Jack Monroe #89 Did you know she once ran out of jam?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Well rinse my beans, another group frauen effort in the thread title! Congratulations to @byropaw for the words, and @bignose28 for nominating them. Working together, we can make a change ...

Recap of thread #88

1. She indulged in one of her ‘twice-yearly’ designated rest and relaxation slots and had a nap after the school run. She also wants to embrace anything hygge.
  2. She produced some food - more maverick sandwiches and yet more bowls of what looked like various iterations of Shrek’s dirty bathwater.
  3. She’s particularly furious at being sent a PR email that offered her Caviar vodka. I mean, how dare they, it’s not vegan.
  4. She was still going on about multiple radios and one of the Mrs Js.
  5. First time I’ve ever heard of a butter sausage. Surprise, surprise, she put it in a curry.
  6. She wants to be explicitly clear that she eats mostly vegan. Anchoïade, Tesco’s finest mackerel, and devilled eggs, oh my!
  7. She has half a million eyes (across various social media platforms) on her and just wants to cook sausages without writing an essay and feeling the ouches. What kind of sausages do you use, Jack? ANY, now get to duck.
  8. She knows how to colour inside the lines.
  9. Don’t be suggesting omega supplements to her so that she doesn’t have to eat the fishies. They’re. Not. In. Her. Budget.
  10. She’s been trying to moderate social media (code: she hasn’t been on Twitter for a few hours).
  11. Does bombproof cupboard cardboard cheese count as vegan? Don’t be saying that she should buy nutritional yeast, it’s too Expensive.
  12. Jack, those chicken thighs are DEAD. Please stop resurrecting them.
  13. She has made 17 ready meals from an indeterminate amount of shops.
  14. Jack Monroe Food Safety 101: Don’t muck about with all that defrosting properly in the fridge lark. Just chuck it in the microwave and nuke it to kingdom come.
  15. She’s in a ‘good bit’ at the moment, which means a ‘disaster is probably imminent.’ Pie Jesu.
  16. [*]
    For new joiners to the thread, here is @Passive_Aggressive_Lemon ‘s ‘Jack for Dummies’ post (edited to include updated info):

Thought it might be useful for new followers to have a post at the start of each thread with some info.
    Limegoss article about Jack versus Jamie Oliver : https://limegoss.com/jack-monroe-jamie-oliver/

Thread #31 is the infamous one in which Jack turns up to talk to us directly. She makes her appearance on p. 17.

For anyone wanting to relive the glory days of her two-week stint on Daily Kitchen Live (DKL), have a grunk a through threads 2-9.

*** JACKISMS ***

Jack’s most oft-used reply to questions on recipe substitutions:

Yes, absolutely x

Some other favourite Jack quotes:

‘Babe, same’

‘I did a chaos’

‘My maverick brain’

‘My sad little face’

‘I’m BUSY’

‘I HOOTED / I am FIZZING’

‘I laughed up a lung’
    🥴
    One of Jack’s followers once referred to Tattlers as sad hausfraus and Jack herself has likened us to a cabal. Therefore we have become the Cabal of Hausfraus™️. She also recently referred to us as ‘gossip mavens’ (so, we are gossip trusted experts). ** Recent additions to her terms of endearment for Tattle: conspiracy wankers, obsessive groups of completely unhinged bullies, bullying ninnies, and malign, vicious bullies **

To ‘GrunkaLunka’ your way through a thread means to catch up on posts. Named after a member who rather epically caught up on many threads in a short period of time (and is also a fearless pioneer of the space-time continuum. She really was here both Now and Then).

Jack once threatened to use her Liam Neeson skills to TRIANGULATE our whereabouts in order to intimidate us, so that’s what we mean by that. * She may also threaten to take us to court - do not be afraid, this is not the first time and it won’t be the last. *

Jack once sideboard modelled a Vivienne Westwood dress, seeming to infer that it’s what Viv would have wanted (as if she were dead), and then got snippy when corrected otherwise. There may be some ‘RIP Viv’ jokes (she is, of course, NOT dead)

We sometimes joke about being on Vladimir Putin’s bitcoin payroll list for being evil trolls.

