Jack Monroe #89 Did you know she once ran out of jam?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Oh Secret Barrister, you've gone down in my estimation :( You'd have thought a person of the law would have seen straight through her.

Screenshot_20201015-214757_Twitter.jpg

• Sick
  • Sad
Reactions: 41
She's followed a load of #spycops accounts on Twitter.

I realize this isn't interesting but I just thought I'd make note of it 🤷🏼‍♀️😆

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 33
Jack, you read here. A simple message for you.

The message you are sending by insisting that you can easily feed two people on £20 is harming the very people you are claiming to be campaigning for. Please stop this crusade you have of trying to find the bare minimum that a person can exist on. It is harmful to the very people you wish to help. You are playing into the hands of the very government you profess to hate. Please change your tactic, it isn't working for the benefit of people living in poverty, and it is no longer working for you.

Thankyou.

• Heart
Reactions: 113
Who lugs their freezer in to the garden to clean it?! Is this a thing?! I mean, I don’t have a garden so maybe I’m missing something but I manage to clean mine perfectly fine inside.
I do have a garden, but why on earth would you lug a freezer outside to clean it, there is absolutely no need for that

Reactions: 21
See now I want to retract my point about her being thick and not noticing the contradictions because she *must* by now and you're right, it's just a blatant attempt to sell herself as a brand* without giving a single duck about the wider consequences of the constant bullshit she spouts. Also whenever you talk about Mark Lewis I think of Martin Lewis and am all like 'but why would the money saving expert come after you' before the penny drops.

*a brand based on POVERTY of all things, ffs.
I love a name drop, I suspect it can only benefit our SEO rankings 😉 But I think they may actually be related? Pretty sure Martin has tweeted about his BIL Mark Lewis before, but I don’t understand how they’d have the same surname if they were in laws?! Also Mark Lewis represented Martin with those dodgy Facebook ads case, Mark is evidently a PR guru taking on these sorts of digital landmark cases tbh as his online profile is 🔥

And yep! Her admitting it’s bleeping tough to eat well on next to nothing puts her out of business tbh so she has skin Cotswolds in the game. Her entire business model relies on the lie that you can stave off food bank usage with her top tips. Not just that, but it’s possible to FLOURISH on the breadline too. Offensive and vile really x

• Heart
Reactions: 30
Have a freezer. Have a garden. Have never taken the freezer outside to defrost it because I'm not a total bellend.

• Haha
Reactions: 61
When I defrost my freezer, I turn it off, empty it and put containers of hot just boiled water inside to speed up the defrosting. I put a towel or newspaper on the floor in front to catch any drips. Change the hot water a few times and let it defrost.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
How bad would your freezer need to be to have to take it outside to clean it?

• Haha
Reactions: 20
I said the other day how a few years back the Tories used her budget cooking tales as evidence that people could eat just fine on the measly amount of money they had. At the time she acted all outraged that they had twisted it as such. Yet she's doing the exact same thing again here by boasting at how far she can make money stretch, and excitedly reveling in the attention and praise it's bringing her. It's potentially very damaging for those people who genuinely have very little money for food.
Selfish, selfish witch.
Such a good point. On one hand she's outraged that food prices have increased yet on the other she's boasting how she and SB can live on a £20 a week shop with also filling her freezer full of extra meals. So which is it?

• Heart
Reactions: 44
Jack, you read here. A simple message for you.

The message you are sending by insisting that you can easily feed two people on £20 is harming the very people you are claiming to be campaigning for. Please stop this crusade you have of trying to find the bare minimum that a person can exist on. It is harmful to the very people you wish to help. You are playing into the hands of the very government you profess to hate. Please change your tactic, it isn't working for the benefit of people living in poverty, and it is no longer working for you.

Thankyou.
Jack, please get on to Marcus and tell him how his mother wasn't shopping wisely enough or cooking cleverly enough to feed him.
That she failed him because she could have easily fed him on 20 quid, and, well, she had an ACTUAL job.
Not making 'Poverty' her brand, you absolute bleeping leech.

• Heart
Reactions: 61
Oh I've just figured out what's so wrong with those freezer pics. It looks like the freezer isn't even on. There's no ice or moisture or anything on the containers, some of which are meant to have been in there since last week.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 77
ugggggh what a gruesome twosome. Sophie Hagen is something of a perpetual victim too, so of course her tongue is firmly lodged.
That’s so weird, I was literally just saying on the plus size influencers thread that I would be up for a thread on Sofie Hagan.

I love her stand up. She’s hilarious, but oh my god the victim hood on SM... clutches at straws to Jack levels and then some

Reactions: 21
Oh God it’s an empty freezer she’s got switched off in the shed isn’t it? Full of empty boxes.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 54
Oh I've just figured out what's so wrong with those freezer pics. It looks like the freezer isn't even on. There's no ice or moisture or anything on the containers, some of which are meant to have been in there since last week.
YES. I have been listening to an audiobook with my kids, but breaking out in a cold sweat due to the realisation that the fecking dinosaur claw curry should not look like that! Quite clearly never frozen.

Dinosaur claw curry was binned. A minute's silence, please.

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.