 at 22.25.30.png

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 89
I see the 17 freezer meals as proof she doesn’t eat any of the slurry she makes.

also I cannot cease thinking about that photo of her crouched on the floor of her porch in her joggers photographing her kid’s food. If I saw that of myself I think it would trigger some real reflection on what it is exactly I’m doing with my days
Wait...I’ve clearly missed something major here. She photographed food on the floor?

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Also, just thinking how she turned her nose up at the food provided for children's lunches over lockdown. If I remember I think they were worth £15 a week with a mix of jacket potatoes, bread, ham/tuna, yoghurts, fruit, biscuits and some treats. For £3 a day they provided a decent fresh lunch that children will eat and not go to waste. Does Jack's £20 a week shop include SB's lunches because it seems like he's on packed lunches? Because if not, how is she affording that? She was scathing about what was being offered so I'd love to see what she provides just for SB lunch within the weekly shop budget.

• Heart
Reactions: 39
Oh I've just figured out what's so wrong with those freezer pics. It looks like the freezer isn't even on. There's no ice or moisture or anything on the containers, some of which are meant to have been in there since last week.
Never any steam on the meals she cooks for the child either; fair enough to let food go cold for professional food photography, but not the poor kid's dinner!

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
"Your freezer looks so clean" Rather than just say an unsuspicious "thanks" she fires out a completely bonkers lie about dragging a freezer to the garden and defrosting it there.. in October ..in Southend and never mentioned a word about it on Twitter which for her is highly unlikely. Correctly pointed out by @Veronicaaa there is absolutely no sign of condensation, frost, nothing to suggest there is any coldness inside that thing. Also notable is the completely un-slopped stained containers.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 69
I know you’re not supposed to do it but there’s little in life more satisfying than chipping away at it with a knife and a great big piece of ice comes off. I did it a few months ago and got a piece that could have seen off the Titanic.

When I defrost my freezer, I turn it off, empty it and put containers of hot just boiled water inside to speed up the defrosting. I put a towel or newspaper on the floor in front to catch any drips. Change the hot water a few times and let it defrost.

• Haha
Reactions: 50
Never any steam on the meals she cooks for the child either; fair enough to let food go cold for professional food photography, but not the poor kid's dinner!
This was most disturbingly obvious on the pic with the raw egg which was meant to cook in the clearly stone-cold noodle broth.

SB “But mama neither was the oats and bacon”
Oh god I missed the BACON out of my list of things she didn't buy this week!! And it's been so prominent in so many meals too! HOW COULD I?!

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 40
OMG something was bothering me too about that photo. I thought it might be because a £2k Smeg doesn't magically frost the outside of food like pleb freezer but no, nothing has frost on it, even the thing she made the the other week and labeled it with blue pen so has been there for a while (turkey claw something?).

• Haha
Reactions: 28
Wait...I’ve clearly missed something major here. She photographed food on the floor?
Yes she puts the food on the floor near the shoes but she keeps chopping boards in the shoe rack anyway so it all makes sense

I'm a full-time freezer truther now - how come this one's levitating if it's full of slop (with more frozen slop on top)?

View attachment 276928
There is only 300g of slop in it as opposed to the full 350g capacity?

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 37
I cannot believe that ... it looks like she has filled a freezer that is possibly turned off with empty ready meal boxes. Boxes that she can buy with literal pennies down at the good old Work Supplies Shop.

There’s no frost / condensation on those boxes. I am genuinely disturbed at the levels that she will go to to keep up this deception! Genuinely disturbed.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 63
Also, just thinking how she turned her nose up at the food provided for children's lunches over lockdown. If I remember I think they were worth £15 a week with a mix of jacket potatoes, bread, ham/tuna, yoghurts, fruit, biscuits and some treats. For £3 a day they provided a decent fresh lunch that children will eat and not go to waste. Does Jack's £20 a week shop include SB's lunches because it seems like he's on packed lunches? Because if not, how is she affording that? She was scathing about what was being offered so I'd love to see what she provides just for SB lunch within the weekly shop budget.
He gets asda smart price maize snacks, cheap white bread (her description), filled with smart price mayo, smart price cream cheese, and grated carrots or something. It looks rancid, dry and bland as hell, and prob goes straight into the bin.

• Sad
  • Sick
Reactions: 36
yes! I am too a freezer conspiracy wanker now! and, if it has been previously functional, the smell that emanates from a dormant fridge or freezer is so noxious it might well account for some level of insanity 🥴

• Haha
Reactions: 25
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.