During her stint on Daily Kitchen Live, Jack produced a godawful looking lasagne, with a thin white sauce that never thickened up, just disappeared. It was widely likened to ‘horse spunk’ - there may be some horse ‘spirit’ lasagne jokes.

Her last-uttered line to Matt Tebutt on DKL was: ‘Thank you so Matt much, Matt’, which made us all HOOT.

Jack ended a tweet that listed her (not unimpressive) four-and-a-half GCSE results (A*, A, B, B, C) with: ‘Now duck off’. We sometimes like to use this in our own posts for comedic effect. We are NOT telling other fraus to duck off, simply paying homage to Jack’s own genteel humour.

*Back in the mists of time, one funny frau used a Jimmy Nail ‘She’s Lying’ picture to illustrate their thoughts on one of Jack’s latest tales. @Alpha Beta thought it was Novak Djokovic, the cabal hooted and Novak Nail was born. You may see reference to Jimmy Nail, Novak Djokovic, or the combination of both: Novak Nail. All demonstrate that she’s lying.*

Also:
    • She grew up in a 5-bed (mortgaged/owned) house
    • She got a £4.5k Omega watch for her 21st birthday
    • Her dad's a bleeping LANDLORD (an oldy, but a goody)
    • Jack and Louisa are no longer in a relationship - in Jack’s words: ‘She [Louisa] left’.
    • Her record for staying off Twitter since the start of these threads is 114 hours and 47 minutes.
    • She is 90% vegan. The other 10% likes to nom nom on Five Guys burger and discounted chicken slices.
    • During her appearance on DKL, she was asked why some mince has a higher fat content. ‘It just does.’
    • The information held on her by Companies House has her year of birth WRONG. She was born in 1988, not 1978.

Here is a link to Jack’s Tattle Wiki page, which also includes clips of Matt Tebutt muttering ‘Terrible!’ on Daily Kitchen Live, courtesy of @Yel) and @Bookweevil ‘s hilarious Glossary of Jack.

We are terrible for going off on tangents and using too many gifs, so there is another thread where we don’t discuss JM but instead talk about biscuits and stuff. For good light relief when JM is doing too much chaos, come to the Food & Drink threads in Off Topic.
    [*]

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 126
If I was Jack I would definitely troll us all and call my next book The Mystery Of The Missing Livers.

• Haha
Reactions: 50
Well rinse my beans, another group frauen effort in the thread title! Congratulations to @byropaw for the words, and @bignose28 for nominating them. Working together, we can make a change ...

Recap of thread #88

1. She indulged in one of her ‘twice-yearly’ designated rest and relaxation slots and had a nap after the school run. She also wants to embrace anything hygge.
  2. She produced some food - more maverick sandwiches and yet more bowls of what looked like various iterations of Shrek’s dirty bathwater.
  3. She’s particularly furious at being sent a PR email that offered her Caviar vodka. I mean, how dare they, it’s not vegan.
  4. She was still going on about multiple radios and one of the Mrs Js.
  5. First time I’ve ever heard of a butter sausage. Surprise, surprise, she put it in a curry.
  6. She wants to be explicitly clear that she eats mostly vegan. Anchoïade, Tesco’s finest mackerel, and devilled eggs, oh my!
  7. She has half a million eyes (across various social media platforms) on her and just wants to cook sausages without writing an essay and feeling the ouches. What kind of sausages do you use, Jack? ANY, now get to duck.
  8. She knows how to colour inside the lines.
  9. Don’t be suggesting omega supplements to her so that she doesn’t have to eat the fishies. They’re. Not. In. Her. Budget.
  10. She’s been trying to moderate social media (code: she hasn’t been on Twitter for a few hours).
  11. Does bombproof cupboard cardboard cheese count as vegan? Don’t be saying that she should buy nutritional yeast, it’s too Expensive.
  12. Jack, those chicken thighs are DEAD. Please stop resurrecting them.
  13. She has made 17 ready meals from an indeterminate amount of shops.
  14. Jack Monroe Food Safety 101: Don’t muck about with all that defrosting properly in the fridge lark. Just chuck it in the microwave and nuke it to kingdom come.
  15. She’s in a ‘good bit’ at the moment, which means a ‘disaster is probably imminent.’ Pie Jesu.
  16. [*]
    For new joiners to the thread, here is @Passive_Aggressive_Lemon ‘s ‘Jack for Dummies’ post (edited to include updated info):

