Jack Monroe #89 Did you know she once ran out of jam?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yea I can imagine having space outside to defrost/clean would be easier but actually physically dragging it out there to do it? Really? On her own?!
Maybe one of the 3 freezers is just a show one for photos.
I can’t even be fucked to turn mine off to defrost it as it requires taking off a kickboard, just blast it with a hair dryer and pray.

If there was the risk of anything in there being alive, a site of scientific interest, or a biological weapon I suppose yes I probably would get it out in the garden too

• Haha
Reactions: 36
I feel like if she *had* actually lugged her freezer out into the garden in order to clean and defrost it we would have had a blow by blow description some mention of it. Interesting too that there is nothing else to be seen in the freezer pics other than her packaged meals. I guess she's got one freezer dedicated to that and one of her other ones filled with frozen eyelid sausages and chopped veg and Ocado ready meals.

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 54
OK so I've done a very quick list of the things she's used so far this week which were not on the food shop:

Tonight’s dinner
- anchioade
- squash
- chard
- pasta
- gross ‘cheese’
lunch (soup)
- red lentils
- coconut milk
breakfast
- porridge
- salted peanuts
- syrup
THAT'S JUST TODAY but I can't help but notice it's her son's meals she's making with the ingredients she bought, whilst she lords it up with all the added extras.
Over the past few days she's also used
- rice
- ribollita (duck knows what she put in that to be perfectly honest but the one ingredient she felt she should highlight was sage and onion stuffing, which is not on this week's food shop)
- Kale
- butter (for the ‘butter sausage’)
- sausage (for the ‘butter sausage’)
- peas
- mustard
- lemon juice
- mayo
- Puttanseca soup (again, duck knows what was in that but authentic ingredients are not included on her receipt)
- Cinnamon (for porridge) but also other oils, herbs, spices, which she doesn't mention and it's impossible at the moment to check for because of course she hasn't written a single recipe for anything.
Her son also ate one of last week’s frozen meals for his dinner the other night.

HOPE THAT HELPS. I'm slightly calmer now. Thankyou and duck off x
HOW DO HER FOLLOWERS NOT SEEM TO NOTICE THIS!?

• Haha
Reactions: 38
Imagine the state of it that she had to lug it out into the garden to clean it :sick: Oh wait, didn't happen did it!
(movie voiceover) it did not.

that is a carefully curated shot of containers of sadness, with an appended story of woe minus any other pics of freezers full of ready meals

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 31
maybe she has to lug it out to the garden because that is easier than bringing in the bountiful goodness of the garden to the kitchen....

(Edited to add an i)

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Who lugs their freezer in to the garden to clean it?! Is this a thing?! I mean, I don’t have a garden so maybe I’m missing something but I manage to clean mine perfectly fine inside.
I think that’s probably down to whatever noxious substances she’s been keeping in there. Out of date livers, for example. Rancid pistachio milk. Gallons of unidentifiable brown slop. The freezer probably needs complete fumigation if not completely destroying.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 27
Yes dear, she is a magician. Magically pulling ingredients from her arse that WEREN'T ON THE SHOP

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 61
Do any chefs follow her? Proper ones.
Not daughters of Barons who maintain interest by ucking their tits out in the closing credits.

• Haha
Reactions: 36
HOW DO HER FOLLOWERS NOT SEEM TO NOTICE THIS!?
They're as thick as Jack Slop. Sorry, but they are. I have just caught up on this evening's shenanigans and I am fizzing and howling with FURY. How dare she call herself an anti poverty campaigner on a day like today when there's headline news of a very distressing tale related to a mum facing hardship and issues with universal credit and unable to access a food bank? Isn't she supposed to be writing a book on this topic? She literally doesn't give a duck.

On twitter, revelling in lies and slop.

She can duck right off.

• Heart
Reactions: 48
I'm sorry guys, I feel like everyone has moved on from this, but I just... I just I can't get over this...

Why the tin foil trays?!

Not even from a eco wanker perspective (even though I am a bit of one), but the expense of buying those things instead of a few durable pieces of tupperware.

It's just bizarre. Not on brand even for her.

She could get a few cheap asda reusable tubs for one of her £12 Le creuset charity shop finds.

Also why are absolutely none of her Guardian reading followers clocking this?

Gah.... !

I'm genuinely concerned I may not sleep tonight. It's just too frustrating.

• Heart
Reactions: 56
I'm sorry guys, I feel like everyone has moved on from this, but I just... I just I can't get over this...

Why the tin foil trays?!

Not even from a eco wanker perspective (even though I am a bit of one), but the expense of buying those things instead of a few durable pieces of tupperware.

She could get a few cheap asda reusable tubs for one of her £12 Le creuset charity shop finds.

Gah.... !

For all anybody knows they could be empty. Can't believe a word she comes off with. Who remembers she allegedly had like 6 months worth of mash in her freezer. It's never been seen or heard of again... (Case of the missing mash)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 56

Why the tin foil trays?!

Gah.... !

The reusable tubs would be see through and would reveal her lies. The tin foil things are empty, I'd wager.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 50
For all anybody knows they could be empty. Can't believe a word she comes off with. Who remembers she allegedly had like 6 months worth of mash in her freezer. It's never been seen or heard of again... (Case of the missing mash)
File it in with the chicken livers.

• Haha
Reactions: 27
The pasta ready meal was from M&S it’s been quite a few years mind! I at it at least once a week before I left as we used to get the out of date food if we did a night shift!
it looks exactly the same down to the sad wilted greens!

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 32
Did anyone ever do a running list of these things that disappeared into the ether? If so could you post it?

• Haha
Reactions: 20
The pasta ready meal was from M&S it’s been quite a few years mind! I at it at least once a week before I left as we used to get the out of date food if we did a night shift!
it looks exactly the same down to the sad wilted greens!
She’ll have picked it up with her Ocado shop. She’s shameless.

• Wow
Reactions: 25
Fear not dear heart, for the 3kg of frozen mash has passed on over to a better place x

AFB87CB2-B264-4A14-BFEC-EC887481E669.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 60
Do any chefs follow her? Proper ones.
Not daughters of Barons who maintain interest by ucking their tits out in the closing credits.

just going off the top of her followers, so people who I follow who also follow her, Yotam Ottolenghi and Jeremy Lee. also mom Nigella, who does not identify as a chef, and lots of people off bake off.

• Wow
Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.