Thought it might be useful for new followers to have a post at the start of each thread with some info.
    Limegoss article about Jack versus Jamie Oliver : https://limegoss.com/jack-monroe-jamie-oliver/

Thread #31 is the infamous one in which Jack turns up to talk to us directly. She makes her appearance on p. 17.

For anyone wanting to relive the glory days of her two-week stint on Daily Kitchen Live (DKL), have a grunk a through threads 2-9.

*** JACKISMS ***

Jack’s most oft-used reply to questions on recipe substitutions:

Yes, absolutely x

Some other favourite Jack quotes:

‘Babe, same’

‘I did a chaos’

‘My maverick brain’

‘My sad little face’

‘I’m BUSY’

‘I HOOTED / I am FIZZING’

‘I laughed up a lung’
    🥴
    One of Jack’s followers once referred to Tattlers as sad hausfraus and Jack herself has likened us to a cabal. Therefore we have become the Cabal of Hausfraus™️. She also recently referred to us as ‘gossip mavens’ (so, we are gossip trusted experts). ** Recent additions to her terms of endearment for Tattle: conspiracy wankers, obsessive groups of completely unhinged bullies, bullying ninnies, and malign, vicious bullies **

To ‘GrunkaLunka’ your way through a thread means to catch up on posts. Named after a member who rather epically caught up on many threads in a short period of time (and is also a fearless pioneer of the space-time continuum. She really was here both Now and Then).

Jack once threatened to use her Liam Neeson skills to TRIANGULATE our whereabouts in order to intimidate us, so that’s what we mean by that. * She may also threaten to take us to court - do not be afraid, this is not the first time and it won’t be the last. *

Jack once sideboard modelled a Vivienne Westwood dress, seeming to infer that it’s what Viv would have wanted (as if she were dead), and then got snippy when corrected otherwise. There may be some ‘RIP Viv’ jokes (she is, of course, NOT dead)

We sometimes joke about being on Vladimir Putin’s bitcoin payroll list for being evil trolls.

During her stint on Daily Kitchen Live, Jack produced a godawful looking lasagne, with a thin white sauce that never thickened up, just disappeared. It was widely likened to ‘horse spunk’ - there may be some horse ‘spirit’ lasagne jokes.

Her last-uttered line to Matt Tebutt on DKL was: ‘Thank you so Matt much, Matt’, which made us all HOOT.

Jack ended a tweet that listed her (not unimpressive) four-and-a-half GCSE results (A*, A, B, B, C) with: ‘Now duck off’. We sometimes like to use this in our own posts for comedic effect. We are NOT telling other fraus to duck off, simply paying homage to Jack’s own genteel humour.

*Back in the mists of time, one funny frau used a Jimmy Nail ‘She’s Lying’ picture to illustrate their thoughts on one of Jack’s latest tales. @Alpha Beta thought it was Novak Djokovic, the cabal hooted and Novak Nail was born. You may see reference to Jimmy Nail, Novak Djokovic, or the combination of both: Novak Nail. All demonstrate that she’s lying.*

Also:
    • She grew up in a 5-bed (mortgaged/owned) house
    • She got a £4.5k Omega watch for her 21st birthday
    • Her dad's a bleeping LANDLORD (an oldy, but a goody)
    • Jack and Louisa are no longer in a relationship - in Jack’s words: ‘She [Louisa] left’.
    • Her record for staying off Twitter since the start of these threads is 114 hours and 47 minutes.
    • She is 90% vegan. The other 10% likes to nom nom on Five Guys burger and discounted chicken slices.
    • During her appearance on DKL, she was asked why some mince has a higher fat content. ‘It just does.’
    • The information held on her by Companies House has her year of birth WRONG. She was born in 1988, not 1978.
    [*]
    Here is a link to Jack’s Tattle Wiki page, which also includes clips of Matt Tebutt muttering ‘Terrible!’ on Daily Kitchen Live, courtesy of @Yel) and @Bookweevil ‘s hilarious Glossary of Jack.

We are terrible for going off on tangents and using too many gifs, so there is another thread where we don’t discuss JM but instead talk about biscuits and stuff. For good light relief when JM is doing too much chaos, come to the Food & Drink threads in Off Topic.
    [*]
Please become a comedy writer, you can use these thread recaps as your portfolio.

“Shrek’s dirty bathwater” for next thread title 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 54
OK so I've done a very quick list of the things she's used so far this week which were not on the food shop:

Tonight’s dinner
- anchioade
- squash
- chard
- pasta
- gross ‘cheese’
lunch (soup)
- red lentils
- coconut milk
breakfast
- porridge
- salted peanuts
- syrup
THAT'S JUST TODAY but I can't help but notice it's her son's meals she's making with the ingredients she bought, whilst she lords it up with all the added extras.
Over the past few days she's also used
- rice
- ribollita (duck knows what she put in that to be perfectly honest but the one ingredient she felt she should highlight was sage and onion stuffing, which is not on this week's food shop)
- Kale
- butter (for the ‘butter sausage’)
- sausage (for the ‘butter sausage’)
- peas
- mustard
- lemon juice
- mayo
- Puttanseca soup (again, duck knows what was in that but authentic ingredients are not included on her receipt)
- Cinnamon (for porridge) but also other oils, herbs, spices, which she doesn't mention and it's impossible at the moment to check for because of course she hasn't written a single recipe for anything.
Her son also ate one of last week’s frozen meals for his dinner the other night.

HOPE THAT HELPS. I'm slightly calmer now. Thankyou and duck off x

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 79
I take it back - shouldn’t be any egg in an Anchoïade. Blended anchovies but no raw egg.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 21
Who lugs their freezer in to the garden to clean it?! Is this a thing?! I mean, I don’t have a garden so maybe I’m missing something but I manage to clean mine perfectly fine inside.

• Haha
Reactions: 66
Who lugs their freezer in to the garden to clean it?! Is this a thing?! I mean, I don’t have a garden so maybe I’m missing something but I manage to clean mine perfectly fine inside.

I suppose it's easier when you have a massive garden. well, apart from the lugging it out bit. I dunno 🤷‍♀️

or maybe it just actually didn't happen. and she's just cleared one shelf to make it look like there's nothing else in... nah, can't be that surely 🙃

• Haha
Reactions: 43
Just when you think you are all cringed out, she posts a collage of 'sandwiches and brown slop' as if it's a good thing.

Reminds me of the bagged prison food they serve on Orange Is The New Black that causes a revolt.

Had a brainwave that her posting style is similar in some respects to Sara Cox. SC is legitimately gathering content for her radio show. Maybe JM has her own show with a sum total of 6 listeners all mysteriously in the same location.

• Haha
Reactions: 25
Excellent list work @Veronicaaa. If only her followers could see it.

I suppose it's easier when you have a massive garden. well, apart from the lugging it out bit. I dunno 🤷‍♀️

or maybe it just actually didn't happen. and she's just cleared one shelf to make it look like there's nothing else in... nah, can't be that surely 🙃
Yea I can imagine having space outside to defrost/clean would be easier but actually physically dragging it out there to do it? Really? On her own?!
Maybe one of the 3 freezers is just a show one for photos.

• Heart
Reactions: 20

Imagine the state of it that she had to lug it out into the garden to clean it :sick: Oh wait, didn't happen did it!

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.